Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

Playoff Format

I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues

I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
BKL
All Star Reserve

Playoff Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.

Yea that’s a little odd. I noticed in my test this happens in all playoff formats except the NHL like format. Hopefully it gets fixed in FHM6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BKL; 07-08-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?
Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.

I think all the ones that have fewer than 16 teams are doing it. It’s for the championship series in all cases and the semifinals in many of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk