Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #3121
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
P404 also going to a game 163.

This one features my other son and was a crazy race to even force a game 163. He was 4 games behind the OL City Cigar Lagers team and needed 4 wins to get to a tie and force a 5th consecutive game against the Lagers.

Update: Game 163 was won by the Renton Warriors team. Playoff picture below. Apologies to the Lagers....such a great name and image and terrible to see them lose 5 games in a row.
That was your son? Jeez. Tell him nice job!

I'll get him next time!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #3122
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That was painful. I'm glad I was out last night and not following the end of the season in real time like I usually do. What an epic collapse!
Are the Atlanta Phoenix coming up to PL?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #3123
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond playoff update:

Waffletown wins their wild-card game while Transylvania loses in theirs.

in the LDS, Palolo and Southern both sweep their way into the LCS (and promotion to Perfect league). Green Lake is tied 1-1 in their LDS series, and could make it three OL teams moving up to Perfect league if they can win 2 more games.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #3124
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Congrats on the OL title Waffletown. Good luck to everyone still alive!

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #3125
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That was your son? Jeez. Tell him nice job!

I'll get him next time!
Good to hear....can't let them get away with too many wins.
I don't believe I have ever seen such a "must-win" situation against the same team so late in the season. 4 games left in the season and all games against your team.
You must have upset the OOTP gods?

Go figure both of the kids failed in the wild card for an early Sunday exit.

I guess this is how they also take me away from the playoffs....time for family fun and OOTP cruise-control playoffs.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #3126
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Should be an interesting matchup between the Puppies and the Southpaws

In this case, it is the classic matchup of a powerhouse defense versus a powerhouse offense. The Puppies have good pitching, yes, led by their Ace Cisco Carlos, but what really sets them apart is the elite fielding they bring to bear. They led both leagues this year in runs against (by a whopping 58 runs!), defensive efficiency, and starter ERA. With Francisco LIndor at Short (DEF=103) and Aparicio at Second (DEF=128) there aren't many balls that make their way through that infield, and if a runner does get on base, they will likely be doubled up. In the outfield, Maddox in center (def=103), Mookie Betts in right (def=103), and Bonds in left (def=96) guarantees that line drives from the opposition aren't going to fare any better than ground balls. Their defense combined for a whopping +55.4 ZR rating this season.

On the other side of the, err, plate.... we have the Southpaws. As their name might suggest, you don't need to worry about platooning against them, just send up a lineup of all righties. Keep in mind, though, when you are playing in their park, it is definitely set up to favor left-handed hitters, some of the best of which play for this Southpaw team. The top two batting averages in both league belongs to the Southpaws (1B Carew .352, CF Ashburn .344), and the third highest BA in the NC did as well (LF Erstad .321). The team led the NC in BA (.298), OBA (.355), and runs scored (864). But their defense, while not quite the caliber of Palolo, was no slouch either, being second in the league (behind Palolo) in era and runs allowed. They were first in the league in both hitting WAR and pitching WAR. And, just before the last game of the season, they acquired free agent Arky Vaughan (97), who will be playing 3B. The team's owner explained that never before had this team spent so much on a single player, with the cost at almost 50k. We hope he will be worth the investment in future seasons. However, we aren't quite sure what to do with him in the playoffs, as he has always been a SS and never been trained at 3B. I guess we will figure it out as we go along.

Last edited by allenciox; 06-30-2019 at 01:54 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #3127
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Should be an interesting matchup between the Puppies and the Southpaws

In this case, it is the classic matchup of a powerhouse defense versus a powerhouse offense. The Puppies have good pitching, yes, led by their Ace Cisco Carlos, but what really sets them apart is the elite fielding they bring to bear. They led both leagues this year in runs against (by a whopping 58 runs!), defensive efficiency, and starter ERA. With Francisco LIndor at Short (DEF=103) and Aparicio at Second (DEF=128) there aren't many balls that make their way through that infield, and if a runner does get on base, they will likely be doubled up. In the outfield, Maddox in center (def=103), Mookie Betts in right (def=103), and Bonds in left (def=96) guarantees that line drives from the opposition aren't going to fare any better than ground balls. Their defense combined for a whopping +55.4 ZR rating this season.

On the other side of the, err, plate.... we have the Southpaws. As their name might suggest, you don't need to worry about platooning against them, just send up a lineup of all righties. Keep in mind, though, when you are playing in their park, it is definitely set up to favor left-handed hitters, some of the best of which play for this Southpaw team. The top two batting averages in both league belongs to the Southpaws (1B Carew .352, CF Ashburn .344), and the third highest BA in the NC did as well (LF Erstad .321). The team led the NC in BA (.298), OBA (.355), and runs scored (864). But their defense, while not quite the caliber of Palolo, was no slouch either, being second in the league (behind Palolo) in era and runs allowed. They were first in the league in both hitting WAR and pitching WAR. And, just before the last game of the season, they acquired free agent Arky Vaughan (97), who will be playing 3B. The team's owner explained that never before had this team spent so much on a single player, with the cost at almost 50k. We hope he will be worth the investment in future seasons. However, we aren't quite sure what to do with him in the playoffs, as he has always been a SS and never been trained at 3B. I guess we will figure it out as we go along.
Omg. The Southpaws are your team. Excellent write up! Sounds like we are the decided underdogs. Pun unintended. The Puppies offense is based on power and hasn't produced. Thought about retooling their lineup, but they somehow kept winning. Will be out all day, so hope the updates keep coming. Good luck.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #3128
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond playoff update:

Green Lake goes down in the LDS, so only two teams will be moving up to Perfect next season.

Good luck Palolo and Southern.
Attached Images
Old 06-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #3129
Edster007
All Star Starter

The Redmond Crusaders went through my San Pedro team like a hot knife through butter. Took me out in 3 straight including 2 shutouts.

I decided to go to the auction house with 13.5K PP and look to reinforce the bullpen. When I found nothing due to price I lost my patience and spent short of 11K on a 1967 Clemente. He does give me a little extra flexibility but I didn't address my middle relief weak spot. I guess I watch the week unfold and see what happens
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #3130
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

my directionless pack-only team failed to get out of the wild card game this season in Bronze, so I've pushed all their live cards to the reserve roster and replaced them with historicals to make the team OL compliant for next season.... gonna be rough as the entire pitching staff (minus one starter) was a live card of gold or higher (including the perfect Scherzer), so I'm not expecting much from them until they get some lucky pulls.... hoping that Scherzer sells so I get a nice chunk of funds to blow on packs

new team to add:

manager: stl_jason
team: O'Fallon Owls
Old 06-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #3131
Magus978
All Star Starter

Mets escape Iron by winning division series in 5, currently behind Arkham 1-0. We are guaranteed an OL champion with 4 of us remaining.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:11 PM   #3132
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Double dose of disappointment here. The Freeloaders took a 2-1 series lead on a whale in Perfect but couldn't close it out. The Rush, despite a regular-season best (by 10 games) 107 wins, were swept by Argonaut's Victoria Vikings in Bronze.

Another season in Bronze isn't the worst thing, as my team is not set up to earn PP quickly, and now I'll be able to have a season with a ballpark that fits the team better.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #3133
cacomixl8
Bat Boy

i207 starting out fun in the conferences. I fear the Crusaders, they weren't nice to the Towers during the regular season.

cacomixl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #3134
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacomixl8 View Post
i207 starting out fun in the conferences. I fear the Crusaders, they weren't nice to the Towers during the regular season.

all OL LCS.... very nice!

updated the online sheet with promotions for iron-to-bronze and diamond-to-perfect.... anyone have the final OL results for Silver?
Old 06-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #3135
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacomixl8 View Post

Looks like payback time. You are up 2-0 and the kids and their buddy are having a hard time keeping up.

The team will be good next season after their recent Magglio Ordonez acquisition. They are already excited to get him trained in LF and use him there as their new contact hitter.

I am all supporting you to get that win so I don’t have to hear all night how they still have 3 teams going strong in the playoffs.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #3136
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Dang it Kushiel.. How did the Extreme get in this league with us? Ha.. men playing boys. I am going to get swept.
You never know! My pitching failed me Congrats on once again proving that anything can happen in a short series. I am not hurt when I lose to OL teams and other friends.

Would you rather play against more of the whales that you are about to play who slip in over my mini whale?
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #3137
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

P404: Playoffs almost going well

Two games ago, the ALCS and NLCS were 2-0 and 2-1, in favor of OL teams (the Cottons and the Fighting Chickens). Now, the scores are 2-2 and 2-3 in favor of the bad guys. Let's see if either team can pull out a series victory on away turf.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #3138
Edster007
All Star Starter

My P2P team has been eliminated and I am tearing it down to build the theme I originally planned for it (which is to replicate the team I had in an APBA computer league several years ago) I am putting 3 players up for Auction in this next few minutes with a fair buy now price if anyone is interested.

Historical All-Star Jeff Kent 7,500
Cecil Travis 3,500
Buddy Bell 8,000
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #3139
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
My P2P team has been eliminated and I am tearing it down to build the theme I originally planned for it (which is to replicate the team I had in an APBA computer league several years ago) I am putting 3 players up for Auction in this next few minutes with a fair buy now price if anyone is interested.

Historical All-Star Jeff Kent 7,500
Cecil Travis 3,500
Buddy Bell 8,000
I picked up Cecil Travis for my lefty Quantum Condors (I am a huge Twins fan and want to complete the Twins/Senators collection on at least one team even if it's a loss of PP, so this is a big help). I also took Buddy Bell for the Gauchos, since I am in desperate need of a good righty 3B after converting my team to OL a few days ago. Thanks!

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:03 PM   #3140
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league playoff update:

Southern advances to the World Series with a 4 games to 2 victory over Palolo; and will face St Kitts in the finals.

Go Southpaws! Bring home a winner
Attached Images