Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > Grand Championship League

Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
coljesep
All Star Reserve

ABL - Grand Championship Preview

The following preview was written by the ABL's team representative.

"The ABL has been running for the last 3 real years and is currently playing in Season #11 (2012 to 2022). The commissioner also runs several leagues using Stratomatic (football, hockey and baseball). We are a fictional league that uses hidden ratings for an added challenge. The league sims five times a week and prides itself on structure, consistency and of course having a FUN. We have 24 teams in the league. Our Grand League Champions entry the Montreal Bandits; GM Christian Latulippe won his 3rd ABL Championship in 10 years this past season. Christian has been in the finals 4 times and also won the leagues’ first two season championships"

League Website: ABL | v2.0

You can check out the ABL team by visiting: Home

Opening Statement: Well that was not a easy task to build a contender team in the grand champ league. Since everyone as the same budget and have access to the same players, for me it was important to build a team base purely on talent, and try to avoid looking at stats and VORP too much. Because some MLB players have good stats but they also play in heavy friendly hitter park. Everyone will have good hitter and pitcher. For me it was important to have a team, with good on base percentage, a strong pitching staff, try to have a decent defense, and to choose a stadium that favor pitcher and average, so I can play well at home. It was also critical to have subs and pitcher that give me some flexibility so I can beat lefty and righty pitchers. I was also looking for a good alternance of right handed and left handed bat, with if possible a bit more left handed, since I think there are better and cheaper right handed pitcher available.

Projected Starting Lineups

VS RIGHTY
Mike Pérez RF
Jerry Riley 3B
Luis López CF
Pat Willcox DH
Frank Hicks LF
Harry Andersen 2B
Roderick Lawson C
Marvin Campbell 1B
Lúcio Echevarría SS

VS LEFTY
Mike Pérez RF
Jerry Riley 3B
Luis López CF
Pat Willcox DH
Frank Hicks LF
Harry Andersen 2B
Greg Merrifield 1B
Roderick Lawson C
Lúcio Echevarría SS

SUBS
C/LF Eduardo Martinez RHB
2B/SS/3B Charlie Black RHB
1B Marvin Campbell LHB / Greg Merrifield RHB
LF/CF/RF Luis Acevedo RHB

Projected Rotation & Bullpen

ROTATION
Jim Hanson RHP
Carmelo Gonzales RHP
Bob Bryant RHP
Bill Latham RHP
Clint Wilson LHP

EMERGENCY STARTER AND LONG RELIEF
Harry Bretz RHP
Rodrigo Ramirez LHP

CLOSER
Ricardo Crus RHP

SET-UP
Mike Jenkins LHP
Mike Cross RHP

MIDDLE RELIEVERS
Rob Bentley LHP
Tristan Varkevisser RHP

5 Keys to Winning:

1. My team need to be in the top 5 team with on base percentage.

2. Pitching staff have to keep the ball in play. Hanson have to play like is rating. Crus need to be worth is investment. We need a strong campaign from Wilson or Ramirez, the only LHP in the rotation.

3. Defense has to be in the top 5 of the league

4. We need a good season from Lawson leading the pitching staff, but also with his bat.

5. Finally we will need to really study all the strength and weaknesses of the other team in the series, and make the best decision with our line-up and starters.

Should be fun

Last edited by coljesep; 02-12-2015 at 11:45 AM.
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
USF
All Star Starter

Christian you got this! Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
KCBaseballVaultTroy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here's my pick for champ!
KCBaseballVaultTroy is offline   Reply With Quote