Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

My Reaction to MLB Manager 16

Just wanted to post my thoughts on MLBM16, as I'm sure many people feel the same way. I was initially disappointed at the new version, as I was looking forward to some kind of new feature. After hearing the plans for next years game, however, my opinion has changed drastically. I know I'll be looking forward to this for a year to come. Hopefully we'll eventually know what features will be added (hopefully a lot) and which phones will be able to run the game (as I may need a new phone to play this). I'm super excited for the future. Mobile gaming is becoming a major trend in gaming and I think the future of OOTP may lie on mobile devices. As every year, I have to thank the development team for yet another great game that's well worth the $5 and I wish you all luck in making what I hope will be the best MLB Manger/iOOTP ever for next year
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTO333 View Post
Just wanted to post my thoughts on MLBM16, as I'm sure many people feel the same way. I was initially disappointed at the new version, as I was looking forward to some kind of new feature. After hearing the plans for next years game, however, my opinion has changed drastically. I know I'll be looking forward to this for a year to come. Hopefully we'll eventually know what features will be added (hopefully a lot) and which phones will be able to run the game (as I may need a new phone to play this). I'm super excited for the future. Mobile gaming is becoming a major trend in gaming and I think the future of OOTP may lie on mobile devices. As every year, I have to thank the development team for yet another great game that's well worth the $5 and I wish you all luck in making what I hope will be the best MLB Manger/iOOTP ever for next year
Being a Historical Player I see no reason to buy the new version as it would cost me 35 dollars to buy the game with all the seasons. There is
nothing new this year except the Roster update, so not being one to play
modern leagues it is senseless for me to buy it. I bought OOTP 17 which I have bought every game since 2003, which is always worth it. It is unfortunate there was nothing new this year for historical players in MLB Manager. I understand Markus has said next year there will be a new mobile MLB which I will purchase without a thought.

Last edited by bosunmate; 03-24-2016 at 06:51 PM.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
Being a Historical Player I see no reason to buy the new version as it would cost me 35 dollars to buy the game with all the seasons.
If you have already bought all the seasons for a previous year's game (even iOOTP), you do not have to repurchase them. There is a pinned posting about e-mailing Sebastian to get the instructions on how to restore the purchase once you buy the new version.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTO333 View Post

+1

I was hoping to have the exhibition mode added.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

I'm really feeling disappointed as I play 16 and notice the same little things that bothered me in 15 are bothering me again, I forget that I'm actually playing a new game and am not just playing 15.

wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
Art99
Minors (Triple A)

I too was dissapointed until I read that there will be some new features added to it and that big plans are set for next years version. I have put things in perspective : most android games suck and for 5 bucks this is a decent value. I have 2 leagues set up and will enjoy them until next year.
Art99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:26 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I'm really feeling disappointed as I play 16 and notice the same little things that bothered me in 15 are bothering me again, I forget that I'm actually playing a new game and am not just playing 15.

PM me with what exactly bothers you, maybe we can fix this easily for an update
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #8
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
PM me with what exactly bothers you, maybe we can fix this easily for an update

Sent ya a longgggg one, thanks for being receptive and listening to a little criticism.

At the end of the day I still love this game.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Well even though I stated I wouldn't buy MLB 16. I changed my mind only
because I love OOTP and I wanted to support Markus. I know every dollar spent will go towards making OOTP better than ever.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #10
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

On my balance sheet, my enjoyment of iootp/mlbmgr over the last 4 years easily overcomes my disappointments. There is no other game I've played more since 2012. Love it, will continue to support the developers.
( And my goal to get those Phillies out of last place started with an opening day win of 15-2 with 4 HRs and 20 hits so I'm having fun!)
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:15 AM   #11
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Does the "Team info" option update the displayed stats during a game or does it only update the stats after a game has been completed?
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 AM   #12
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootp3to6 View Post
Does the "Team info" option update the displayed stats during a game or does it only update the stats after a game has been completed?
After playing an other inning in the second game of the season between Toronto and Tampa, it appears that the "Team Info" option is only updated after a game has been completed. Please confirm.
Thanks in advance.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote