Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

150g - 2S/8D/6T - No interleague request

I would like to set up my league with 90 games within the division (each division has 6 teams - 5T/18G each), and 60 games interdivision. I would like for the interdivision schedule to be split in 5 game series (2D/12T/5G each) with the ability to rotate the interdivision games each season. Unbalanced schedule, if possible.

Can anyone help me get started? Is there a program or spreadsheet that can be recommended? If someone with the know-how can put this together It would be greatly appreciated and keep an old man entertained for days!

Please advise...
rnt6685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

Actually got to thinking more about this set up. With 8 divisions in each sub, I would have to include the at least 4 division in the same scheduling for the interdivision to workout correctly.

So set up would be 144 games total 90 games within the division (each division has 6 teams - 5T/18G each), and 54 games interdivision (3D, 18T, 3 games each) or (1D, 6T, 9 games each) rotating interdivision each season.

Which would be easier to put together and maintain?

Any thoughts???
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Are custom schedules easier built in game or is there a way to do it outside the game using a spread sheet or program?

Last edited by rnt6685; 02-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Nobody has really been making schedules for the community-at-large for a long time now. Perhaps years. Sorry there hasn't been any feedback for you.

Making custom schedules is possible, but in general it is more bother than it is worth. Unless you have some sort of script to generate the matchups, it takes a long time (like days) to do it by hand. I've made a few, but I don't suggest it to the average fan.

The schedule files (.lsdl extensions) are basically custom xml files. The actual games portion of the file can be done in a spreadsheet and exported as an xml file if you would like to do it outside the game. I can point you to more information if you would like to learn for yourself. But as I said, you are probably better off just letting the game make a schedule for you.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

I'm not satisfied with the game schedule. In a 48 team sub division the teams only play inter-division a few games. Any information or a good base start would be greatly appreciated. I have been researching through the post today and I am willing to give it a try.

If I have any questions during the process, could I IM ya?

Last edited by rnt6685; 02-16-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Well, the most important info is contained in this post by gmo many moons ago:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...851-post2.html

This gives the 411 on all the elements of the schedule file. A must read.

I'd be happy to answer questions in private. I'm not really ever on IM, but if you PM me here it pings my email and I'll get it soon enough.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

Hey, thanks for the info. It has been very helpful.

Attached is what I have so far. I can't get it to go into the game. I tried to convert it to a .txt (tab delimited) file, but get an error.

"XML parsing error, not well formed (invalid token) at line 1".

Also tried MS-DOS Text and just get a Parsing error.

When I try Text (space delimited) my error message says "XML parsing error, not well formed (invalid token) at line 4".

I noticed in the text file it has added a ton of extra quotations.

Any advise?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Yep, I think the double quotes are screwing it up - I see them too. Open the file up in a text editor (like WordPad) and use the find/replace command to replace all "" with ". Then give that a try.

One other comment: it seems I remember there being something said about an issue with schedule names being too long sometimes. Yours is pretty long. You might get an error when you load it in-game - if so just rename it something else (like Super Duper Schedule.lsdl). The only downside to using a custom name is that you will have to manually load it every season. It only takes a few seconds, but you have to remember to do it in the preseason.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Alrighty, you should be all set now. I attached the updated file. There were also quotes around all the brackets that needed to be removed + one extra quote on like line 2400. I tested it the new file and was able to import it into the game. Make sure your league setup is the same as the schedule (interleague no, balanced box checkmarked, 144 games, Start date April 1, on Mondays, yada yada). You can only import during offseason or preseason (not during spring training).

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
rnt6685
Minors (Single A)

Works like a charm! Thank you!

You mentioned about the settings, I didn't even check that part of it either while trying the other files. But works great.

Regards!