Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #5321
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Clyde Puts Pedal to the Metal for Early Lead in OL D399

Didn't see any OL standings for diamond, so this is as of a few minutes ago. Can't promise I'll have time to get them up in the morning along with the gold, so it may end up being one early, one late.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-01-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #5322
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

I can do diamond in the morning right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Didn't see any OL standings for diamond, so this is as of a few minutes ago. Can't promise I'll have time to get them up in the morning along with the gold, so it may end up being one early, one late.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:31 PM   #5323
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
I can do diamond in the morning right now.

Thanks, that'd be great.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #5324
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Silver league update:

Chi-town off to a near-perfect start to take the early lead.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:27 AM   #5325
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Missouri Takes Lead as Race Tightens in OL G321

The Legends were the only one of the early leaders to post positive numbers in May, going, 6-4, to move to the top. The overall race widened with Southside, 8-4, Salem, 12-7, and Terra Incognita, 6-3, each turning around poor starts to get back into the mix.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-02-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #5326
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Fargo might be known for brutally cold winters, but right now things are red hot at Kerabatsos Memorial Ballpark as Fargo is playing over .700 ball versus OL competition.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #5327
allenciox
All Star Reserve

The first OL "whale": Fargo Buscemis

Take a look at Fargo and what has happened to that team in the last two seasons. It looks like they have parleyed all the major tough collections into the first OL team that could truly qualify as a whale. They have the top players from just about every collection, for an equivalent of several million pp points. Pretty incredible for an FTP team!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #5328
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Diamond Update

Truckers getting a move on early in the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P Packs
Old 10-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #5329
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Take a look at Fargo and what has happened to that team in the last two seasons. It looks like they have parleyed all the major tough collections into the first OL team that could truly qualify as a whale. They have the top players from just about every collection, for an equivalent of several million pp points. Pretty incredible for an FTP team!
By my count, it's about 1.3m in current market prices. For comparison for other expensive teams, your Southpaws look something like 800k (though I'm sure you have at least 200k in the bank), and Mammoth Mammoths cost about 700k. The average team seems to be closer to 300-400k.

They're also hoarding for the Giants collection. I suspect this is how they completed so many collections in the first place.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 10-02-2019 at 12:48 PM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #5330
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yep, I counted after I submitted it and came close to your total --- the total value was about 1.5 million in my counting, which is pretty close to yours (with maybe another half million on reserve roster). I think if you know what you are doing, you can definitely outmaneuver the market.

So when I calculate "current value" for the active roster for my Southpaw team, I get slightly over 600k current value; and totaling up the costs that I paid for each of the cards comes to 450k ( for collection rewards I counted cost of completing collection) .

As far as PPs on hand, I only have about 95k, although I do have Smoltz(100) on AH for around 200k, if anybody wants to pick him up ;-)

You can definitely speculate in the market and work beneficial collections to improve your lot. I have gotten significantly more total PP value (collections, market speculation, achievements) with Southpaws as I have with both of my other teams put together. But I put in most of my free time on that team.

To the owner of Fargo, I say, well done!

Last edited by allenciox; 10-02-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #5331
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
They're also hoarding for the Giants collection. I suspect this is how they completed so many collections in the first place.
This is correct. I'm a Bay Area sports fan, and I've been going after Giants and A's basically since I broke out of Silver. I'm so happy the A's missions ended up being the best ones! That's 3/5 of my rotation right there.

I finally ponied up the 70k needed for Dusty Baker/John Smoltz as well!

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #5332
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Weston Pointe Caspers to change team identity

The very first week that OOTP 20 came out, I bought the game and started three PL teams. I was kind of a newby to OOTP, but I played another baseball game that showed importance of ballpark setup, so I decided I would make one team a lefty team, the second team a power team, and the third team a contact team. For the first and third team, I set them up early on to be OL teams, for the power team I realized that LIVE players were going to be important for power, and it was nice to have one team that I didn't have to worry about which players I used on it ;-)

As it turns out, I haven't changed the ballpark personas of any of the three teams from that first week. I did learn that ootp favors contact rather dramatically over power, so at first my contact team was easily my best team. Over time, I learned that even in my power team I needed to prioritize contact to a certain extent --- and that really, my power team led to low-scoring games.

I believe, partially because of the number of lefty teams in OL Perfect, it is time to change the makeup of the Caspers. I notice that most of my players are right-handers anyway, so starting next season, the Caspers will change their park factors to have a righty focus. I still want to focus somewhat on power for the team, so I will keep doubles/triples at .5.

I know this may sound strange for those of you that often reinvent your teams, but this is a bittersweet moment for me... I feel a sadness at saying goodbye to the old Caspers, but also I look forward to seeing what the new Caspers can do.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 AM   #5333
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Legends Show 'Em: Hold Onto Lead in OL G321

Missouri took five of six to retain the top spot, while Everett figured out how to take advantage of this short schedule thing, setting a blistering 10-1 pace to vault into second. Third place Redmond also had a stellar sim, going 9-5, to set up what seems to be a three-horse race. Given PT's penchant for wild swings of fortune, however, and the plethora of teams around the .500 mark, stay tuned if your favorite isn't quite there yet.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-03-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #5334
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Diamond

Port Ruppert slides into the top spot with consistency, albeit a somewhat limited schedule compared to the rest of the field.
Attached Images

F2P Packs
Old 10-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #5335
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

O'Fallon gets some pack luck and brings in a new closer:
Attached Images
Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #5336
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

After a long time, I finally decided to go after some of the high value collections: White Sox and Braves on the Condors and the Cottons, respectively. It took about a month (I'm not as active you people in checking the daily auctions during the week), but I got White Sox and I'm just that Baker/Aaron away from Braves. Also only that Greinke or Holland away from the Royals on the Cottons, but that's been that way for a while now. Ed Walsh will be having a couple brief appearances for the Condors before being sold off for improvements.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:08 AM   #5337
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Missouri Maintains Lead, but Race Widens a Bit in OL G321

The Legends continue to show the way, followed closely by Redmond, while Everett slid a little into third. None of the leaders played particularly well, compressing the standings a bit, and giving a little more hope to the chasers, knowing a hot run could change things down the stretch. Mudville, Philadelphia, and Southside each went 6-3, to stir a measure of optimism for their rooters.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-04-2019, 07:37 AM   #5338
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Fargo, Battery Point and Southern put some space between themselves and the rest of the field as we head into August.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #5339
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Silver league update:

Reno makes the most of their limited OL schedule to sit atop the standings with an impressive .750 winning percentage.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #5340
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Diamond - Atom Smashers keep on smashin

Annandale Atom Smashers do some small smashing to get to the top, going 6-0 in OL competition during July. Annandale has been boosted by a 12-1 record vs Shasta this season.
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P Packs