Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 AM   #3181
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Thank you.
I will have to take a look at the league tomorrow. The kids took over the Explorers a while back and just added a third championship. They go back and forth so now the other kiddo takes over management this week trying to do better than his brother.

I joined Kushiel in EL and will be adding my second OL team by next Monday.
I plan to work towards my old theme in PT19. Defense with Speed & Base stealing. Go Base Stealers!!!!
Right on. Earn that full week of PP. makes a huge difference,

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:31 AM   #3182
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Right on. Earn that full week of PP. makes a huge difference,

And to my surprise the number of teams joining in the morning is quite high.
By the time I joined (10AM), I was already in the next EL.
Unless you are lucky with card packs, having a week is a great advantage. The teams that had an entire week already moved past the ones with just one day of EL.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:46 AM   #3183
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL S300 - First Look

Victoria appears to to be sailing through like a conquering horde on their way to gold. The Onyx and Vikings don't meet this year, so the race may hinge on who is the Bully of the Town (mega props to anyone who gets that song reference).
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #3184
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

just a handful of games so far (not that there are a lot of games overall this season).... Green Lake beat the Pilots.... Waffletown swept a 2 game set with Roncalli; and then handed the broom to Transylvania who swept a 3 game set with the Syrups.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #3185
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G300 Update

Slow open to OL season sees Harlem in the lead

Code:
Our League Standings - G300 - May 3, 2033			
			W	L	Pct
Harlem Hatchets		5	1	.833
Cooper Gutter Cats	1	2	.333
Annandale Atom Smashers	0	0	.000
Cincinnati Redlegs	0	0	.000
Motown Stars		0	0	.000
Shasta Black Bears	0	3	.000

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:55 AM   #3186
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
And to my surprise the number of teams joining in the morning is quite high.
By the time I joined (10AM), I was already in the next EL.
Unless you are lucky with card packs, having a week is a great advantage. The teams that had an entire week already moved past the ones with just one day of EL.
I was thinking about it and there is nothing I can do about it now but my Everett team which is the first one that had a full week of EL and didn't end up in OL setup this week. I max'd out the ballpark to favor offense just to generate PP this week. I'm sort of regretting doing that, while I'm not tanking I'm also not really playing the game. I'm just looking for cards to flip for profit while generating points with offense during the game.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #3187
Kushiel
All Star Starter

All offense out of the gates is not tanking. Look at the Rangers for the past 50+ years.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #3188
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Sign you have too many teams: I was looking for a 1B upgrade this morning, and had just enough points for a Vlad Jr. to train up. Only after buying did I remember this was for an OL team.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #3189
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I was thinking about it and there is nothing I can do about it now but my Everett team which is the first one that had a full week of EL and didn't end up in OL setup this week. I max'd out the ballpark to favor offense just to generate PP this week. I'm sort of regretting doing that, while I'm not tanking I'm also not really playing the game. I'm just looking for cards to flip for profit while generating points with offense during the game.

You are still playing the game, just different part of the game. And that different part of the game can help you later on when you want to play the main part of the game.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #3190
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

So...of course....I have to leave town for a family emergency and...Arkham wins the World Series. It seems VERY fitting...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #3191
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I hope you are not sacrificing anything to the Dark God.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:37 AM   #3192
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
So...of course....I have to leave town for a family emergency and...Arkham wins the World Series. It seems VERY fitting...
sounds about right... the only WS the Syrups have won was when I was on vacation and couldn't log in to watch/do anything hands-off management seems to work
Old 07-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #3193
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Sign you have too many teams: I was looking for a 1B upgrade this morning, and had just enough points for a Vlad Jr. to train up. Only after buying did I remember this was for an OL team.
How about when you buy a player you already have? Ha.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #3194
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How about when you buy a player you already have? Ha.

I can one up that I think. Buying a player you not only have, but have listed to sell on the AH lol

I have done this thrice this week alone. Strangely enough 2 of 3 cards played better than their counterparts I was trying to sell
Old 07-02-2019, 06:27 PM   #3195
joehart
All Star Starter

here are our new teams added to the EL on Monday:

1. Woodinville Talent Thieves (manager: crickey13). Inspired by the movie Space Jam. Better keep your good players away from this team. Your players may lose some of their talent after facing them.
But just like the MonSTARS in the movie, they can also get their noses bloody by other great teams and managers. It is up to you to determine the outcome.

2. Base Stealers (manager: joehart).
This is going back to my very first team in PT19. The team will try to stick to its solid defense and try to cause some damage on the base path.

The logo is inspired by a recent trip to "The Rock" in San Francisco and the movie with Sean Connery.
I hope the team will be able to steal away all week or are you handing them a ticket back to the lonely island in California?

Logos created by the boys during their free time....
Attached Images
Image Image 

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #3196
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Is this league still open to join or is it full? If it's open, please add my FTP team, the Washington Senators - OL to your friends list, it's in gold for now; username is BlackSwan. I'm a little busy at work for another few weeks, but should have enough time to keep up with this FTP team.

Is there a current updated list of guys/teams that I can add to my friends list?

EDIT: Found updated roster in initial post of this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by pappyzan; 07-02-2019 at 10:28 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #3197
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Is this league still open to join or is it full? If it's open, please add my FTP team, the Washingtooon Senatooors (FTP) to your friends list, it's in gold for now; username is BlackSwan. I'm a little busy at work for another few weeks, but should have enough time to keep up with this FTP team.

Is there a current updated list of guys/teams that I can add to my friends list?
just add the others in Gold on your friend's list (good idea to add the teams in Silver/Diamond as well to cover promotions/relegations ahead of time).... and be sure to set your preferred league setting placement to "use friend's list" (submit the team after you change it, log out, back in and make sure it stuck)

Our League friend's list

and a general reminder to everyone... if you haven't yet, take a moment to double check the list with your own friend's list and make sure we all have everyone covered.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #3198
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Is it safe to assume that this week's all-star content is off-limits for OL purposes?
Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #3199
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Is it safe to assume that this week's all-star content is off-limits for OL purposes?
I'd say yes as they are just special versions of the live cards..... now in v21, if the 2019 all-star special editions are still in the mix, then they'd technically be historical and could be used; but not in v20
Old 07-03-2019, 05:41 AM   #3200
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Victoria Still Leads OL S330

The Vikings remain atop the standings, but Janesville and the surging Patriots, 9-3 yesterday, have closed the gap.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote