Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

1.03 eta?

Sometime early August, I'd hope?
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I'm working on it, no exact timetable at the moment (other then in short future).

Anything in particular that needs to be fixed?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I'm working on it, no exact timetable at the moment (other then in short future).

Anything in particular that needs to be fixed?
I noticed a bug in my game, latest version. The scoreboard lineup shows the same batting numbers for every player (not bad ones either!). This only occurs during playoff games, in the regular season the scoreboard screen operates normally.
Attached Images
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennogreg View Post
I noticed a bug in my game, latest version. The scoreboard lineup shows the same batting numbers for every player (not bad ones either!). This only occurs during playoff games, in the regular season the scoreboard screen operates normally.
Thats strange: the numbers you see are the default numbers the screen gets initiated with before the real player stats get shown. So basically, for whatever reason, it seems as the game is not able to get the real player stats. Thanks for reporting (btw. it is only a display problem but still, it should work of course)!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How about the second wildcard. Seems that's the only thing missing. Is it that hard to add? In almost 75% of my seasons, there's a game 165. Isn't it just about the same thing?
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Thats strange: the numbers you see are the default numbers the screen gets initiated with before the real player stats get shown. So basically, for whatever reason, it seems as the game is not able to get the real player stats. Thanks for reporting (btw. it is only a display problem but still, it should work of course)!
No problem. I don't think it was there the previous release (then again, I don't believe I made the playoffs then - sadness).

Four things I'd like to see, if possible. Chosen because I think they'd be easier to implement, but I'm no programmer.

1) postseason numbers listed in the player's Stats file. Yearly numbers might be too cumbersome, but perhaps total postseason stats are possible?

2) as others have mentioned, the possibility a player will be thrown out at home on a wild pitch/passed ball

3) editable end-of-year award titles

4) viewing past champions, aside from only the previous year

Thanks, still loving this game!

Last edited by Mennogreg; 08-02-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Season 2012 ended in Oct, awards for Sept were announced as usual.
Season 2013 ended Sept 31, no awards for Sept were announced. Possible bug?
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

A few things might be possible to add. About the WP/PB: did I read something about it in the OOTP 13 forum or was it something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennogreg View Post
No problem. I don't think it was there the previous release (then again, I don't believe I made the playoffs then - sadness).

Four things I'd like to see, if possible. Chosen because I think they'd be easier to implement, but I'm no programmer.

1) postseason numbers listed in the player's Stats file. Yearly numbers might be too cumbersome, but perhaps total postseason stats are possible?

2) as others have mentioned, the possibility a player will be thrown out at home on a wild pitch/passed ball

3) editable end-of-year award titles

4) viewing past champions, aside from only the previous year

Thanks, still loving this game!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchobamba View Post
Season 2012 ended in Oct, awards for Sept were announced as usual.
Season 2013 ended Sept 31, no awards for Sept were announced. Possible bug?
Never heard a problem here. Would it be possible for you to send me your save file if I give you instructions, then I could test it here?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Never heard a problem here. Would it be possible for you to send me your save file if I give you instructions, then I could test it here?
Let me know what I need to do. I save after every game. I am now in season 2014.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchobamba View Post
Let me know what I need to do. I save after every game. I am now in season 2014.
Thanks, I will contact your through PM tomorrow (Friday).
Old 08-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks, I will contact your through PM tomorrow (Friday).
Hey Sebastian,

Speaking of PM, did you get my comments regarding the font format issue on the in-game screen? I won't clog up this thread with all the details, but if you haven't seen my comments, let me know, and I'll PM you.

sfnate
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had the same problem before. See this post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...61-post10.html

I didn't see it in the next build, so I thought it had been fixed.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
tjmsport
Bat Boy

Here is a bug.

If you have less than 25 on the active roster. And you sign a free agent to a minor league contract, they get placed on the active roster and assigned a salary of 480. Thus totally doing the opposite of he intended of minor leagues.

I think any player that you acquire either via fa or trade should always go to the minors first then you can bring up who you want.

Having them go to active and sent down also causes a lot of mad players.
tjmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #15
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfnate View Post
Hey Sebastian,

Speaking of PM, did you get my comments regarding the font format issue on the in-game screen? I won't clog up this thread with all the details, but if you haven't seen my comments, let me know, and I'll PM you.

sfnate
Thanks, I know the details and the last boxes got fixed!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1) Another bug found. Playing in the world series, and checking the schedule through the "Manage Team" tab shows the dates in incorrect order. That didn't happen prior to the World Series, so not sure if it's a persistent bug or a fluke.

2) a player on my club won the batting title, according to League News. But it makes no mention of this either in his History file or Awards file. I haven't finished the season yet as I'm in the postseason playoffs, so not sure if that gets would be added afterwards.

3) when going through the news, and selecting a player highlighted in a news file, for example, pressing the Back button from the players profile takes you back to the News section, but all the way at the bottom. Can you fix it to take you back to the top of the page, or better yet, exactly where you were when you selected that article?

Many thanks!
Attached Images
Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

20th of August, only two patches, no definitive word on when 1.03 is being submitted...you guys still want to say the support is as good as last year? Don't make me laugh.
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #18
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

There's two guys making two different games, one being from (almost) scratch. Stop complaining and go learn to program.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
There's two guys making two different games, one being from (almost) scratch. Stop complaining and go learn to program.
Hmmmm
Yep this is the winner of post of the week !!
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
20th of August, only two patches, no definitive word on when 1.03 is being submitted...you guys still want to say the support is as good as last year? Don't make me laugh.
You always complain but never answered my question: what is wrong (not playable) with iOOTP 2012?

We had a much harder time with the second version to get reviews, because "not much new from 2011". We added so much after the initial release of 2011 that the new features for 2012 looked tiny in comparison.

I work on another project because iOOTP, even with good sale numbers, is not enough to support my life. With Apple taking 30%, OOTP getting money, the graphic designer, the PR guy and the Framework guy and the $-to-Euro exchange rate not great you can make the math how much of $5 (!) remain in my pocket.

Don't get me wrong, iOOTP is a lot of fun to work on, both versions were/are a big success for our company, we will of course make a 2013 version and we have some great ideas for it but it is not possible for me (as only person who codes the game) to spend 24 hours each day on the game. We will continue to fix stuff and to add new stuff for free for every release we make (how many iOS games do this?) but if that is not enough for you I'm sorry.