Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Just pulled off a blockbuster trade..thoughts?

Hopefully the image shows up correctly. I quickly threw together a little "trade report" via microsoft paint.

What do you guys think? The 4 players pictured are the main players in the trade. I was offered this by Hamilton and decided to take it after thinking it over.

After 3 losing seasons (3 years into my Fictional league) I decided the team needed a shake up. Laughren is a bonafide STAR. He has won all 3 of the NABA's Most Valuable Batter awards and makes 3 and a half million less than Tremblay (although both are nearing the end of their current deals). Laughren has hit 130 homers in 3 seasons which is damn impressive.

Torres is a reliever with electric stuff, and slots nicely into my bullpen.

The guy that I'm iffy about losing though, is Sprague. 12th overall pick in a previous draft, he was looking like my future SS. Hopefully he doesn't turn into an all-star for Hamilton!

What do you guys think?
Attached Images
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
Rurik
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like the deal, so long as you're not backing up prospects behind Laughren. He is definitely better than Tremblay (although Tremblay is pretty fine too), and the reliever provides more certain value than you could predict from any prospect.

I wouldn't call it a steal, but I think that this was a pretty realistic and good trade.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Nice. You got the better end

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

I think you would've won even if you hadn't received the RP. That "slugger" fella has to be one of your best hitters in the league...if not the definite best.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Definitely the best hitter in league history, although that's only 3 seasons lol

And I'd have to say this is one of the most fair-value trades I've ever been offered. Although I get the best player, they get a damn fine one too and a good prospect.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
Lockdog
Minors (Triple A)

This trade was a good one. There are a few things that I've noticed though. When it comes to the prospects, Forster seems like a decent prospect since he's ranked,but O'Brien is more so minor league filler since he's age 24 and struggling in Short-A ball. 'Looney Tunes' is a solid up-and-coming shortstop and it must have been tough to give him up. Laughren is the real-deal, but you only have him under contract for one season. Torres is a nice reliever and has five season of control with one of those being pre-arbitration (assuming your league has six years of required service time for free agency). Tremblay is a really good LF with three years left on his contract, even though he is more expensive. This is a "win-now" move that works well for both sides.
Lockdog is offline   Reply With Quote