Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #401
Afino
Hall Of Famer

When I traded cash for a player I got news that said:

"Swap: for Kaiser".

Everything was okay in the news itself, it was only the headline.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #402
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
When I traded cash for a player I got news that said:

"Swap: for Kaiser".

Everything was okay in the news itself, it was only the headline.
I can vouch for this, and I will add that you see the same thing if one side received only a draft pick. See the examples below; the token in the headline is looking for a player name and shows blank when it finds none in the transaction, apparently.

By the way, these were salary dump deals, and with trading on Hard you have to give up a few scrubs along with the mediocre player in order to pry a draft pick or two from the AI.
Attached Images
Image Image 
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #403
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to both of you for posting these errors.

I can't fix these in the Text Database.

Markus will have to recode this so that this doesn't occur.

I will put it in Bugzilla.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #404
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

I've noticed this over the passed couple of games. My 2b is on a 15 game hit streak. He got a hit in the first inning, and the PBP said that he's extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Then he gets a hit again in the third and, again, the PBP says that he's extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Same thing in the 8th. I noticed this during game 14 and 15 as well.

I apologize if this has already been noted.

I'm using Windows XP and I'm using version 9.2.0. I didn't download the last patch because I thought I read that it wasn't necessary unless something specific was happening.

Also, this doesn't really have anything to do with the PBP, but I have to mention it somewhere. This is my players second time to have a hitting streak, the first one was an 18 gamer. However he's not getting credit in the Streak section of the statistics as having a *current* 16 game hit streak. I think that should be fixed, it's not every year that a player will have 2 - 16+ game hit streaks.

Thanks.

Let me know if you need the game logs, just let me know how to find them.

EDIT: I've downloaded version 9.2.11 and in game number 17 the player had two more hits and both times it said that he had extended his hitting streak to 17 games. He still does not show in the list of hit streaks.

Last edited by CalvinHobbes; 12-25-2008 at 09:29 PM.
CalvinHobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #405
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post
I've noticed this over the passed couple of games. My 2b is on a 15 game hit streak. He got a hit in the first inning, and the PBP said that he's extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Then he gets a hit again in the third and, again, the PBP says that he's extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Same thing in the 8th. I noticed this during game 14 and 15 as well.

I apologize if this has already been noted.

I'm using Windows XP and I'm using version 9.2.0. I didn't download the last patch because I thought I read that it wasn't necessary unless something specific was happening.

Also, this doesn't really have anything to do with the PBP, but I have to mention it somewhere. This is my players second time to have a hitting streak, the first one was an 18 gamer. However he's not getting credit in the Streak section of the statistics as having a *current* 16 game hit streak. I think that should be fixed, it's not every year that a player will have 2 - 16+ game hit streaks.

Thanks.

Let me know if you need the game logs, just let me know how to find them.

EDIT: I've downloaded version 9.2.11 and in game number 17 the player had two more hits and both times it said that he had extended his hitting streak to 17 games. He still does not show in the list of hit streaks.
Thanks for posting this.

How would you like the game PBP to handle the hitting streak?

Just mention it one time on the first hit in the game and not on subsequent hits?

As far as getting credit for his current hitting streak, I am not really familiar with how the game keeps track of hitting streaks.

I will try to find it out and process your request.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #406
injury log
Hall Of Famer

A very small issue, but I was playing out a game, and hit four straight home runs, and the pbp read something like:

"They go BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK! CRAZY!"

So that's fine; I was actually impressed to see that the game was coded to recognize four straight homers, and to produce a suitable pbp message. Problem was, I then hit another home run, giving me five straight. The game again spat out:

or whatever the message was, not acknowledging the truly exceptional nature of the event. Maybe the broadcaster can't count.

Mind, since it's never happened in real life MLB that a team has hit five straight HRs, and since this was the first time I'd even hit as many as three straight in an OOTP game, it seems a low priority thing to get fixed.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #407
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
A very small issue, but I was playing out a game, and hit four straight home runs, and the pbp read something like:

So that's fine; I was actually impressed to see that the game was coded to recognize four straight homers, and to produce a suitable pbp message. Problem was, I then hit another home run, giving me five straight. The game again spat out:

or whatever the message was, not acknowledging the truly exceptional nature of the event. Maybe the broadcaster can't count.

Mind, since it's never happened in real life MLB that a team has hit five straight HRs, and since this was the first time I'd even hit as many as three straight in an OOTP game, it seems a low priority thing to get fixed.
Wow, that is good to know it can happen in a game. I have only had three in a row.

It may be a small issue, but it should be fixed. Nothing is too small. We strive for perfection.

Thanks for pointing it out. I will log it in Bugzilla.

This is hard-coded in the game. Markus will have to fix it.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #408
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Thanks for posting this.

How would you like the game PBP to handle the hitting streak?

Just mention it one time on the first hit in the game and not on subsequent hits?

As far as getting credit for his current hitting streak, I am not really familiar with how the game keeps track of hitting streaks.

I will try to find it out and process your request.
I think the hitting streak should only be mentioned if he extends it on the first hit. Any hit after that is just gravy and doesn't extend the streak.

I found it a bit strange that the player would not be credited with a 17 and 18 game hit streak. In the end it likely won't matter, he didn't set a record or anything, I was just impressed that he was able to do it twice in one season. I think I'm going to edit his history to mention this feat.

Thanks for noting my comment.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #409
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Just a note to me that I am up-to-date on this thread.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #410
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Wrong stadium

In this news item the home stadium named is my home stadium, but we were playing on the road. The stadium we were actually playing in was Renegade Stadium.
Attached Images
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #411
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
In this news item the home stadium named is my home stadium, but we were playing on the road. The stadium we were actually playing in was Renegade Stadium.
Thanks for pointing this error out.

This is fine in the Text Database. The token is correct [%ballpark]. It must be a programming problem that Markus will have to fix. I have reported in Bugzilla previously. I will do it again.

This is Bugzilla #1978.

Bugzilla #1960 is a similar problem.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-01-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #412
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I thought the game was done. Will Markus be adding these to ver 9 or are you collecting bugs for ver 10?
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #413
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
I thought the game was done. Will Markus be adding these to ver 9 or are you collecting bugs for ver 10?
I'm sure these errors will have to be fixed when OOTP10 is released.

IMO it will not be done until then. OOTP9 is completed as much as it is going to be.

The final patch has been released.

I am just continuing to correct errors and typos in the Text Database that I can access and fix. Hard-Code and programming errors and typos are Markus' domain.

Errors and typos in News and PBP that are in the Text Database, I can fix at least for the time being. Once they begin on OOTP10, I don't know if I will continue to have access at that time. I did not reapply for the Beta Team.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-20-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #414
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I'm sorry to hear that. What you've been doing is remarkable.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #415
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I did not reapply for the Beta Team.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #416
bailey
Hall Of Famer

In a news item about a team winning the World Series:

[Team] rapped up the regular season with a [W/L] record and finished [place] in the [league]

It should be 'wrapped up'.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 PM   #417
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
In a news item about a team winning the World Series:

[Team] rapped up the regular season with a [W/L] record and finished [place] in the [league]

It should be 'wrapped up'.
Thanks for pointing out the error.

It has now been fixed in the Text Database. It will be correct in OOTP10.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-01-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #418
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post
I think the hitting streak should only be mentioned if he extends it on the first hit. Any hit after that is just gravy and doesn't extend the streak.

I found it a bit strange that the player would not be credited with a 17 and 18 game hit streak. In the end it likely won't matter, he didn't set a record or anything, I was just impressed that he was able to do it twice in one season. I think I'm going to edit his history to mention this feat.

Thanks for noting my comment.
Multiple mentioning of hitting streak extension is Bugzilla #1979.

Second Hitting Streak not shown is Bugzilla #1980.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-01-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #419
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post

This is Bugzilla #1981.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #420
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Some general notes from today's games, FWIW:

PBP - When you're up 6 runs in the top of the 6th you shouldn't have a "chance to get a rally started."

PBP - Sneaked a curve ball by him, or snuck?

PBP - Still don't see the "strikes out the side" notation. Wasn't this added back in?

PBP - Ump calls it a foul ball 'as it left fair territory' - is the latter implied and redundant?

PBP - 'Popped straight up' - 'Down the line to short right' - Can you reconcile both of these?

Last edited by endgame; 01-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote