Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #21
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Just ignore him. He has issues or something and does not represent the fans. You do a great job and I can't wait for the hockey game either. Will be buying it also.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #22
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Just ignore him. He has issues or something and does not represent the fans. You do a great job and I can't wait for the hockey game either. Will be buying it also.
Yup me too !!
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #23
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You always complain but never answered my question: what is wrong (not playable) with iOOTP 2012?

We had a much harder time with the second version to get reviews, because "not much new from 2011". We added so much after the initial release of 2011 that the new features for 2012 looked tiny in comparison.

I work on another project because iOOTP, even with good sale numbers, is not enough to support my life. With Apple taking 30%, OOTP getting money, the graphic designer, the PR guy and the Framework guy and the $-to-Euro exchange rate not great you can make the math how much of $5 (!) remain in my pocket.

Don't get me wrong, iOOTP is a lot of fun to work on, both versions were/are a big success for our company, we will of course make a 2013 version and we have some great ideas for it but it is not possible for me (as only person who codes the game) to spend 24 hours each day on the game. We will continue to fix stuff and to add new stuff for free for every release we make (how many iOS games do this?) but if that is not enough for you I'm sorry.
Trying very hard ... not to write the words ...

"face"
"your"
"in"

but in a slightly different order

trying ... but failing abysmally
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Just ignore him.
Exactly. Fortunately for us, we can simply set up our accounts to ignore members who are mostly here (it seems) to complain and drag down the discussion into personal attacks.

Unfortunately for Sebastian, he can't do that, because he's supposed to read all this stuff.

Sebastian, don't let these whiners get you down--most of us know how hard you work and we support and thank you for creating a great game.

Last edited by sfnate; 08-21-2012 at 01:22 PM.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Wild card? That is what I am waiting for as I want to mimic the 2012 season. This for me is essential.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

I'd just settle for an update. What Sebastian has told us he'd do (remember "smaller, but monthly updates") and what has happened are two different things.

Yep, real life sucks sometimes. But no reasonable person can say the support has been as good this year as last year, or that it's been what Sebastian has said it would be (see above).
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

True, it hasn't been. But last year's edition was in no way as polished and ready to go out of the box, so to speak, as this year's has been, so there isn't nearly the same need for tweaks and bug fixes. Personally, I've gotten my $5 out of it many times over whether or not a new version comes out or not. Over-promising can be an issue sometimes, but it's definitely more of a problem when (as it is with so many games these days) the issues with it make the game unplayable. This one is definitely not unplayable.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote