Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #1
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Very longtime league has openings

- League name: The Antiquity League
- League URL: The Antiquity League - Home
- League type: Historical (currently Off-season 1999-2000)
- Number of teams: 28
- OOTP version: OOTP19
- Ratings: 1-20
- Sim Speed: M-TH, 7-8 says per sim, approx. One Sim Month per Real Week.
- Special Rules: Uses financial, coaching, modified medical, three minor league levels, MLEs for all players that ever played in the majors (and some that didn't) and several Japanese players, talent change randomness very, very minimal, NO scouting

My league, the Antiquity League, is a twenty-eight team league that has been together since 1927 (Sixteen years and counting!). We have an extremely solid core of owners drawn from a variety of professions and acquaintances. Until our recent expansion, we had to replace only one owner in the previous sixteen seasons and that was due to his death. We are NOT a fly-by-night group of 19-year olds, but instead we are mostly older professionals. We have owners in their late-20s, many owners in their 30s and 40s and three or so that are in their 50s and 60s. Our league forum is on Facebook but I also send out hand-made group emails after each sim.

The Antiquity League draws from the 30 major league teams in addition to many players that were career minor leaguers (using MLEs for minor leaguers), plus we add about 6 Japanese League players per season. From 1927 to 1957 we were a a DMB league, but we switched to OOTP for the 1958 season. We sim approximately thirty sim days per real-time week and complete approximately four seasons in a calendar year. The league uses three levels of minor leagues, coaches and financials, but not scouting (and only a modified doctors system). The league webpage can be found at The Antiquity League - Home.

Due to a missing owner, a retirement and an unclaimed expansion team, we currently need FOUR owners. The available franchises are:

Chicago Orphans - On the way back now (86-76 in 1999) after averaging 100+ losses from 1995-1998. Best players are Bobby Abreau, Treoy Percival, Tim Hudson, Braden Looper, Daisuke Miura, Russ Oritz, Richie Sexon, Placido Polanco, Livan Hernandez and the fine Japanese outfield of Atsunori Inaba, Naoyuki Omura and Takayuki Shimizu. Minor league system: 4th (Brad Penny, Mark Redman, Matt Holliday, Makoto Imaoka, Grant Balfour, Jose Reyes, Jose Guillen). Drafting 15th in June 2000.

Kansas City Monarchs - A 1997 expansion team, so you would be their first owner. Averaged 100 losses over their first two seasons. Best players Bill Simas, Doug Brocail, Carlos Perez, Miguel Batista, John Halama, Mitch Meluskey, Bill Mueller, Russ Johnson, Lyle Mouton, Sal Fasano, John Mabry. Minor league system: 15th (C.C. Sabathia, Jake Peavy, Russ Branyan, Desi Relaford, Gerald Laird, Colby Lewis, Ryan Vogelson, Luis Garcia, Charlie Manning, ). Drafting 5th in June 2000.

Oakland Oaks - The computer brought them in with an 86-76 their first winning season since 1991, thanks to owner neglect. It's a solid team with a decent farm system. Best players are Mike Cameron, Edgar Renteria, Ismael Valdez, Steve Karsay, Ray Durham, Pedro Astacio. Minor league system: 14th (Edgar Renteria, Darin Erstad, Kevin Millwood, Aramis Ramirez, Sidney Ponson, Juan Salas, Wade Miller, Alfonso Soriano, Jorge de la Rosa, Aaron Harang, Morgan Ensberg, Erubile Durazo, Michael Barrett, Gabe Kapler). Drafting 16th in June 2000.

Pittsburgh Crawfords - An excellent team, abandoned by its owner before last season, that then went on to win 100 games for the third time in the last five years. Unfortunately, they play in the same division with two tremendous teams and so they didn't make the playoffs. You will have to decide what to do with this talented team in a very tough division.. Best players are Robb Nen, Mariano Rivera, Gary Sheffiled, Kenny Lofton, Wil Cordero, Shane Reynolds, Randy Johnson, Royce Clayton, Matt Lawton, Kenny Rogers, J. T. Snow). Minor league system: 26th (Juan Pierre, Hitoshi Tamura, Jack Wilson, Johnny Estrada, Paxton Crawford, Randy Winn, Jacque Jones, Jeremy Affeldt, Tim Sponeybarger). Drafting 15th in June 2000.

I take an inordinate amount of care on the Antiquity League and I think that you will be very pleased to be a member of the league.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Anthony Giacalone
giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
Commissioner: Antiquity League and RLPA Pre-boot
Owner: St. Louis Flyers
AnthonyGiacalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Interested in Taking over the Chicago Franchise

Hey Anthony...

I am looking for a 2nd league and yours sounds stable and mature which is exactly what I am looking for. I started playing Stats baseball when I was 9 years old (1976) so showing my age. LOL...I graduated to playing in the very first fantasy leagues (Rotisserie was the original name and rule set we played under) in the early 90s....Matter of fact had a fun walk down memory lane looking at all the team rosters in your league...

I am interested in the Chicago franchise if it is still available but a little concerned about the Orphans being in Chicago...Judging from the other team names it looks like a relocation and renaming is possible? If not its not a huge deal but do not want to my boys to be orphans any more...

Let me know what thoughts, questions you have for me..

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Chris

My other franchise is in Las Vegas in the SKY league so might want to go there or head down to Key West if we can go that far south...Perfect Weather for baseball in both locales....
Cgraham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #3
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Chris,

You can have Chicago and relocate them to Las Vegas if you like.

Send me your email address so I can put you on the email list and include you in the game file. The off-season starts on Thursday, so you can probably get up to speed and not miss anything.

Anthony
giacalone.anthony@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Las Vegas Knights are born....

AWESOME!! My email is chrsgraham9@gmail.com

I also attached our Logo and our stadium will be christened
BIG SLICKS HOUSE OF HARDBALL

I may need a little talking through getting the league set up on OOTP 19 as its been a while since we set the last one up (and my 19 y/o son did most of that)...Unfortunately he is 4 hours away on an internship .....

Thanks and looking forward to building the franchise....

Not sure how active the league is for trading but true to being HQ'd in Las Vegas, we love to wheel and deal....

PS---Another owner in my current league Michael Kadis should be reaching out to you if you still have an opening...I think he liked the idea of KC being an expansion team so that may be who he asks about...He is a solid manager and even has ran some sims for SKY in the commish's absence...
Attached Images
Cgraham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #5
AnthonyGiacalone
Minors (Single A)

Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Chicago have been claimed.

Oakland is still available and will probably be moving to Chicago.

If you are interested in a new league, I do have two openings in my other online historical league - RLPA Preboot - which started in 1962 (after 12 years doing different eras) and is now set in 1969. I will post an "owners wanted" note for that league tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
klonewarrior
Minors (Double A)

Hands down this is the best league in the OOTP universe. Anthony takes special care of his league, and his owner. You will NOT be disappointed.
klonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
Snake Eyes
Bat Boy

I will take Oakland if it is still available
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote