Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

10 team PCL Style schedule.

Created this one for my Wisconsin League. 200 games played in 179 days. All teams play Double headers on Sundays at 1pm and 4pm, with the exception of one game. Also 1-4 doubleheaders played on Wednesdays starting at 3pm and 7pm. Saturday games are at 3pm and the rest of the week the games are scheduled at 7pm. Although the teams don't play the same opponent for the whole week with Mondays off, the Sunday tradition of Doubleheaders is back......

This was designed for 1 league with 10 teams in 1 division, but could very well be modified to eitherr 2 leagues with 5 teams in 1division or 1 league with 2 divisions of 5 teams. The schedule is a balanced schedule. Could also be used as a 20 team league if loaded for each subleague, but I did not leave an ASB in the schedule. If requested I could create a second version with an allstar break of one week in the middle of the season.

Last edited by SandMan; 07-14-2007 at 08:35 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Created this one for my Wisconsin League. 200 games played in 179 days. All teams play Double headers on Sundays at 1pm and 4pm, with the exception of one game. Also 1-4 doubleheaders played on Wednesdays starting at 3pm and 7pm. Saturday games are at 3pm and the rest of the week the games are scheduled at 7pm. Although the teams don't play the same opponent for the whole week with Mondays off, the Sunday tradition of Doubleheaders is back......

This was designed for 1 league with 10 teams in 1 division, but could very well be modified to eitherr 2 leagues with 5 teams in 1division or 1 league with 2 divisions of 5 teams. The schedule is a balanced schedule. Could also be used as a 20 team league if loaded for each subleague, but I did not leave an ASB in the schedule. If requested I could create a second version with an allstar break of one week in the middle of the season.
Hey Sandman good work!

BTW- For the life of me I cannot load the 8 team 54 game and 10 team 72 game fictional historical schedules. The headers match up, balanced schedule matches up and the number of games match up. I keep getting the message "loaded structure different than league structure". I took a look at the file using Excel and nothing stands out, except there is an all-star column with no selected. I compared this to a 8 team 54 game file that worked and there was no all-star column in that file.

How do I edit the schedule file and save in .lsdl format? I cannot save into .lsdl format using excel. I can only save into XML format which does not parse and load properly.

I hope this makes sense, thanks!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Hey Sandman good work!

BTW- For the life of me I cannot load the 8 team 54 game and 10 team 72 game fictional historical schedules. The headers match up, balanced schedule matches up and the number of games match up. I keep getting the message "loaded structure different than league structure". I took a look at the file using Excel and nothing stands out, except there is an all-star column with no selected. I compared this to a 8 team 54 game file that worked and there was no all-star column in that file.

How do I edit the schedule file and save in .lsdl format? I cannot save into .lsdl format using excel. I can only save into XML format which does not parse and load properly.

I hope this makes sense, thanks!
You can edit it with notepad. Do not save as XML, these documents are simple text documents. I would not use Excel.

I tested both and they loaded here... You don't have divisions or anything do you? You also need to make sure that you do the load by the league and not subleague.

Another thing you could do is to copy the file to the schedules folder and rename it :

leaguename_ml_c_2006 where leaguename is the name of your league, making sure that you have no blank spaces in the name.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can edit it with notepad. Do not save as XML, these documents are simple text documents. I would not use Excel.

I tested both and they loaded here... You don't have divisions or anything do you? You also need to make sure that you do the load by the league and not subleague.

Another thing you could do is to copy the file to the schedules folder and rename it :

leaguename_ml_c_2006 where leaguename is the name of your league, making sure that you have no blank spaces in the name.
thanks! I am determined to make this work. I am a tyoe of guy that has to figure this out no matter what. I could have moved on and use the default schedule generator but I just too "anal-retentive" to give up!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW- For the life of me I cannot load the 8 team 54 game and 10 team 72 game fictional historical schedules. The headers match up, balanced schedule matches up and the number of games match up. I keep getting the message "loaded structure different than league structure".
The four key items that must match up are:

Balanced schedule yes/no
Interleague play yes/no
Number of games
League alignment

If all four of these as specified in the schedule file match what is specified in OOTP for the league, it should work.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
The four key items that must match up are:

Balanced schedule yes/no
Interleague play yes/no
Number of games
League alignment

If all four of these as specified in the schedule file match what is specified in OOTP for the league, it should work.
I've checked and all four seem to match so I am definitely missing something here. I will continue to find the problem. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You also need to make sure that you do the load by the league and not subleague.
Sandman, how do you do the load by the league and not subleague?

Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sandman, how do you do the load by the league and not subleague?
In game setup - edit schedule. Use the LOAD schedule button. Do not use the load subleague 1. Try this and let me know. If this does not work zip the file up and post here and I will look at the schedule file....

Regards,

Sandman
Old 04-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Hey Sandman I;m still getting the same result....

Here are the schedules zipped..thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGY_G72_SL1_D1_T10_c_T10-L72.zip (1.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: zip ILN_BGY_G56_SL1_D1_T8_c_T8-L56.zip (1.3 KB, 80 views)

Old 04-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Sandman I;m still getting the same result....

Here are the schedules zipped..thanks for your help!

Figured it out.... when there is only one division you CAN not have the SL or D tag in the file..... I was testing with multiple divisions/subleagues....

Damn, looks like I have some editting to do....

Last edited by SandMan; 08-14-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Figured it out.... when there is only one division you CAN not have the SL or D tag in the file..... I was testing with multiple divisions/subleagues....

Damn, looks like I have some editting to do....
Bingo....I'm glad that we found the problem.....so just remove the SL or D tag in the file name or within the file?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bingo....I'm glad that we found the problem.....so just remove the SL or D tag in the file name or within the file?
Must be fixed in both places..... example ILN_BGY_G56_T8_c_ in the game and as the schedule name with a comment in the file name only.....

I attached the files corrected.....in the post above yours..... the fixes will be in any future updates to the file.

Last edited by SandMan; 04-28-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Must be fixed in both places..... example ILN_BGY_G56_T8_c_ in the game and as the schedule name with a comment in the file name only.....

I attached the files corrected.....in the post above yours..... the fixes will be in any future updates to the file.
Glad to help you out.............. Thanks for your help as well!

Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hey!!!!! I finally get it and see the problem as well and what you did to correct it.

Thanks again Sandman your efforts are appreciated!