Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

How to add a sign in 3-D park

How would one go about adding a sign in a 3-D park. There are some areas that I would like to add a sign or two. Thanks in advance!
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

The easiest way would be to overwrite signage that is already in the park - like replacing whatever is on the scoreboard or another sign in the park. To do that all you need to do is save your image in the texture folder with the same name as the picture you want to overwrite.

If you want to add two new signs and not over write anything, you will need to download SketchUp and add the signs in the actual SketchUp file, then export your object and reinstall it in the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:27 AM   #3
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

I have what is probably a simple question related to this. I downloaded a custom ballpark, and wanted to change the color of the dugout/outfield walls. There were four or five different images used (red originally), and I changed them. All but one (the main one for the walls) appears to have worked. I now have my desired purple striping along the upper deck, the tops of the dugouts, and on the scoreboard. But the outfield walls are now black.

I've gathered that this means the texture now isn't loading at all. I didn't change the name, and used the same process for all five images. I'm stumped why it didn't work for the last one. I've saved it with the same name, as a JPG (what it was originally, oddly, as the others were PNG), as a PNG with the same name, I've had both the JPG and the PNG in the folder individually and together...all no dice.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I'm thinking it has to be something about the fact that it's a JPG whereas the others are PNG. I'm editing in GIMP, and it gives me a variety of export quality options. I assume something's not matching there. The tricky thing is, if I select "Advanced Options" and "Use quality settings from original image", it still doesn't work. I'm stumped!

Last edited by BoofBonser26; 04-18-2019 at 03:41 AM. Reason: added info
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

I'll answer my own question here - further research last night isolated the problem to GIMP. As part of troubleshooting, I loaded up the texture in good ol' Paint, made some changes, and it worked. So something about how GIMP is exporting a JPG is off, because when I simply overwrote the file in Paint, it worked.

Hopefully this helps anyone reading this troubleshoot their own issues .
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote