Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-07-2016, 01:16 AM   #21
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

He hit free agency and I'm getting the same message. He refuses to talk further, even though we haven't talked yet.
MrWideFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #22
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I think there may be a bug here. This does happen, but eh fact the player was never unhappy about anything is a direct problem it seems.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #23
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I think there may be a bug here. This does happen, but eh fact the player was never unhappy about anything is a direct problem it seems.
It's not uncommon for players to no longer want to play for the team that drafted them or broke into the majors with. I agree that maybe there should have been better wording around it, but since he is playing OOTP15, it may have been fixed in 16 or 17.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #24
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I see this all the time in arbitration years. They rarely will want more than 1 year contracts. When they are in their last arbitration year then they are willing to sign long term deals. The bad thing is its usually over inflated price so I let them go FA then re-sign them and more often than not cheaper
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #25
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

DO NOT negotiate more than twice in one game day. Or he will refuse to talk with you.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #26
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

Again, I have not negotiated with him in years.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #27
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
A player doesn't have to be unhappy to want to test FA. I'd be concerned that any supposed "fix" would make it too easy to retain players. This is a fine line to walk for OOTPD.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #28
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, this is intended behaviour. it's not a bug. i'm sure it's related to greed or selfishness or some combination of personality traits. those are the ones that "want" to test free agency like some/many players do in real life.

read ronster's 2 posts above, that's all the information you need.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:13 PM   #29
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

Sure he can test free agency. But once he is a free agent why wouldn't he be willing to listen to an offer from me?

I think if you were in my shoes you would feel like something was wrong under the hood. This is the first time I've encountered something like this in hundreds of OOTP seasons.

This isn't the typical "I'm not ready to talk yet" response. This is the response you get from someone who is frustrated from negotiations gone bad. How is that possible when we haven't even talked?

Last edited by MrWideFrame; 06-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Has anyone run into this in OOTP16 or OOTP17?
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #31
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWideFrame View Post
Sure he can test free agency. But once he is a free agent why wouldn't he be willing to listen to an offer from me?

I think if you were in my shoes you would feel like something was wrong under the hood. This is the first time I've encountered something like this in hundreds of OOTP seasons.

This isn't the typical "I'm not ready to talk yet" response. This is the response you get from someone who is frustrated from negotiations gone bad. How is that possible when we haven't even talked?
Been in your shoes several times in 2 long term leagues back to v8. Some players just don't negotiate. In the big picture I still think it's too easy to retain players in a modern day FA type OOTP league. That's advantage human player, something we don't need.

It's unfortunate you're still on v15 we have no way to tell if your player would negotiate in v16 v17.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #32
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Been in your shoes several times in 2 long term leagues back to v8. Some players just don't negotiate. In the big picture I still think it's too easy to retain players in a modern day FA type OOTP league. That's advantage human player, something we don't need.

It's unfortunate you're still on v15 we have no way to tell if your player would negotiate in v16 v17.
I would agree with that. My teams are always winners and I've always been able to retain my players if I'm willing to fork over the money. This is the first time I've ever seen this.

I ran a test and he signed for 4/100. I would have easily given him more than that given the opportunity.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #33
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Screw the fans. They'll come back eventually.
Happily, I didn't have to make a decision. The player decided to retire, perhaps in order to avoid jeopardizing his Hall of Fame prospects with another 2-7, ERA 5.23, WHIP 1.84 season.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:21 AM   #34
ThePride87
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Then why on earth are you posting this in an OOTP 17 forum?
This was The Wolf's final post. Never forget Mr. Wolf, the legend.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote