Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #5061
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I added joehart to Annandale's friend list this morning, hopefully before the leagues got reformed. We shall see very shortly.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:49 AM   #5062
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Perfect 420 Setup. Everyone made it in. 13 of the 20 OL teams are in the NC though. :/
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #5063
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Friends list has been updated for placement. There are still issues in gold placement.

Perfect: Everyone made it
Diamond: Chippewa and Washington Base Stealers missed
Gold: Sad Hill, Steelport, Las Vegas, Northborough missed
Silver: Bluffton (again)
Bronze: Seattle (again)

At this point I'm thinking Bluffton and Seattle Railsplitters are both no longer participating since they haven't been in an OL league in 4 to 5 weeks.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #5064
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D377 Setup

Finally got into D377. Very good spacing of the 16 OL teams, 2 or 3 in each division.
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #5065
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Division breakdown in P420

For the most part, the good teams are spread out this year in perfect. In both the AL and NL, however, there is one division that is clearly "up-for-grabs".

In the AC, that is the East. None of the five teams there have consistently been playoff teams. The AC Central looks to be a two-horse race, between Fargo Buscemis and the Aina Haina Parakeets.

The AC West pairs the teams with the best record from both the AL and the NL in last year's league to the same division (and they both happen to be my teams): Southern Southpaws and Weston Pointe Caspers. Weston Pointe is good, but the Southpaws have been a dominant team now for all of their eleven seasons in Perfect league, so I will have to go with them as a favorite.

If there is a dominant division this year, it would be the NC East, where the Vikings, Quantum Condors, and Cottons, all perennial playoff teams, look to be battling it out.

The NC Central looks to be a battle between the Senators and the Lagers, while the NC West is a pure tossup; none of these teams have a strong playoff history. I actually feel pretty good about the chances here for my Energizer Bunnies --- in each of the past three years, they have been in the playoff hunt until the last few days of the season. With favorable placement, they might make it this year. Last season, they were rated as > 90% favorites to make the playoffs half-way through September, only to take a nose-dive at the very end, losing eight of their last ten games.

Last edited by allenciox; 09-16-2019 at 09:25 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #5066
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
For the most part, the good teams are spread out this year in perfect. In both the AL and NL, however, there is one division that is clearly "up-for-grabs".

In the AC, that is the East. None of the five teams there have consistently been playoff teams. The AC Central looks to be a two-horse race, between Fargo Buscemis and the Aina Haina Parakeets.

The AC West pairs the teams with the best record from both the AL and the NL in last year's league to the same division (and they both happen to be my teams): Southern Southpaws and Weston Pointe Caspers. Weston Pointe is good, but the Southpaws have been a dominant team now for all of their eleven seasons in Perfect league, so I will have to go with them as a favorite.

If there is a dominant division this year, it would be the NC East, where the Vikings, Quantum Condors, and Cottons, all perennial playoff teams, look to be battling it out.

The NC Central looks to be a battle between the Senators and the Lagers, while the NC West is a pure tossup; none of these teams have a strong playoff history. I actually feel pretty good about the chances here for my Energizer Bunnies --- in each of the past three years, they have been in the playoff hunt until the last few days of the season. With favorable placement, they might make it this year. Last season, they were rated as > 90% favorites to make the playoffs half-way through September, only to take a nose-dive at the very end, losing eight of their last ten games.

The odd thing is, I made it back to Perfect and then completely changed my team setup and strategy and park factors from the last few diamond seasons. Complete unknown for my Defenders team in the NC West. So, we will either see my team in a blaze of glory and the manager hailed as a genius, or the team will go down in a blaze of hot flames and the manager will be questioned thoroughly. Either way, makes for an interesting week.

Goodluck to everyone.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #5067
Charlatan
All Star Starter

allencoix, I am not offended that you didn't mention Motown as a playoff contender! They seem to have trouble adjusting to Perfect - they hit like gangbusters in Diamond, but when they get to Perfect, it's as though batting is a foreign concept. Yeah, I understand the competition is tougher, but I can't help but feel like they're somehow affected more than they should be. I haven't gotten the final numbers, but heading into the last day, half my starters had negative WAR values for the season... including guys like the 77 Gwynn, who went from 3.2 in Diamond to -0.1 in Perfect.... stuff like that drives me crazy.

I understand my pitching isn't great but I thought batting would be the strong point of the team - when the pitching is leading the way for me, it spells trouble.

At any rate... I predict Topeka will do well in the division. They have a very solid team on offense and defense and though their pitching staff isn't in front of me right now, I recall they're pretty good. It will be interesting to see if the strategy/ballpark changes will have an effect.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #5068
Magus978
All Star Starter

No idea how this keeps happening to my teams. I put everyone on my list, I assume they do so as well. Has to be RNGjesus just f***ing with me in perpetuity.

That said, I hold zero expectations for the Patriots this week. 100+ losses may be possible. Kneecappers & Capitals should be amongst the relegation muck again this week as well.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #5069
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

New Collections Breakdown

New Collections released. I'm on the west coast and this is the first time I've gotten to see collections released right at the 0th minute. I made like 5k on some golds, could have probably made more, but lesson learned!

Anyway, collections overviews (estimations come from either AH listings or historical results for prices at that position):

PADRES:
Set reward: 100 RP Trevor Hoffman (Estimated value: 80k)
Numbers of Golds/high value silvers needed to finish: 8
Number of diamonds needed: 2
Other notable rewards: Diamond pack, Diamond SE 3B Chase Headley
Notes: A lot of the cost of the set comes from the three Tony Gwynns and the Rollie Fingers. If you have at least one Gwynn and a Rollie, you get a nice discount here.

ATHLETICS:
Set Reward: 100 SP Rube Waddell (Estimated Value: 400k)
Number of golds/high value silvers needed: 15
Number of diamonds: 6
Other notable rewards: SE Vida Blue (from existing Charlie O's collection, going for 200k alone), Diamond pack, 97 SP Charles Bender
Notes: This has shades of the White Sox collection, with the vast, vast majority of the value of the set coming from the topper and the reward for one of its high-cost sets. Interesting that they tied in an existing set to this new collection. Probably not accessible to us unless you already have Vida Blue knocked out, which was a pretty expensive set to complete in the first place. This is going to become the White Sox Appling set on steroids, for any of you who have tried that.

CUBS:
Set Reward: 93 SP Jack Taylor, 97 SS Ernie Banks (Estimated value: 50k)
Number of golds/high silvers: 12 (incl. Sutter, Dizzy Dean)
Number of diamonds: 4
Other notable rewards: A few low-value diamonds: Sosa, Ryndberg, Santo, each worth ~10-15k, all of which are basically not competitive
Notes: This kind of reminds me of the Pirates. There are a lot of diamonds you get back, but the return is super underwhelming. Stay away unless you're cubs themed. One interesting note though, Ernie Banks has 117 SS defense, the highest we've seen I think. Both of the set topper players might turn out being nice pickups for OL.

INDIANS:
Set Reward: 100 Lou Boudreau (Estimated Value: 300k+??)
Number of golds/high silvers: 20 (Including 88 Boudreau, Lindor, Piersall)
Number of diamonds: 9
Other notable rewards: SP Steve Gromek, SP Bob Lemon (two decent but not spectacular righty SPs), RF Rocky Colavito (a slightly worse righty version of 98 Yaz), 1B Jim Thome (forgettable), 3 Gold packs
Notes: And I thought the Red Sox set was a monster, my goodness. A NINE set mission for the OL lord and savior at SS, Lou Boudreau. I have no idea how to value him, but 100 Cal RIpken Jr goes for 200k, hits about just as well (a little better actually), but has 18 less defense at SS. Attached Boudreau ratings here.

OVERALL: What a disappointment for Cubs fans. The Athletics set is interesting, but the fact that it's locked behind the already-expensive-and-bound-to-get-more-expensive Charlie O's collection means that it's basically inaccessible for F2P players. Unless you're REALLY patient and have a huge bankroll, in which case it's an enormous slam dunk a la the Braves or White Sox. Boudreau is inaccessible to F2P most likely and there are better options if you want to do a huge set like this. But if you've already done White Sox, Braves, etc., it's another option. Plus some of the other set rewards are pretty nice. Lastly, the Padres looks interesting. Hoffman is an animal, among the best closers in the game now, but paying for all three Tony Gwynns + Rollie (or even two or three of those) on top of diamonds and other golds ends up being quite expensive.

Pack EV is higher now, so if you want to rip packs I'd encourage it (please... I just need Buxton to finish Twins...). I wonder if eventually the high diamond market will crash. I think something has to give with these regular price increases for golds/diamonds hitting the market. Eventually when virtually every card is in a collection, these prices are going to be unsustainable.
Attached Images

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #5070
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

This is the first time I've managed to have a chance to sell decent gold/diamonds on a release.

Made the decision to list my starting 3B, 94 J. Ramirez, at a ridiculous price to see if he would sell. Made a 37k profit on him. Along with another 19k from 89 W Ferrell, who I wasn't using.

Get those cards up if you can, folks will somehow buy them.

Off to find a new 3B.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #5071
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
The odd thing is, I made it back to Perfect and then completely changed my team setup and strategy and park factors from the last few diamond seasons. Complete unknown for my Defenders team in the NC West. So, we will either see my team in a blaze of glory and the manager hailed as a genius, or the team will go down in a blaze of hot flames and the manager will be questioned thoroughly. Either way, makes for an interesting week.

Goodluck to everyone.
I think you'll find that the lefty approach has been pretty refined up here in Perfect by, among others, the Condors, the Southpaws, and the Parakeets. That halfway approach might be interesting, we'll have to see how effective it is.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #5072
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
This is the first time I've managed to have a chance to sell decent gold/diamonds on a release.

Made the decision to list my starting 3B, 94 J. Ramirez, at a ridiculous price to see if he would sell. Made a 37k profit on him. Along with another 19k from 89 W Ferrell, who I wasn't using.

Get those cards up if you can, folks will somehow buy them.

Off to find a new 3B.
How much did you get for Ramirez? Any other players you guys have been getting a ton for?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #5073
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
New Collections released. I'm on the west coast and this is the first time I've gotten to see collections released right at the 0th minute. I made like 5k on some golds, could have probably made more, but lesson learned!

Anyway, collections overviews (estimations come from either AH listings or historical results for prices at that position):

PADRES:
Set reward: 100 RP Trevor Hoffman (Estimated value: 80k)
Numbers of Golds/high value silvers needed to finish: 8
Number of diamonds needed: 2
Other notable rewards: Diamond pack, Diamond SE 3B Chase Headley
Notes: A lot of the cost of the set comes from the three Tony Gwynns and the Rollie Fingers. If you have at least one Gwynn and a Rollie, you get a nice discount here.

ATHLETICS:
Set Reward: 100 SP Rube Waddell (Estimated Value: 400k)
Number of golds/high value silvers needed: 15
Number of diamonds: 6
Other notable rewards: SE Vida Blue (from existing Charlie O's collection, going for 200k alone), Diamond pack, 97 SP Charles Bender
Notes: This has shades of the White Sox collection, with the vast, vast majority of the value of the set coming from the topper and the reward for one of its high-cost sets. Interesting that they tied in an existing set to this new collection. Probably not accessible to us unless you already have Vida Blue knocked out, which was a pretty expensive set to complete in the first place. This is going to become the White Sox Appling set on steroids, for any of you who have tried that.

CUBS:
Set Reward: 93 SP Jack Taylor, 97 SS Ernie Banks (Estimated value: 50k)
Number of golds/high silvers: 12 (incl. Sutter, Dizzy Dean)
Number of diamonds: 4
Other notable rewards: A few low-value diamonds: Sosa, Ryndberg, Santo, each worth ~10-15k, all of which are basically not competitive
Notes: This kind of reminds me of the Pirates. There are a lot of diamonds you get back, but the return is super underwhelming. Stay away unless you're cubs themed. One interesting note though, Ernie Banks has 117 SS defense, the highest we've seen I think. Both of the set topper players might turn out being nice pickups for OL.

