Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Heaven: My Random Debut League

League Settings

After spending far more years than I care to admit lurking on this board, I recently decided to contribute more to this wonderful community by posting with increased frequency. Although I have never written a Dynasty Report before, I enjoyed reading those written by others. Inspired by OOTP XX coming around the bend, and feeling some burnout from PT after being submerged in it hook, line, and sinker, I've decided to create a new Random Debut League save that I will post about. I've only tried this type of league once prior, and didn't get too far with it due having more interest in other types of league projects . However, I have always been intrigued by the idea and recently felt the need to scratch that itch.

Before beginning, I'd like to thank actionjackson & David Watts, who unbeknownst to them, provided me a framework from which to approach this project. Integrating suggestions they provided in threads throughout the forum was crucial towards getting this project off the ground. I mixed in many elements that I felt critical towards making me invested. On to the league set-up :

TCR - 110
Batter/Pitcher Aging - 90
Batter/Pitcher Development - 110
Trading - Hard/Neutral
Recalc - Off
OOTP Development Engine - On
Coaching - Off
Stat Settings - 1984
League Settings - 1969 (1x2x6)

I made slight changes to the divisions to align better geographically & decided I prefer keeping the Expos in D.C. as the Nationals.

AL East - BAL, BOS, CLE, DET, TOR, NYY

AL West - CAL, CHW, KCR, MIN, OAK, SEA

NL East - ATL, CIN, NYM, PIT, PHI, WSH

NL West - CHC, HOU, LAD, SDN, SFG, STL

After 2 - 3 seasons, I will likely expand, with Montreal and Denver entering the N.L.& Phoenix and Milwaukee coming to the A.L.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 03-05-2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity from I- Phone
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

The Players

After reflecting on what went wrong the previous time I tried an RDL league, I realized it was because I had no attachment to the players and teams due to the randomized import settings. Thus, I am taking what I believe to be thoughtful liberties creating team rosters. Each team is receiving 6 "Legacy" players, the vast majority of whom played with the teams they were assigned to. Some players I learned more about through PT have been added to this population. The players were imported using the OOTP historical database. Each team received :

An "Ace" pitcher: 70+ ratings
A "2nd starter": 60 - 67 ratings
A "Fireman/Closer": 69+ ratings
2 "Superstars": 70+ ratings
1 "Star": 60 - 67 ratings

Players were imported using seasons where their ratings matched these parameters. For example:

Redsox legacy players: Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Jonathan Papelbon, Wade Boggs, Ted Williams, & Kevin Youkilis.

Dodgers legacy players : Sandy Koufax, Orel Hershiser, Eric Gagne, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, & Duke Snider

Reds legacy players: Tom Seaver, Jose Rijo, Rob Dibble, Joe Morgan, Joe Kelley, & Barry Larkin

Braves legacy players: John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Bruce Sutter, Chipper Jones, Eddie Mathews, & Andruw Jones

Initially, I was going to go with 1 HOF hitter and pitcher per team. However, prior to the initial draft, I saw there would only be 28 players per team and not a lot of top level talent. I'm using. reserve rosters and no minor league system, however I'd like to keep injuries set to normal. Thus, I added 2 more Superstars per team for balance and competitiveness. After the initial placement draft, I noted the bullpens were uniformly poorly rated and added the firemen. Then I went through each team, and imported one more star player at the position I believed to be the weakest on each team.

My goal is to create a hyper competive league with parity. However, after the initial distribution, I am leaving the player development in the hands of the OOTP development engine. Thus, the 110 TCR & disabling of Recalc.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 03-05-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity from iPhone
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Edster007
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=OzzyOz23;4445896]The Players

Reds legacy players: Tom Seaver, Jose Rijo, Rob Dibble, Joe Morgan, Joe Kelley, & Barry Larkin

Being a NY'er you may get some objection to Tom Seaver being a Reds Legacy player as opposed to a Met
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
League Settings

After spending far more years than I care to admit lurking on this board, I recently decided to contribute more to this wonderful community by posting with increased frequency. Although I have never written a Dynasty Report before, I enjoyed reading those written by others. Inspired by OOTP XX coming around the bend, and feeling some burnout from PT after being submerged in it hook, line, and sinker, I've decided to create a new Random Debut League save that I will post about. I've only tried this type of league once prior, and didn't get too far with it due having more interest in other types of league projects . However, I have always been intrigued by the idea and recently felt the need to scratch that itch.

Before beginning, I'd like to thank actionjackson & David Watts, who unbeknownst to them, provided me a framework from which to approach this project. Integrating suggestions they provided in threads throughout the forum was crucial towards getting this project off the ground. I mixed in many elements that I felt critical towards making me invested. On to the league set-up :

TCR - 110
Batter/Pitcher Aging - 90
Batter/Pitcher Development - 110
Trading - Hard/Neutral
Recalc - Off
OOTP Development Engine - On
Coaching - Off
Stat Settings - 1984
League Settings - 1969 (1x2x6)

I made slight changes to the divisions to align better geographically & decided I prefer keeping the Expos in D.C. as the Nationals.

AL East - BAL, BOS, CLE, DET, TOR, NYY

AL West - CAL, CHW, KCR, MIN, OAK, SEA

NL East - ATL, CIN, NYM, PIT, PHI, WSH

NL West - CHC, HOU, LAD, SDN, SFG, STL

After 2 - 3 seasons, I will likely expand, with Montreal and Denver entering the N.L.& Phoenix and Milwaukee coming to the A.L.
Thanks for the props. Just one note though. Even though my thread says I'm using 1984 for my stats settings, I actually switched to 1992 before the 1907 season because I found 1984 a wee bit hot for my taste. I plan to continue with that as I was quite happy with what I saw from the 1907 season. Keep your settings at 1984 or switch them to another year as you wish. I just felt I had to update you on this development.

I've hit a bit of a snag at the moment with my game, and I can't seem to get any traction, or find a way forward. It happens sometimes. We'll see where it goes from here. It's why my thread has almost been bumped off the front page. That and the fact that there are many enthusiastic posters in this year's Historical Simulations section of OOTP Baseball 19, which is great to see.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Keep us posted, please.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote