Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:54 AM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Starting Pitcher rest

I'm in the playoffs in 2020 after starting with a 2014 MLB quickstart and for some reason my SP who started on 10/15 and threw 126 pitches is only at 76% on 10/20. My pitcher that started on 10/16 is at 82% after throwing 93 pitches. Is this working as intended? Why wouldn't the SP that started game one be at 100% after five days rest?
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

What is each pitchers stamina ratings? A pitcher with a low stamina rating will take a little longer to recover after a 126 pitch outing.

Last edited by dodger300; 08-11-2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: puncuation
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Yeah but a 6th day? And the guy who is more tired has a 14 stamina whereas the other guy's is only 11...
Old 08-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #4
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

Yes you would think it would be higher than 76% on five days rest.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

In a proper set up they should be 100% after 4 days rest unless stamina is below SP threshold.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Ok starting to look like this is happening to all of my SP. Is there some league evolution thing that I'm not aware of that makes pitchers need 5 days of rest, forcing a 6-man rotation, instead of 4 days? What's going on here?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #7
MaddiLynn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It could be evolution, but I've never heard of this in particular and 2020 seems a bit soon.
MaddiLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I'm in the 2021 playoffs now and have a SP with a stamina of 18 and an injury rating of "durable" who is only at 87% after throwing 120 pitches five days ago. What gives?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:35 AM   #9
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Sounds like you have Pitcher Stamina set to "Very Low". Bump it up to "Low" and everything should be hunky dory.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:37 AM   #10
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Sounds like you have Pitcher Stamina set to "Very Low". Bump it up to "Low" and everything should be hunky dory.
I don't have it set to anything. It is at whatever the default is. And as I check it I see it set at "low".
Old 08-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #11
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I never had a problem after setting mine to "normal"
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:52 AM   #12
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I never had a problem after setting mine to "normal"
Aren't the default settings the ones that are the most balanced towards yielding realistic results though? If not then why are they the default settings? Like with any game I play I always assume that most of the troubleshooting and testing is done with the default settings, especially in a sim.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #13
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Aren't the default settings the ones that are the most balanced towards yielding realistic results though? If not then why are they the default settings? Like with any game I play I always assume that most of the troubleshooting and testing is done with the default settings, especially in a sim.
You do not want it on "Normal" unless you want 1970's-style starters. "Low" is where it should be for modern baseball.

And you are correct, the default settings should and do yield the best results for modern baseball.

When a pitchers is "Rested" he is fine to start, even if he is not 100% recovered from his fatigue.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #14
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
You do not want it on "Normal" unless you want 1970's-style starters. "Low" is where it should be for modern baseball.

And you are correct, the default settings should and do yield the best results for modern baseball.

When a pitchers is "Rested" he is fine to start, even if he is not 100% recovered from his fatigue.
I thought there was an increased chance of injury for starting a pitcher at less than 100%? Anyways, I had never seen this before in OOTP until this sim I'm running. It makes no sense. Always before once a SP hit his 5th day he was at 100%. What changed?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #15
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Though I assume it only applied to position players, perhaps your team's trainer has a very low recover from fatigue rating?
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well I did have problems with the default setting before I changed it, so maybe the default setting for this particular setting isn't all that great. It wasn't for my modern era default MLB quick start. But to each his own.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #17
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I thought there was an increased chance of injury for starting a pitcher at less than 100%? Anyways, I had never seen this before in OOTP until this sim I'm running. It makes no sense. Always before once a SP hit his 5th day he was at 100%. What changed?
Nothing changed, you just have not noticed it before. If pitchers were always 100% on the 5th day, then you could over-use them without penalty. This is a way to keep them from throwing 120-150 pitches every game.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #18
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nothing changed, you just have not noticed it before. If pitchers were always 100% on the 5th day, then you could over-use them without penalty. This is a way to keep them from throwing 120-150 pitches every game.
Well it is the first time I've ever seen a pitcher skipped in a rotation on his 5th day so the guy who is on his 4th day can pitch. Does that even happen in real life? I've never seen a starter skipped and a guy pitch on 3 days rest because he isn't as fatigued.