Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-20-2020, 04:05 AM   #481
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Your owner sets the objectives in July.
And updates them around midseason.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #482
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Rival, Fan Happiness points

Hello!

Have noticed that in the beginning of the first season my potential rival (Chicago, playing with Minnesota) gave me additional points in fan happiness when win/loss games against them. But later that season no additional points where distributed.

Is this as it should? Can say that nothing has changed, Chicago are a potential rival.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The point system to my eyes not working as It should right now. Have started different saves with different teams and the game gives + / - points sometimes, sometimes not.

a small thing yes, but it can in the long run be noticeable with does extra points in both directions.

As always - many thanks for a great game, the best hockey sim!

Last edited by sutnopG; 02-21-2020 at 02:57 PM.
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #483
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Seems like the boards have changed alot since I was away
First and most foremost a hockey fan but over the last year, I've started learning about baseball. Watching OOTP videos helped my understanding which let to me buying the game, it looks awesome although no confident to jump into it just yet.

Last edited by Colorado; 02-21-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #484
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

how do i locate the shortlist if I am scouting UFAs and i want to go back to them later on in the season where do i locate the shortlist tab that I add players too... I tried checking out he scouting tab and its not there
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:41 AM   #485
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
how do i locate the shortlist if I am scouting UFAs and i want to go back to them later on in the season where do i locate the shortlist tab that I add players too... I tried checking out he scouting tab and its not there
Team roster screen, Short List tab (on the right, near the end of the list.)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:46 AM   #486
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
Hello!

Have noticed that in the beginning of the first season my potential rival (Chicago, playing with Minnesota) gave me additional points in fan happiness when win/loss games against them. But later that season no additional points where distributed.

Is this as it should? Can say that nothing has changed, Chicago are a potential rival.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The point system to my eyes not working as It should right now. Have started different saves with different teams and the game gives + / - points sometimes, sometimes not.

a small thing yes, but it can in the long run be noticeable with does extra points in both directions.

As always - many thanks for a great game, the best hockey sim!
The potential rival bonus isn't guaranteed, it has about a 50-50 chance of happening. Only a full rivalry always gives a bonus for a win.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #487
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

from the league drop from menu where do I find the draft class for the upcoming draft class?
Old 02-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #488
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

On the main screen, look in the TASKS section.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #489
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Adam

I have seen some Quebec prospects play in leagues like BCHL out west and even in Ontario. Is there a way to scout those leagues and then find just quebec players? is that rights available in the scouting tab when u assign a scout?
Old 02-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #490
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Adam

I have seen some Quebec prospects play in leagues like BCHL out west and even in Ontario. Is there a way to scout those leagues and then find just quebec players? is that rights available in the scouting tab when u assign a scout?
If they're playing out there, it would seem they are more likely headed to College, but who are the players?

I would do one of two things:

(1) Assign them to a shortlist and have a Scout scout the short list, or

(2) Have someone in the region scout for the draft.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #491
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Can the potential rating significantly vary for NHL prospects from the time they become draft eligible to the time they reach their early-mid 20's ? For example, a top 5 pick who had a visible 5 stars rating at his draft year dropping to 2 stars potential later on, and vice versa ? Is there a high percentage of bust and late round blockbusters actually ? (assuming all are scouted A)

Last edited by KevT90; 02-24-2020 at 11:29 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:33 AM   #492
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokid90 View Post
Can the potential rating significantly vary for NHL prospects from the time they become draft eligible to the time they reach their early-mid 20's ? For example, a top 5 pick who had a visible 5 stars rating at his draft year dropping to 2 stars potential later on, and vice versa ? Is there a high percentage of bust and late round blockbusters actually ? (assuming all are scouted A)
Yes, the can vary. You will find prospects who never reach potential or start regressing sooner than they should. You can also find diamonds in the rough. That being said, you're likely not going to find, say, a 5 star franchise player in Round 7. But you can find (and I have found) players who were 2 stars and reached 3 to 3.5 with training. (Or a 4 star guy push higher, for instance). You can sometimes see some hope on some players in their scouting reports if you read them carefully (it will say something about possibly Exceeding Expectations), but that doesn't mean it's limited to only those players.

Actually, I'm amazed that there's still a few very rare story lines that still haven't been seen yet....but that's good because they should be that way for dealing with some unexpected prospect things.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:59 PM   #493
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I'm at October 7th in QMJHL and still nothing in the news about the 2020 draft class being announced for the QMJHL draft any idea of when that gets announced. I went to the QMJHL draft tab and still no players listed?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #494
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I'm at October 7th in QMJHL and still nothing in the news about the 2020 draft class being announced for the QMJHL draft any idea of when that gets announced. I went to the QMJHL draft tab and still no players listed?
It's normally there as soon as you start the game. If you go to the manager home screen (house icon at the top left) and look under tasks, then click on the link to the QMJHL Entry Draft page, that's showing up empty?
Old 03-04-2020, 10:24 PM   #495
Johnny The Hustler
Bat Boy

Hi guys! I just bought FHM 6 and i absolutely love it! Was a huge player of EHM 07 and havent played for over 11 years. Now sorry if my question have already been asked but i want to know what are my options when it come to getting rid of players with No trade or no movement clause? I just started a game with Detroit and i want to trade a couple contracts for picks but they all have NTC or NMC. And last question, i want to know where is the option that allows me to turn the profits the team makes to my advantage, to make sure that the owner give back the money to upgrade staff or total budget money?Thanks.

Last edited by Johnny The Hustler; 03-04-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Johnny The Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #496
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny The Hustler View Post
Hi guys! I just bought FHM 6 and i absolutely love it! Was a huge player of EHM 07 and havent played for over 11 years. Now sorry if my question have already been asked but i want to know what are my options when it come to getting rid of players with No trade or no movement clause? I just started a game with Detroit and i want to trade a couple contracts for picks but they all have NTC or NMC. And last question, i want to know where is the option that allows me to turn the profits the team makes to my advantage, to make sure that the owner give back the money to upgrade staff or total budget money?Thanks.
Thanks for buying and glad you're enjoying it!

To answer your question:

The best thing to do is probably put them on the Trade Block and wait for an offer. You may also be able to move them at the trade deadline or something like the draft, but they do have to improve. If you can add them, they'll accept, otherwise it will tell you they are invoking it. Trade Block is the best bet because they agree to any offer you get.

Owners more or less choose to set the budget every year. The more successful you are though, the more willing they may be to open their pocketbook.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:10 PM   #497
Scottababc
Minors (Single A)

Is there a way to put the salary cap above 100M?
Scottababc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #498
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottababc View Post
Is there a way to put the salary cap above 100M?
No.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:25 PM   #499
erdibiase
Bat Boy

This might be a dumb question but do you guys think game would go on a sale anytime soon? I want to buy this game really bad but it is little bit expensive for me at the moment.
erdibiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #500
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdibiase View Post
This might be a dumb question but do you guys think game would go on a sale anytime soon? I want to buy this game really bad but it is little bit expensive for me at the moment.
We don't comment on that. What I will say is if and when you choose to buy, we appreciate the support.