INDIANS:
Set Reward: 100 Lou Boudreau (Estimated Value: 300k+??)
Number of golds/high silvers: 20 (Including 88 Boudreau, Lindor, Piersall)
Number of diamonds: 9
Other notable rewards: SP Steve Gromek, SP Bob Lemon (two decent but not spectacular righty SPs), RF Rocky Colavito (a slightly worse righty version of 98 Yaz), 1B Jim Thome (forgettable), 3 Gold packs
Notes: And I thought the Red Sox set was a monster, my goodness. A NINE set mission for the OL lord and savior at SS, Lou Boudreau. I have no idea how to value him, but 100 Cal RIpken Jr goes for 200k, hits about just as well (a little better actually), but has 18 less defense at SS. Attached Boudreau ratings here.

OVERALL: What a disappointment for Cubs fans. The Athletics set is interesting, but the fact that it's locked behind the already-expensive-and-bound-to-get-more-expensive Charlie O's collection means that it's basically inaccessible for F2P players. Unless you're REALLY patient and have a huge bankroll, in which case it's an enormous slam dunk a la the Braves or White Sox. Boudreau is inaccessible to F2P most likely and there are better options if you want to do a huge set like this. But if you've already done White Sox, Braves, etc., it's another option. Plus some of the other set rewards are pretty nice. Lastly, the Padres looks interesting. Hoffman is an animal, among the best closers in the game now, but paying for all three Tony Gwynns + Rollie (or even two or three of those) on top of diamonds and other golds ends up being quite expensive.

Pack EV is higher now, so if you want to rip packs I'd encourage it (please... I just need Buxton to finish Twins...). I wonder if eventually the high diamond market will crash. I think something has to give with these regular price increases for golds/diamonds hitting the market. Eventually when virtually every card is in a collection, these prices are going to be unsustainable.
There is a Buxton on the AH now. Less then 30 minutes left.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #5074
Magus978
All Star Starter

When Steelport eventually makes their way back to OL play, they will have a new gun. Pulled from a 77-pack gamble after cashing in on peak Blyleven (from the Indians collections).

Cy's debut? CG 2-hitter in a 19-0 thumping of some poor non-OL team.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #5075
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Looking at the new missions, the place ftpers are hit hard would be reliever. Eck, Sutter,and Fingers are part of collections. I didn't notice too many other ftp cards among the missions besides those.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #5076
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Amarillo Gold Sox have been re-branded. They are now the Reno Silver Sox. Makes sense, as we've been f*@%ing stuck in silver for five seasons now and have never gotten a whiff of gold...

We have also put Herb Score on the block to try and take advantage of Collections Mania...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 09-16-2019 at 01:43 PM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #5077
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How much did you get for Ramirez? Any other players you guys have been getting a ton for?
53K BIN. Probably could have got a little more, but mine was the only one up when I picked the prices.

Two are up now at 70k BIN and 80 BIN.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #5078
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Thanks for the great analysis as always, QuantaCondor.

I listed everything I could this morning and have probably already made my money back and more on the speculating I did last week. The Vikings always seem to be my most fortunate team, as they had a whole slew of Athletics that I got last week that should sell like hotcakes.

It's interesting how OOTP does the missions, and how some are obviously better than others. They should know top pitchers will always command the highest interest. I agree the Cubs collection isn't too strong, and neither was the Red Sox one previously.

You would have to believe that they go all out for the Yankees one though, right? I assume that'll hit in October (Mr. October and all). It would be funny if the Yankees collection was a dud.

And just to disgust you all on Monday morning, my boss is a Yankees/Dodgers fan. And I also saw him wearing a Red Sox t-shirt once too.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #5079
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I feel like I never have the PP to speculate - I'm always busy buying and selling cards to improve my team, and it feels like there's never any extra. So you guys who speculated on upcoming missions have a thumbs up from me.

My Motown team has completed the Charlie O's mission so maybe (once that Walsh card sells!!!) I could go on for the other Oakland sets. Have to see if it's worth it. I don't want to spend the rest of my OOTP 20 career chasing collections and never using PP on upgrading my team.

Also, I never seem to make bank on the gold frenzy ... by the time I get home and check it out, the appetite usually has calmed down.

Being home right when the collections are released - being able to take advantage of the feeding frenzy - you unemployed guys have all the luck!
Old 09-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #5080
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
There is a Buxton on the AH now. Less then 30 minutes left.
Twins/Senators collection, I should clarify. He seems to be a bottleneck for a few people at the moment.