Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:21 AM   #5641
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Southpaws foiled again!

So both the Southpaws and the Energizer Bunnies were in championship series in their respective perfect leagues. In fact, both had three game to two game leads in those series --- but both lost 4-3 in seven games.

Congratulations to the Mammoth Mammoths for winning their second straight perfect league title, and third out of the last six years.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #5642
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So both the Southpaws and the Energizer Bunnies were in championship series in their respective perfect leagues. In fact, both had three game to two game leads in those series --- but both lost 4-3 in seven games.

Congratulations to the Mammoth Mammoths for winning their second straight perfect league title, and third out of the last six years.
Appreciate it! And against none better than yourself. Enjoy all of that PP you're going to get from Waddell
Old 10-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #5643
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post

They beat Ewa Beach in the same manner.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:46 AM   #5644
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Goldbugs nee Sox win Second

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:50 AM   #5645
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The Wrap Up (Final)

Thanks for the stats Magus! As I said, I'll be posting the final standings for perfect and diamond, and I'll be checking the thread. Still willing to help out with graphics, if someone has a request. Have a good week.
Attached Images
Old 10-28-2019, 04:29 AM   #5646
Edster007
All Star Starter

As I mentioned earlier last week I am "retiring" three of my teams: San Pedro, Everett and Jefferson Valley. I only mention it as I see they are still on the master friends list. I am likely to bring San Pedro back after Thanksgiving, we will see about the other two.

Reality is time constraints is the largest reason. For the past month or so about the only thing I do is make sure my friends list is up to date Monday morning. Having to look over four teams suddenly became difficult to the point I don't look at box scores or examine what I can do to make improvements. With one team for the time being I will have time to manage them to the extent you can. I have been traveling a lot for business since mid September and it has become more a chore to keep up.

I considered just leaving the 3 teams in and just checking in as they are all somewhat competitive in their current state. My decision to pull them is based on the fact that I now work every Sunday and have to race to update four friend lists early Monday morning.

I really enjoy being in our league and I need to do this so it remains enjoyable.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:27 AM   #5647
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth_Mayhem View Post
Appreciate it! And against none better than yourself. Enjoy all of that PP you're going to get from Waddell
Oh, I am selling Waddell. I got him just at beginning of playoffs, but if I don't sell him I won't have any PPs at all.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:09 AM   #5648
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I am assuming the league is now kaput... no posts in several days.. Hoping their will be a new OL next year for sure.. for now I am going to undo the OL from my name and go to just a regular team including Live players..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #5649
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I am assuming the league is now kaput... no posts in several days.. Hoping their will be a new OL next year for sure.. for now I am going to undo the OL from my name and go to just a regular team including Live players..

yeah, was kinda wondering that as well..... been getting caught up at work here this week after being gone for a couple weeks... haven't had time to do much besides log in to see how craptacular my bunch is doing... they've been spinning their wheels the past couple months (solid Diamond club / mediocre at best Perfect).... so going to take Waffletown and O'Fallon out on barnstorming tours of the other leagues to see how they manage in the wild

been a great 30+ year run.... good luck all.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #5650
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

I'm still going to maintain my OL team, just with less vigor. Granted, I'm on the edge of expensive upgrades, so that's a personal challenge to see what I can do with it.

We'll see how long my position lasts, the AH will surely have a big part to play based on scarcity.

F2P Packs

Last edited by Diezwraths; 11-01-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: grammar
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #5651
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Still very much alive...though the interaction is way down, as we can all see.

The game engine is obviously lacking. While there are many toggles and switches that give the feel of control, I seriously doubt that they actually affect game play in any way. (Makes me miss SOM a bit).

That said, there have been some interesting things this week. Most recent game for the Bears was 2-2 going to the 16th, at which point Stephensville scored 10.

Keep the faith, OL-friends.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #5652
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post

The game engine is obviously lacking. While there are many toggles and switches that give the feel of control, I seriously doubt that they actually affect game play in any way. (Makes me miss SOM a bit).

That said, there have been some interesting things this week. Most recent game for the Bears was 2-2 going to the 16th, at which point Stephensville scored 10.

I am staying in. I like not having to pay to compete!
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #5653
Magus978
All Star Starter

I'm keeping whatever I have left in here. I also have to compile some gold stats once I get a free moment. Maybe tonight.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #5654
Edster007
All Star Starter

While I did pull out three teams it wasn’t due to my fading interest it was more due to real life time constraints. I plan to bring back at least one of the teams back in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #5655
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Tacoma still alive and active

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #5656
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post

Makes me miss SOM a lot. I think this game pales by comparison in all respects except the price. I'm just not a big enough baseball fan anymore to want to spend the time and money.

I made a quick perusal of P405 and D412 and we're down to 17 teams each. Interest really seems to be fading. To be honest, it was the first time I checked this week, and I wasn't even tempted during the week. Given that, this will be the last week for crowns and all time standings, so the second Founders Cup will also be awarded as well. I turned back to other pursuits and found it more rewarding. I'm thinking of going to visit Ubon Rachathani, Thailand in a couple of years ( I was stationed there in 1973-73) and have become curious to see what it's like after all these years, so I've been working on learning to read and write Thai, as well as trying to regain some speaking and listening skills. Marie 'n Me also need to record a couple of original songs, so I want to convert a spare room into a make-shift studio. Also have at least a dozen song ideas in various stages of completion that have been ignored for months and months. Hope this isn't too abrupt, but this week kind of opened my eyes. I have enjoyed OL and especially the people I've met, but it feels like time to move on. That said, I will leave my teams there and will continue to open packs on Sunday mornings with my meager earnings going forward. An hour or two a week is about as far as my interest goes, at this point. Thanks to all of you.

My, this is getting long, but I just want to add that, for this week, it would be helpful to have final OL standings for gold, silver, and bronze, if applicable. Thanks in advance. One final note of interest is the sudden appearance of the Fancher Creek Pirates in D412.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:53 AM   #5657
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I made a quick perusal of P405 and D412 and we're down to 17 teams each. Interest really seems to be fading. To be honest, it was the first time I checked this week, and I wasn't even tempted during the week. Given that, this will be the last week for crowns and all time standings, so the second Founders Cup will also be awarded as well.
For some reason myself and three other teams were shuffled off into a Gold B.

I'm not terribly surprised, given that the MLB season has now ended, makes sense that overall interest would be down as well. It's natural for people to want some sort of break.

Take a six-month break, and we'll be refreshed and recharged for Our League III next spring!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 11-02-2019 at 07:58 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:08 AM   #5658
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Since I had the game open...

Here's the PT standings heading into the final month
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-02-2019, 06:10 AM   #5659
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
17 teams in Gold, but for some reason myself and three other teams were shuffled off into a Gold B.

I'm not terribly surprised, given that the MLB season has now ended, makes sense that overall interest would be down as well. It's natural for people to want some sort of break.

Take a six-month break, and we'll be refreshed and recharged for Our League III next spring!

If you'd care to compile the final OL standings for the 4-team gold league, a second crown could be awarded there.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #5660
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
If you'd care to compile the final OL standings for the 4-team gold league, a second crown could be awarded there.
We're all in opposite divisions, so I don't know if any of the teams would even reach the required 10 games...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote