Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

이거 읽을 수 있니? 우리는 당신과 이야기하고 싶습니다.

Hey folks,

Please excuse the Google translation in the title, I hope it was close.

We've noticed recently that we've been getting many more Koreans playing OOTP, to the point where it's now our largest non-English market. So, we'd like to set up a Korean-language forum on the board so we can communicate a little better.

To do that, we're going to need a small team of moderators to run the new forum. We're looking for 2-3 people who are familiar with OOTP and read/write both Korean and English fluently. We'll want you to handle regular moderation duties like enforcing the rules, as well as passing on any concerns the Korean OOTP community has and translating any responses from us.

To apply, please send me a PM or email me at tj@ootpdevelopments.com, and let me know a little about you and your experience with OOTP. Once we have a team together, we'll go ahead with adding the forum.

고마워요. 그리고 저는 여러분의 의견을 기다리고 있습니다.

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
philthepat

너는 우편물이있다!
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you are very brave posting a google translation without verification

(generalization.. i don't speak that language but familiar with google translate)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
maximus33
Minors (Double A)

I think you said "My mother has the face of a horse"
maximus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
StLee
Hall Of Famer

I didn't know OOTP was popular among Koreans. I'm going to have to start asking my students

Despite living in Korea for 10 years, my Korean is not up to par, so I can't help with running a forum.

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #6
StLee
Hall Of Famer

As an anecdote, I have introduced OOTP and met other foreigners living in Korea who play OOTP. That could be a part of the "Korean" community who plays.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #7
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

I would have guessed Japan would be the biggest Asian market interested in ootp.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspomeranians View Post
I would have guessed Japan would be the biggest Asian market interested in ootp.
I believe I was listening to the Giant Bombcast when they mentioned that aside from a few games, PC gaming never really caught on in Japan. Mainly because they got into mobile so much earlier than the US, the market just never really developed.

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:05 AM   #9
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. Lauerman View Post
I believe I was listening to the Giant Bombcast when they mentioned that aside from a few games, PC gaming never really caught on in Japan. Mainly because they got into mobile so much earlier than the US, the market just never really developed.
That's a good point. I just remember when I visited Japan, there were so many baseball only shops and they were impressive. So much equipment and so many things that we don't get here. Nothing like what we have in America. The gloves are much better than what we get as well, but also much more expensive.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:14 AM   #10
jctrain
Bat Boy

Thumbs up a Korean here

I'm just surprised that i could ever see Korean in this forum, so I feel like im should leave some comment here

Well first off, Baseball is no.1 pro sport in Korea, so there will be lots of potential ootp fans if ootp provides precise KBO (the Korean league) rosters and most importantly, the Korean version of the game.
(I've heard that the mods has been rejected it and even not let users to make Korean lang patch so...)

Anyways, I guess its a big step forward that you've been thinking of having Korean support forum. very nice.
jctrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
RMc
All Star Starter

Quote:
이거 읽을 수 있니? 우리는 당신과 이야기하고 싶습니다.
Well, I can't argue with that!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We could really use some help on the KBO rosters from some Korean speakers who follow the KBO. They're definitely not up to par now, and we can never update them in time for release because we depend on English language data being available, which always happens very late in the development cycle. We'd really like to improve that!

If you're interested in helping, please send me a PM or an email!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #13
sunung1188
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am a Korean who speaks both fluent English and Korean. Strong follower of KBO and MLB kindly let me know if you need any help, thanks.
sunung1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #14
Kyu-dong Kim

It's good news for OOTP fans in Korea!!

Hello Everyone.

I am surprised to see Korean language written on the forum for the first time. I am surprised and very pleased to know that the OOTP team is interested in Korean users.

OOTP was introduced in Korea through a small internet forum (Naver cafe) in Korea. I first knew about OOTP in 2008 through this forum.

I also made the KBO League roster from OOTP9 to the present - 2017 season. (A user called "afterburner" shared my work in Korea forum to OOTP forum until 2015)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...archid=2817655

Perhaps a small piece of my work(maybe defense rating..) will remain on the KBO roster of OOTP15, where OOTP has started to apply the international league rosters.

And up to OOTP18, I was happy to play the KBO League roster in the OOTP series, but on the other hand I was a little disappointed with the accuracy.

I am not fluent in English, but I would be happy if I could share the interest of Korean users with OOTP to the OOTP developers and forum users here. Thank you.
Kyu-dong Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #15
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

We have lots of unused Korean and Japanese Historical data that could be used to add those leagues to historicals. Starting in the Mid 1930's through 2016.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #16
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Maybe not the place for this question, but I'll ask anyway.

Is the step ladder format of the KBO League playoffs doable in OOTP?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #17
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. Lauerman View Post
pc games pre-date mobile games by 3 decades... so not sure about that conclusion that wouldn't explain why they weren't interested the previous ~30 years.

they are big on consoles, right? even in america console-gaming dwarfs pc-gaming. that coincided with pc-gaming from the ~beginning.

similar products, similar returns to the user => interchangeable. it will likely be the silly differences between us (culture = arbitrary nonsense) that cause the differences that we see when other factors are nearly the same.

mobile gaming isn't a direct competitor with most games. somethien like ootp ports well, but the hardware is too crappy to play anything with advanced 3d graphics... i bet those samsung phones would skip fire and simply instantly flash into a gas (sublimation).

Last edited by NoOne; 03-26-2017 at 06:57 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #18
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Maybe not the place for this question, but I'll ask anyway.

Is the step ladder format of the KBO League playoffs doable in OOTP?
That's actually one of the aspects of the KBO that drives me crazy. In recent years, the team I follow most, the Samsung Lions, have been a championship team. When they had the best record in the league, it means they had to sit two series before they got to play the finals for the championship. I almost wish only the top three teams got it so that the team with the best record didn't have to sit for two weeks in the post season.

Speaking of Samsung, any of you Koreans on this forum in Daegu? If you're at a Samsung game and see a foreigner with two boys (ages 7 and 5 Korean age) sitting either in left field or right field, come give me an OOTP shout out

Old 03-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu-dong Kim View Post
Hello Everyone.

I am surprised to see Korean language written on the forum for the first time. I am surprised and very pleased to know that the OOTP team is interested in Korean users.

OOTP was introduced in Korea through a small internet forum (Naver cafe) in Korea. I first knew about OOTP in 2008 through this forum.

I also made the KBO League roster from OOTP9 to the present - 2017 season. (A user called "afterburner" shared my work in Korea forum to OOTP forum until 2015)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...archid=2817655

Perhaps a small piece of my work(maybe defense rating..) will remain on the KBO roster of OOTP15, where OOTP has started to apply the international league rosters.

And up to OOTP18, I was happy to play the KBO League roster in the OOTP series, but on the other hand I was a little disappointed with the accuracy.

I am not fluent in English, but I would be happy if I could share the interest of Korean users with OOTP to the OOTP developers and forum users here. Thank you.
Would you being interested in helping with the official rosters to help us improve their accuracy? We'd really like to get them much more accurate than they are now!

We know the accuracy isn't very good, but this is because we have no Korean speakers working on the rosters and I have to take care of most of the work myself, and I'm also responsible for most of the other rosters in the game plus lots more besides, so I don't have the time or the ability to get the rosters really accurate like I would like to do.

If you're willing to help, please send me a message and we can talk over how you can help!

Old 03-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunung1188 View Post
I am a Korean who speaks both fluent English and Korean. Strong follower of KBO and MLB kindly let me know if you need any help, thanks.
We can definitely use help! What would you be willing to do? Send me a message and we can talk it over!