Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

IOOTP 2014 Features??

When is this going to be announced? It's April 1st already......... "shortly" is not an acceptable answer anymore.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Drexy
Bat Boy

I Agree!

This is really unacceptable, They should have announced release dates, features, and prices by now. I hate the fact that's it's still going to be two weeks plus after they make there announcements!
Drexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexy View Post
This is really unacceptable, They should have announced release dates, features, and prices by now. I hate the fact that's it's still going to be two weeks plus after they make there announcements!
Well actually they've already announced projected release date, and the price. The only thing left is new features. I'd love to find out as well but just let them take their time.
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
BradC
All Star Starter

iOOTP development has come down to the wire since Sebastian is juggling FHM too. (To answer the inevitable question: Our hope is that FHM development will be less bumpy next year, allowing Sebastian more lead time to work on iOOTP. FHM recently put out a major update and has another one in the works.)

My expectation right now is to announce the new features in iOOTP 2014 next Tuesday, 4/8, after the game is sent to Apple for review on 4/7. We're waiting until then to announce the new features because the list is still a bit in flux, and some things might be added or dropped depending how it goes with the Beta testers.

Sorry for the silence on this. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

Sounds like you're setting up excuses in advance, already.

Same song as iOOTP 2013, different melody.
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Hurley
Bat Boy

I'm sure the new features will be minimum and nothing major that everybody has posted they wanted.. They bit off more than they can chew with FHM and so iootp has been pushed to the back burner just like iootp 13 was with the supposed updates that never came.. And we keep getting this same excuse about FHM this and FHM that.. Maybe they are in the works with a iFHM bc it don't seem like anybody has had time to work on iootp 14 by the sound of it.. Like Brad said maybe next yr FHM will be less bumpy so they can actually put time into iootp for us.. So don't be disappointed when it's the same game as iootp 13 with minor visual changes here and there and the simple changes that wouldn't pull them away from what's most important to them (FHM).. You heard it here first
Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
phillupi
All Star Reserve

And you are incorrect. They are working hard to get it right instead of just pushing it out the door. You will be happy with the update.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #8
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
I'm sure the new features will be minimum and nothing major that everybody has posted they wanted.. They bit off more than they can chew with FHM and so iootp has been pushed to the back burner just like iootp 13 was with the supposed updates that never came.. And we keep getting this same excuse about FHM this and FHM that.. Maybe they are in the works with a iFHM bc it don't seem like anybody has had time to work on iootp 14 by the sound of it.. Like Brad said maybe next yr FHM will be less bumpy so they can actually put time into iootp for us.. So don't be disappointed when it's the same game as iootp 13 with minor visual changes here and there and the simple changes that wouldn't pull them away from what's most important to them (FHM).. You heard it here first
Well first off I do believe that there will be at least one or two big updates. Secondly, of course they were hard at work on FHM. Its a new game and needed a lot of work. I will admit though I really hope you're right about a possible iFHM in the works
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

Thanks for the response guys. The whiners on here shouldn't discourage you from the hard work. I'll gladly purchase upon release. The sooner the better but I'm glad there's a clearer timeline. Thanks
lgkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I explained this about a million times so I will not repeat it anymore. A few weeks back we wrote that iOOTP will be released around the same date as OOTP 15 (+/- a few days depending on how fast Apple reviews the game). The price will be the same as every year ($5) and regarding features, we made the jump to iOS 7 (including the GUI design), added retina support on all devices, added full iPhone 5 support (so you see more info on screens where it makes sense), hand-made a 2014 opening roster set especially for iOOTP, added a powerful player editor (not happy with our ratings? do your own. Want to put yourself into the game: just do it!), improved the AI (e.g. ported the new Player Evaluation AI direct from OOTP 15) and added smaller stuff here and there.

iOOTP is and will always be what we intended with it: a casual baseball simulator for you to enjoy on the road. If that is not what you want, just don't buy it.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
Hurley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I explained this about a million times so I will not repeat it anymore. A few weeks back we wrote that iOOTP will be released around the same date as OOTP 15 (+/- a few days depending on how fast Apple reviews the game). The price will be the same as every year ($5) and regarding features, we made the jump to iOS 7 (including the GUI design), added retina support on all devices, added full iPhone 5 support (so you see more info on screens where it makes sense), hand-made a 2014 opening roster set especially for iOOTP, added a powerful player editor (not happy with our ratings? do your own. Want to put yourself into the game: just do it!), improved the AI (e.g. ported the new Player Evaluation AI direct from OOTP 15) and added smaller stuff here and there.

iOOTP is and will always be what we intended with it: a casual baseball simulator for you to enjoy on the road. If that is not what you want, just don't buy it.
So u added iOS 7 and retina and iPhone 5 support which was suppose to be updated for iootp 13.. Well I hope u have the opening day roster.. Player editor good job (1 thing to be excited about).. Improved AI we shall see about this one.. And I know FHM is a new game and time needs to be dedicated to it but it shouldn't take away from iootp in the process.. But anyways I look forward to iootp 14.. Just hope it don't get mistreated like iootp 13
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

Quote:
So u added iOS 7 and retina and iPhone 5 support which was suppose to be updated for iootp 13.. Well I hope u have the opening day roster.. Player editor good job (1 thing to be excited about).. Improved AI we shall see about this one.. And I know FHM is a new game and time needs to be dedicated to it but it shouldn't take away from iootp in the process.. But anyways I look forward to iootp 14.. Just hope it don't get mistreated like iootp 13

Again, Sebastian - please don't let one or two people like this ruin your work.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #13
Hurley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper View Post
Again, Sebastian - please don't let one or two people like this ruin your work.
Not saying Sebastian ain't working hard lol saying they are stretching him to thin which is the reason we never got a update for iootp 13 and I hope iootp 14 don't turn out the same.. Don't take stuff out if context
Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

Your post is filled with sarcasm and passive-aggression. The game is $5, not $50. You called the game mistreated to the person who is responsible for "treating" it. No out-of-context remarks at all.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #15
Hurley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper View Post
Your post is filled with sarcasm and passive-aggression. The game is $5, not $50. You called the game mistreated to the person who is responsible for "treating" it. No out-of-context remarks at all.
Because iootp was mistreated.. They called for updates they never showed up.. Don't know how u define mistreated.. I know who I'm telling it to and I'm telling him how a lot of us felt about it like the numerous other post do instead of acting like a giddy school girl bc iootp 14 is coming out.. Yeah it's $5 but if u don't put work into that $5 game that's on millions of phones what makes u think they wanna buy the $40 desktop versions.. Ootp helped grow iootp but now the roles are reversed.. iootp will get more people to buy ootp (rather than vice versa) bc it's in the hands of millions of people.. So all I'm saying is don't mistreat it
Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

And thats where we have different opinions. Of course we support iOOTP if needed but tbh, iOOTP is perfectly playable (I still wait for the game-breaking bugs some people always talk about). If we have time, we will add new stuff as well but as I wrote, iOOTP does not earn enough to do it full-time (not even close) so basically I do it parallel to FHM. So yes, some comments really get to me when sitting in front of the computer at 2 AM and make sure we get a new version out every year for people to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I really like to work on iOOTP and I'm happy we have the chance to put out new versions every year. I respect everyones opinion but I can't change the situation.

Quote:
Because iootp was mistreated.. They called for updates they never showed up.. Don't know how u define mistreated.. I know who I'm telling it to and I'm telling him how a lot of us felt about it like the numerous other post do instead of acting like a giddy school girl bc iootp 14 is coming out.. Yeah it's $5 but if u don't put work into that $5 game that's on millions of phones what makes u think they wanna buy the $40 desktop versions.. Ootp helped grow iootp but now the roles are reversed.. iootp will get more people to buy ootp (rather than vice versa) bc it's in the hands of millions of people.. So all I'm saying is don't mistreat it
Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
Hurley
Bat Boy

Yeah but look at how many yrs you have been on computer vs just starting being mobile.. Eventually ur profit will flip even with it being a $5 game only because it's available to so many people in there hands at any time.. Yes iootp 13 is playable but u couldn't even update it for iPhone 5 or retina
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

But I have to eat now and not in the future.

At the time we released iOOTP 2013 both retina and iPhone 5 was not necessary for a App to be submitted to Apple, so we decided against it as new feature. That changed during last year, now it is needed. So for this version we had to add the support of both (and it really looks great with retina). The time to add both was a major factor in this years development cycle (now we have 5, not just 2 skins to support). It is always about managing the resources (time, money, men-power) we have available here at OOTP Dev.

Quote:
Yeah but look at how many yrs you have been on computer vs just starting being mobile.. Eventually ur profit will flip even with it being a $5 game only because it's available to so many people in there hands at any time.. Yes iootp 13 is playable but u couldn't even update it for iPhone 5 or retina
Old 04-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
Drexy
Bat Boy

Quote:

With all do respect that's all you had to say. Just copy and paste that to your home page, so everyone from apple that's looking for the game will know its coming out instead of having to root around in posts trying to find information about the game.
Drexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #20
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:

Seems to me that this gets lost on some. It's supposed to be a fun casual game and not OOTP on your mobile device. I respect everybody's right to an opinon but at the end of the day this $5 app probably nets less than $2 so to have an iOOTP beyond 14, FHM has to work. The only thing I think we missed out on with 13 was Retnia and if that was so the company could grow and prosper and protect future versions of this game, I for one am willing to take a back seat.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote