Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Can 1 bad month erase 15 seasons of exemplary performance?
No.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #22
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Dang. My Walsh is a total bum compared to yours.
Haha! He finally had a couple bum games overnight and is at 13-2 now. Sigh.
My new fascination for the year is seeing how long Mike Lavalliere can lead the Machine in avg.

He's batting .889 against lefties right now...
Keep running through backup catchers (running with 88 Pudge as my starter) and no one's been able to be consistently non-negative WAR, until THIS man.

Go get em, champ.

Last edited by dbqs; 10-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #23
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: Wow...just...wow

Uh, guys? I'm just checking the P407 standings for the first time today, and, well...

Colorado hasn't lost yet.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #24
daves
Hall Of Famer

Season 30 (2048) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Uh, guys? I'm just checking the P407 standings for the first time today, and, well...

40 in a row? That’s sick! Wonder what the reward will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #25
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The latest batch of packs (90 of them, I think, although it gets fuzzy because I open so many) yielded 100 LIVE Yelich and 100 LIVE Rendon along with gold Boudreau and gold Mitchell Page--cards that are relatively high-PP collection fodder. Yelich hasn't hit his stride yet (.209/.305/.385), but I want to give him the full week to audition. Adding Rendon gives me a nice gold Boggs/Rendon platoon at 3B and allows me to move 100 Ripken around some more and share 1B with Chipper Jones.

).

Are the Frogs a pack only team?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #26
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:

49 in a row. I wonder what the longest has been in PT 2.0?

My Frogs haven't even gotten to 20 yet (bums!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Are the Frogs a pack only team?

Not originally. But, we've become pack(and collection)-only over time. I am one of those afflicted with MINT card syndrome and can't trust cards on the AH. There is no known cure.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #27
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
49 in a row. I wonder what the longest has been in PT 2.0?

My Frogs haven't even gotten to 20 yet (bums!)
Huntley's winning streak yesterday reached 16. That was cool! And yet, it was not even one-third of Colorado's ongoing win streak, which is up to 52 in a row...

Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #28
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
Haha! He finally had a couple bum games overnight and is at 13-2 now. Sigh.
My new fascination for the year is seeing how long Mike Lavalliere can lead the Machine in avg.

He's batting .889 against lefties right now...
Keep running through backup catchers (running with 88 Pudge as my starter) and no one's been able to be consistently non-negative WAR, until THIS man.

Go get em, champ.
So I too have at least gone to a full time use of Mike. I had been using live posey as my starter, but the drop to the low/mid 70s rendered him useless. Platooned for a bit, but didn't seem to make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 AM   #29
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Damn, LaVa looks like a hog farmer and gets on-base like one too. I don't know what that means but it sounded good.

After running some switch-hitting catchers to no avail, I'm using him as my vs LHP platoon spot in my all-lefty team. He actually hits lefties pretty good for a LHB. And of course he has elite catcher defense (if that even does anything).
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:20 AM   #30
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: A weird month for some...an undefeated month for another?

June has been a weird month for Huntley. After having its 16-game winning streak snapped in its second-to-last game in May, Huntley won its last May game and the first 6 games in June (that's good!). Huntley then took its 7-game winning streak (and 23 of 24!) to Jersey to take on the NC-best Revolutionize...and got swept (that's bad). The Red Raiders lost another game before turning things around and winning 6 in a row (that's good!). Then, in the next 7 games, all at home against under-.500 teams, Huntley promptly lost 5 of 7 (that's bad). After an off day, Huntley just faced the 3-time Perfect League champions H.B. Cube, who had won 10 in a row to pull within 4.5 games of the Red Raiders in the NC West. So, naturally, with all the momentum in the Cube's favor, Huntley won game 1 of the series.

If you can figure this season out, let me know.

Actually, it's fairly obvious what the problem's been for Huntley in June (and the whole season, really): its offense.

Arky Vaughan: career OPS: .794; 2048 OPS: .617
George Brett: career OPS: .814; 2048 OPS: .676
Mickey Mantle: career OPS: .836; 2048 OPS: .721
Hank Aaron: career OPS: .895; 2048 OPS: .660

Here's hoping for some good ol' regression to the mean in the second half...

Oh, and, Colorado still has not lost. Their winning streak is at 58 games. To put that into perspective, the Flatbush Dukes are the second-best AC team and they're having an awesome year. They've won...58 games. I have no words--this is just flabbergasting and incredible and astonishing and amazing to witness.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2019, 02:28 AM   #31
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs ended Wednesday's sims with a respectable 57-24 mark. But, going 16-11 today coupled with the Amberg Legends (62-19) going 25-3 has turned the division around in their favor. The Frogs are leading the WC race by 11 games so there isn't much cause for concern.

The Frogs compiled 4 more 1-run losses today to bring their season total to 10; that's 42% of the team's losses. We're 2nd in the conference in scoring runs (449) and also 2nd in preventing runs (282). The schedule has been a bit unbalanced so far as the Frogs have played 7 more road games than home games. There are a lot of winnable games on the schedule in July, so it'll make for either a winning streak or for gnashing of teeth over the RNG.

The roster is pretty locked in for this week and the only tinkering has been trying to get more juice out of the main DH spot. PEAK Pete Rose was the initial choice, but was hitting .261/.382/.394 so I decided to pull him despite the nice OBP. SE George Sisler was the next man into the breach and he provided a bit of a spark but was hitting just .258/.327/.364 after 34 games. We've turned to SE Goose Goslin for the time being and we'll see how he does. PEAK Shoeless Joe, Smoky Burgess, and silver Tony Gwynn are all on standby. A consistent big bat to mash righties is probably (outside of not having 100 Cy Young) this squad's main area of need right now.

Ed Walsh continues to do Ed Walsh things. He's 12-1 with a 1.07 ERA. Walsh leads the conference in ERA, QS, WAR, FIP, WHIP, IP (pretty much every stat with "IP" in it), and is tied for the lead in wins. Amberg's copy of Ed Walsh is the 1b version to my 1a version right now. Their Walsh is also 12-1, but with a terrible 1.93 ERA and on a pitiful 7.1 WAR pace. But, they are winning games in spite of that stat line.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #32
bailey
Hall Of Famer

At the half, the Magpies are on top for good, I think. Pedro Martinez is leading the conference in ERA and wins and has another streak going. To figure out what koolaid he is drinking I checked the strategy tab and at some point in the distant past had set it to quick hook. That's 2 clicks left of the midpoint. So, I did that for all my starters and lost just 2 games during the month. Meanwhile, Ozzie Smith and Cristobal Torriente flirt with .400 and Lou Boudreau leads the team in HR, leaving Cap Anson odd man out. He rides the pine to make room for another bullpen arm.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #33
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Update

Two games in July and I've already equaled the loss total for the prior month.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #34
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
June has been a weird month for Huntley. After having its 16-game winning streak snapped in its second-to-last game in May, Huntley won its last May game and the first 6 games in June (that's good!). Huntley then took its 7-game winning streak (and 23 of 24!) to Jersey to take on the NC-best Revolutionize...and got swept (that's bad). The Red Raiders lost another game before turning things around and winning 6 in a row (that's good!). Then, in the next 7 games, all at home against under-.500 teams, Huntley promptly lost 5 of 7 (that's bad). After an off day, Huntley just faced the 3-time Perfect League champions H.B. Cube, who had won 10 in a row to pull within 4.5 games of the Red Raiders in the NC West. So, naturally, with all the momentum in the Cube's favor, Huntley won game 1 of the series.

If you can figure this season out, let me know.

Actually, it's fairly obvious what the problem's been for Huntley in June (and the whole season, really): its offense.

Arky Vaughan: career OPS: .794; 2048 OPS: .617

George Brett: career OPS: .814; 2048 OPS: .676

Mickey Mantle: career OPS: .836; 2048 OPS: .721

Hank Aaron: career OPS: .895; 2048 OPS: .660

Here's hoping for some good ol' regression to the mean in the second half...

Oh, and, Colorado still has not lost. Their winning streak is at 58 games. To put that into perspective, the Flatbush Dukes are the second-best AC team and they're having an awesome year. They've won...58 games. I have no words--this is just flabbergasting and incredible and astonishing and amazing to witness.

Can you do a screen shot of the Colorado roster? If they never lose is there an award?

Old 10-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #35
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Damn, LaVa looks like a hog farmer and gets on-base like one too. I don't know what that means but it sounded good.

After running some switch-hitting catchers to no avail, I'm using him as my vs LHP platoon spot in my all-lefty team. He actually hits lefties pretty good for a LHB. And of course he has elite catcher defense (if that even does anything).
Haha!
Yeah he's still hitting .354 after 31G/117 PA. I got no complaints. I love hardworkin' bronze guys. Luis Aparicio has been my go-to defensive replacement/pinch runner since forever.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #36
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I have teams being…

57-40 (1/2 GA)
42-52 (11 1/2 GB) … at least randomly got a 1k PP achievement for an immaculate inning
38-55 (10 1/2 GB)

Weird mix.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #37
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: Hey Now, You're an All-Star Break

I'm just going to put it to you this way: if the P407 Perfect League Series is not the Colorado Lions versus the Jersey Revolutionize, something massively unexpected and quite possibly epic-poem-worthy legendary will have happened in the playoffs. Seriously, these teams are juggernauts, and the rest of us are happy to jockey for second best in our respective conferences.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Can you do a screen shot of the Colorado roster? If they never lose is there an award?
Are you sure? I mean, since I last posted, Colorado has lost 3 times, so, you know, those 26-0 records in May and June and that 87-8 overall record are nice and all, and that 67-game winning streak was fun for a while, but really, these guys couldn't even win 70 in a row! But if you still want to see their roster, I guess I can be accommodating.

Current standings, Colorado's active roster, and the box score of the game that ended it all follow...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 10-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #38
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Interesting thing I saw while looking through All-Star rosters. I found my old Pudge! I had lost patience with him after he started batting below the Mendoza Line (even platooning LHP), but as you can see he has revitalized his career and is batting well again for Overland.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 AM   #39
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: Number 9...number 9...

Huntley continued its 2048 every-other-month domination pattern with an 18-5 record to this point. Here's how the underachieving hitters have fared so far in July:

Arky Vaughan: .288/.373/.500/.873
George Brett: .301/.373/.342/.716
Mickey Mantle: .356/.440/.781/1.221
Hank Aaron: .357/.389/.500/.889

Aside from Brett's slugging percentage, that's a nice turnaround. Thanks, Plexiglass Principle!

I keep wanting to post some kind of joke about how the Colorado Lions are a bunch of bums because they finally lost their 10th game...except they still haven't. Jersey is 88-18 and must feel like Jan Brady.

Current standings...
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #40
bailey
Hall Of Famer

You don't see this very often:

Name:  sigh.PNG
Views: 145
Size:  10.1 KB
Name:  stat line.PNG
Views: 154
Size:  9.5 KB
Name:  cy1.PNG
Views: 136
Size:  9.0 KB

Not even 5 innings per start!
He was scheduled to pitch on the last day of July, but I skipped him. Even so, he gave up 4 runs in the first inning on his first August start, but the team bailed him out and he got the win.