Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ratified American Baseball Association

I hope this fits here -

OVERVIEW
Well every year Since OOTP 6 I have been playing Orioles (66,69,70,71,79,83) and the Mets (69,86) Schedules as a Solo project... Well now that I am older and retired and disabled, I decided to start a Solo project that will last me a lifetime...

A while back I started and on-line league RABA which disbanded after one-season, due to lack of membership... Well I always enjoyed the concept, so what I have done is brought the league name back to life and followed most of the original concepts....

The year will be 1903 with 2 Leagues of 8 teams each, placed into 2 divisions per league. There will be the ML and an A league and a R league to start. All the teams are fictional names and based on towns and cities all east of the Mississippi, and all the players will be random debut major leaguers from 1901 through 2018 (and as years go forward I will add)... I took many players from the 1880's and converted them into Coaches, Managers, etc (In fact I am in the process of editing some of these today)...

Another Twist although the Season has a date of 1903, I will be using the financials and stats and modifiers from 1940 (I am still trying to figure on how to handle this going forward, maybe every 3 to five years I will roll some dice to determine an advance or reversal of years based upon a variable of 0-10 years)

Anywho... I will be running this in the fashion of an on-line league (7-day SIMs 4-5 days a week) though I will be the only Human GM (Huntington Station Ramrods)... I have developed a website for Reports, Info, etc (See HERE)

I am providing the initial setup below. Also I will be posting here about league events, how and why I am doing the dumb things that I do as a GM, etc... Some features will be a Game of the Week replay (a live 3D replay)... and also fairly fast live SIM box scores....

So Here is the Initial Breakdown:

Setup for Ratified American Baseball Association

GLOBAL SETTINGS
Complete Scouting System – On
Scouting Reports – Monthly
Scouting Accuracy – Normal
Ratings - 1 to 100
Overall/Potential – 20 to 80
Overall Ratings based upon all players
Complete Coaching System – On
Owner Goals – On
Top Prospect List – Dynamic
Storylines – Enabled
-----------------------
Injury Frequency – Low
Delayed Injuries – Occasionally
Player Fatigue – Low
Suspensions – On – Very Low
Batter Aging - .875
Batter Development – 1.125
Pitcher Aging - .875
Pitcher Development – 1.125
Talent Change Randomness – 65
-------------------------
Trading Difficulty – Very Hard
Trading Preference - Neutral

LEAGUE SETTINGS
NO DH
Roster – 24
Secondary (40 Man) – 35
Expansion – 30
Spring Training – 45
Waiver Period – 8 Days
DFA Period – 15 Days
Injured List – 15 Days
Enable Options
Rule 5 Draft – December
10/5 Rule – On
Allow – Trading Injured, Wavier Trades, Draft Pick Trading
Amateur Draft – Historical 1901-2018
Draft – June (except first one is March 1st)
Rounds – 15 (First one is 80 rounds)
Draft Reveal – 60 Days Prior
Advance Draftee Signings – Off
----------------------------
Financials – 1940
Financial System – On – (-2% to +5%)
Cut Player – 15%
Min Days for 1 Year Service 172
Media Contracts – Market Size
Revenue Sharing – Luury Tax
Tax above Soft Cap – 20%
Cash Max - $25,000
-------------------------------
Schedule - 162 (2S-2D-4T) 16 total teams
22 games against 3 teams in division (11H/11A)
12 games against 4 teams in other division (6H/6A)
6 games against 8 teams in other sub leagues (3H/3A)

Playoffs – 4 Division Winners (LCS – 5 Games, LWS – 7 Games)

STATS – 1940 – Very High Detail
Hooks SP/RP – Default
Use RP – Normal
Use CL – Sometimes
Use Openers – Never
Stamina – High
NORMAL FOR THE FOLLOWING
Pinch Hit Pitchers/Position Players
Defensive Subs
Stealing Bases
Hit and Run
Bunting
Infield Shifts – Very Rarely

Well I hope you enjoy my new adventure and as always Feedback - Good, Bad, or Ugly is welcome....

Cheers
-Rock

Last edited by Fredrocker; 03-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

I have also updated most of the Team logos and the Uniforms and Caps ... All stadiums will be name modified 3D Stadiums created mostly by the Ballpark master silvam14... (a special shout out to you sir for all your dedication)...

Still need to finish off the above (about 80% done...) and I am working on evening out the Coaches field... not only the quantity of how OOTP dispersed them... but also the quality... i.e. Cap Anson might be an awesome hitting coach, instead of a bench coach... bla bla bla...

more to follow... with updates from the front...
Old 03-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

One Thing I noticed... The game produced most of the retirees as Bench Coaches... so as I am defining them as HC, PC< Scouts, etc... they all will have Management skills.... which is pretty cool as far as flexibility...

Also I dont have enough trainers... I am pondering on how to create them... maybe a list of Dr's from the 1890s... lol .... again an update...
Old 03-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Hey Gents... a Quick update... and it is pretty cool....

First off I am constantly updated the website where you will be able to find the deep info if your into following this...

Second - its 1/3/1903 and the initial RABA Draft pool is posted (website has it all) but here is the top guys for y'all here

Busy day as more is to follow...
Old 03-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

BTW I am finding NO issues of things as described in the Bug forum for importing historical players... Spritze, Markus, and Lukas et all... have always done a great job... with very little problems... both my On-Line Leagues I run cut over after the 1st off-season from the release of a new version... and No problems yet... knock on a louisville slugger...

I find 90% of the Bug postings are 'user error'
Old 03-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Here is Mr Aaron as he sits as a draftee...

Old 03-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #7
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Rest of Today is going to be adding Uniforms and better Logos to the league... I am hoping to have a 'LIVE DRAFT' next saturday at the Fredrock Baseball Network which also will contain the live game of the week replay... you might have to pic through going forward as MTBA and XFBL will also be sharing this channel for Games of the Week, Live All-Star Games, and World Series action....

Anywho.. back to uniforms... catch y'all later
Old 04-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #8
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok... Uniforms and Caps only need to be done for about 10 teams... All Teams/Cities have had Old Time Ballparks assigned...

I have been studying the Draft Pool... There is an initial 80 Rounds with 88 rounds of players... The Draft I will do Live Thursday around 1100 ET ... Later I will post some screenies of filters I use to identify players that fit my style of play...

Also fixed up some of the colors at the website including the Poor(red) - through - Excellent (blue) to get a little separation for quick look/sees...
Old 04-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #9
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok... a couple things I like to do with pitchers... 1st Off... looking at a list we can tell the top 10-20 pitchers in the draft....

But the next thing I do is isolate the following... a Pitcher who has the *186* Factor ... trust me on this... below is that filter sorted by stuff... (Filter = 62 of each Potential).. Stuff, Movement, Control

Then the next think as I have a few ideas from the above sheet is I look at this... Pitchers with 50's plus Stuff and Control, and 55 and greater Grd/FB ratio...

All this tells me... after my 'sure pickes... if Tom Hughson is around pick him... ... I find this with minor tweeks per the league is always a good guideline...

Last thing I sort by is Stuff 70 Control 60-65 and MPH 95+ as in this screen...

Ahywho this gives me some of the key features I am looking for... as for you... I am sure you got your own

Batter info to follow....

Last edited by Fredrocker; 04-01-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok... as I move slowly to the March 1st Inaugural Draft and the Start of the 1903 Spring Training... I need to identify players that suit my Management Style for picking in the later portion of the draft... Granted the Stud Batters are real obvious and I only hope that I can nad a few early on...

So here are a couple more 'Batting' filters I use... One is a 60 Contact, Eye, and K's filter... The other one is a 55 Contact and Eye and a 75 Speed with an 80 Steal....

Again I usually build my teams on pitching, defense, contact and speed... Now from all these filters and a few more I use I have been 'Shortlisting' draftee's on my radar... Shortlist works nice, for when I go to do the draft those players on the shortlist will be Capitalized...

So I should be good to go Rounds 1-8 to 10 on Thursday... Then I will adjust the filters I have been posting, etc to bring more players to the table...

DRAFT ORDER

60/60/60

SPEED/STL/55/55

POOL with SHORTLIST

SHORTLIST

Stay tune for more updates....
Old 04-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

The 1903 RABA Schedule

Old 04-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #12
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Well I had to push back the Streaming Live Draft till 1200 ET today (was 1100 ET)... We had a one game Playoff in XFBL to decide the AL East Division Champion... thus the delay...

You can see the Draft (Rounds 1-8) on the Fredrock Baseball Network
Old 04-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #13
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

The 1st Round of the 1903 RABA Draft

Also a quick look at my organization's staff

Old 04-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #14
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Will be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening addressing rounds 9-80 in the draft... then I will post some screenies of the Organization.... when the draft is complete I will upload the reports to the RABA WEBSITE
Old 04-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #15
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Go Islanders! :-)

Visit The Boardwalk for Sports, Gaming, and other talk!
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #16
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok... been very delinquent here, was spending a lot of time setting up a Championship tournament between the playoff teams in my two online leagues...

In RABA, I finished spring training, finalized my roster and live 3D SIMed opening day this morning...

I had an awesome spring winning 20 out of 24 though I did lose Ben Chapmen for 5 weeks with a fractured hand on the first day of spring training..... Ben isnt a starter but he was my first up pinch runner and backup third baseman...

Opening Day I took an 8-4 win over the Ocean City Islanders as Roy Oswalt my 1st Round (8th overall) pick in the draft pitched well, despite a couple errors made behind him... Gleyber Torres (who wasn't rated at any position during the start of spring training, but is now a 13 at 3B) had a massive day going 4-5 with a HR, three RBI's and 3 RS... He will need to stay in the lineup even if he might be a detriment in the field... The Live 3D SIM of the game was at the FBN

Also the Reports have been updated at the website to include opening day... Tomorrow I am hoping to SIM till Monday the 6th, so I can get on a 7 Day Live SIM cycle...

The website will always be updated...and I should start making some more detailed posts as each weekly SIM occurs...
Old 04-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #17
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok First week is in the book and My Ramrods went 4 and 2... Tied for first in the Rawlings Division along with the Atlantic City Rollers....

On the Award Front - I had the player of the week in the Chadwick League:
19-year-old Steve Sax sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Chadwick League Player of the Week Award. Sax made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .455 average, 10 hits in 22 at-bats, 1 home run and 3 runs batted in.
Good News is that Ben Chapman is healed and off the DL and will be placed on the 24-Man Roster before tonight's SIM. 3B Ray Jansen will be sent down to Class A Mount Sterling, Jansen did not make an appearance in a Ramrods uniform while up for his cup of coffee...

Around the league there were couple of Injuries during the first week:
  • Winchester Rockers: SP Don Gullett diagnosed with elbow inflammation, will miss 3-4 weeks.
  • Spartanburg Sparklers: 2B Augie Galan was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: Strained rib cage muscle. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 2 weeks.
  • Palm Bay Indians: SP Danny MacFayden diagnosed with back spasms, will miss 8 weeks.
  • Hoboken Hoboes: RP Chris Mears diagnosed with a damaged elbow ligament, will miss 13-14 months.

Here is the latest league standings:

Here is the up to date stats:

Remember All the Detailed Info can be found at the RABA Website including Live SIM's and sometimes 3D Games and/or Replays...

Live SIM tonight at 1930 ET....
Old 04-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #18
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Ok last night was the Week through 4/13/1903 and my Ramrods went 4-1 to take a 2.0 game lead of the Atlantic City Rollers and the Chantilly Airmen...

Tim Belcher has been an early stud in the Number 2 slot of the 4 Man Rotation... Belcher is 3-0 with an ERA of 1.23 in 3 starts. Artie Nehf the little left hander is off to a great start also, going 2-0 in his two starts as my number 3....

The offense is led by Gleyber Torres who is tied for the league lead with 6 HRs and 15 RBI's in 11 games and a slash line of .362/.392/.787 ... Behind the dish I am getting more offense than expected from Francisco Cervelli with 6 RBI's and a .378 OBP.

The Team Stats are as follows:

Another Week with a Live SIM tonight at 1900 ET ... you can catch it HERE
Old 04-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #19
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

SIM last night brought the league to April 20th, 1903...

League Notes:

26-year-old Jackie Robinson made a few Buffalo headlines during this past week as the rookie first baseman proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 10 hits in 22 at-bats to put up a .455 average. Robinson collected 4 home runs, 7 RBIs and scored 6 runs.

It's always a thrill for fans of the team and students of the game alike when a superstar in the making shows what he's got. Larry Parrish, the Winchester Rockers 18-year-old third baseman, put himself in the spotlight last week making him the clear-cut choice for Doubleday League Player of the Week honors. He ripped 8 hits in 22 at-bats, compiling a .364 average with 4 home runs and 10 RBIs. In this current campaign Parrish is hitting at a .302 clip with 5 home runs and 15 RBIs.

RAMRODS:

Well at 10 Wins and 6 Loses my Ramrods are holding first place in the Rawlings Division with a one game lead over the Chantilly Airman... Tom Seaver who was off to a rough start has been sent down to Class A Mount Sterling to work on his mechanics... In his place, and his spot in the rotation is young phenom Lefty Williams, in spring training Williams showed excellent control on his three pitches; Fastball, Curve, and a Change of pace...

Offensively Gleyber Torres had a quiet week after his feverish start... but Al Schweitzer has picked up his team mate with a great week... Schweitzer playing with a bruised thigh still put up a .563/.632/.1000 slash line...

Below is some stats of where the Ramrods team stands within the league in batting and pitching...

Finally a look at the RABA Standings...

Another SIM tonight (Real-Time SIM) right HERE
Old 04-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #20
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

April 27th, 1903

Ramrods move to 14-9 and maintain a one game lead over the Atlantic City Rollers in the Rawlings Division of the Chadwick League... Chattanooga Choo Choo's have the best record in RABA at 16-7....

Ramrods dig deep against the Airmen of Chantilly... Down 3-1 entering the 8th inning at Airmen Field on April 24th the Ramrods score 1 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th to take a 4-3 victory. In the top of the 9th, Huntington Station took the lead on a 2-run double by Steve Sax. At the time, the Ramrods were trailing 3-2, but Sax's hit with two outs against Chantilly pitcher Ian Thomas put them in front, 4-3.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

Phil B Clark demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. The Chattanooga third baseman wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .400 average (12-for-30) with 5 home runs and 10 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. In 1903 Clark has hit at a .365 clip with 19 hits, 6 home runs, 12 RBIs and has scored 10 times.

So far in his young career, Mike Macfarlane has kept a low profile, but after his performance at the plate last week, he attracted the notice of the rest of the Chadwick League in a big way as he was named the Player of the Week today for his efforts. The 21-year-old Ocean City Islanders catcher hit at a torrid .615 clip as he collected 8 hits in 13 at-bats, 3 home runs, 6 RBIs and 6 runs scored. So far this season Macfarlane is batting .526 with 3 home runs.

OF NOTE:

Tracers End Gehrig's Streak

Friday, April 24th, 1903
It was a doubly miserable day today for Lou Gehrig of the Worcester Riders, as he saw his 20-game hitting streak end and his team lose 19-2 to the Buffalo Tracers at Worcester Fair Grounds. The 17-year-old first baseman was held hitless in 4 at-bats by the Tracers. "Anyone on a 20-game hitting streak is going to be a tough out," Buffalo manager Dave Rowe said later. "But we had a plan and we were careful about it, and got it done." Thus far this year Gehrig has hit .325 with 7 home runs and 18 RBIs.

Remember you can catch all the action at the RABA WEBSITE and also a real time sim today at 1100 ET right HERE...