Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #41
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
A couple responses;

1) eldur00; Take me for example. I've spent maybe $200 total and that investment got me teams that rose fairly quickly, were fun to watch, and earned a lot of APs early to keep me interested. But 21 weeks into it, I'm done because I would have to spend (at least) $500 to even see a blip in the radar. However, if I could reset and start over? I would likely spend that $200 again because the improvement I would see is likely going to be more noticeable that spending on the current teams, and it would give me another few months to enjoy the team building again.

2) I wouldn't argue about a small charge to restart, but I have to wonder; is it a bad thing if people were to reset 12 times to get a team they liked? Again, it doesn't hurt anyone, and they certainly are not going to pull a perfect level team no matter how many times they reset.

3) As far as a charge, I would think more like $10 would be reasonable - 25% of the game cost - for each reset is a charge was necessary.

Just something to think about.

I think a reset is a great idea. And if you limited a reset to once a week you would deter people from rerolling over and over. Or maybe you could limit the resets to one per team for each of the three you are allowed per license.

Like you I've dropped a few hundred on the game, but now that my teams can't compete against whales in Perfect League, I've lost interest. And I'm not willing to drop the money the whales drop to be competitive. From what I'm reading in this forum, this experience is pretty common. The developers are shutting down a revenue stream by shutting the mid level players out.

I think tournaments will get me interested again, but it's mid September already. When baseball season is over, I'm done with this game until next baseball season.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 09-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote