Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Lunar Sale - Save Big on OOTP and Perfect Points! All-Star Game sale, FHM 6 is 50% Off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 02:47 AM   #41
traylor45
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 65
Thanks: 82
Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Personally, the "play the 27 Yankees to get free packs" feels like an exploit to me.
I thought this had already been addressed by the fact that I can't spam the 27 Yankees 24/7 and get a new pack every hour. Pretty sure if it's not explicitly stated on here, it's at least been heavily implied there's an unknown timer on how often packs are allowed to drop.

If that's in place, then there shouldn't be any qualms with what teams people are using to get those packs, because they can't get them any more often than you guys want. And shouldn't be punished for finding a way to get them as quickly after that timer pops as possible.
traylor45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #42
Threnodas
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Thanks: 18
Thanked 122x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traylor45 View Post
I thought this had already been addressed by the fact that I can't spam the 27 Yankees 24/7 and get a new pack every hour. Pretty sure if it's not explicitly stated on here, it's at least been heavily implied there's an unknown timer on how often packs are allowed to drop.

If that's in place, then there shouldn't be any qualms with what teams people are using to get those packs, because they can't get them any more often than you guys want. And shouldn't be punished for finding a way to get them as quickly after that timer pops as possible.
The question is, what are they incentivizing, and whom are they rewarding? It seems like the goal should be to promote crossover between PT and solo play, so that players of one mode try out the other and find more reasons to love OOTP. The current system incentivizes ... spamming simulations of the '27 Yankees, which has very little to do with what solo play has to offer. The current system says, "Sure, you could take over the current Orioles and play out every game yourself as you GM the team through a rebuild, but it'll cost you in PT because you aren't simming the Bronx Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals." The current system rewards "managing" by picking the best team in history and pressing "Play Until..." instead of actually playing the world's best baseball management sim game. Why is that?

Last edited by Threnodas; 02-07-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #43
zrog2000
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 584
Thanked 888x in 528 posts
Just let the FTP players have their free pack once or twice a week FFS. It's their only bonus.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Camelsback (02-10-2019), SlinkyTWF (02-14-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #44
Threnodas
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Thanks: 18
Thanked 122x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Just let the FTP players have their free pack once or twice a week FFS. It's their only bonus.
I'm a FTP player who likes to get lost in solo play, arguing that a free pack once or twice a week for no reason at all makes more sense than a free pack for the 8675309th in silico experiment to determine just how much better the '27 Yankees were than the rest of the AL. I'm not asking to take rewards away from FTP players, I'm asking to reward FTP players for, like, playing.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #45
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48x in 33 posts
Are there any Smead Jolley cards in existence? He's one of my favorite historical players.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #46
Let'sGoBraves
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Thanks: 5
Thanked 34x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbuttercream View Post
If I could get 1985 Rickey, I would be sooooooo happy.

>Top WAR, SP Zack Greinke, KC, 2009 96 9

I actually pulled one, now I wish I didn't sell it.
I was lucky enough to pull one. I pulled it with a Braves theme team so I sold it for just over 100,000. I haven't seen another on the market.
Let'sGoBraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #47
Camelsback
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 13
Thanked 10x in 4 posts
.

Last edited by Camelsback; 02-10-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: wrong post
Camelsback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #48
Renfro
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 159
Thanks: 561
Thanked 105x in 54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
The question is, what are they incentivizing, and whom are they rewarding? It seems like the goal should be to promote crossover between PT and solo play, so that players of one mode try out the other and find more reasons to love OOTP. The current system incentivizes ... spamming simulations of the '27 Yankees, which has very little to do with what solo play has to offer.
I think the question is interesting but your answer is too limiting.

The fact is, we as consumers do not know all the motivations why free packs are awarded every 72 hours via Challenge Mode.

And what about this answer: the current system does incentivize keeping f2p players interested in Perfect Team, thus increasing the numbers of people actively engaged in this new mode of game.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #49
reo
Minors (Triple A)
 
reo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern California (east bay)
Posts: 206
Thanks: 106
Thanked 24x in 20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traylor45 View Post
it's at least been heavily implied there's an unknown timer on how often packs are allowed to drop.
I was told (in Discord) it's 72 hours.
__________________
Richie Renard: Come on Bobby! Hit a Home Run!
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:15 AM   #50
Renfro
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 159
Thanks: 561
Thanked 105x in 54 posts
Pulled a Rare Card

Pulled a Top WAR Feller ... on my all-Milwaukee themed team.





According to the OP, there were only 10 of these pulled.

Guess it's time to tear down the all-Milwaukee franchise. Even with Diamond Spahn, Yelich, Mathews, and Braun I don't think we were ever going to get out of Silver anyway.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kris Jardine (02-24-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #51
stl jason
Hall Of Famer
 
stl jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,218
Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 1,605x in 1,032 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
Pulled a Top WAR Feller ... on my all-Milwaukee themed team.





According to the OP, there were only 10 of these pulled.

Guess it's time to tear down the all-Milwaukee franchise. Even with Diamond Spahn, Yelich, Mathews, and Braun I don't think we were ever going to get out of Silver anyway.
just switch to something like a "Great Lakes" club so you can pull players in from Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.... then he fits
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Renfro (02-22-2019), webdox (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #52
Renfro
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 159
Thanks: 561
Thanked 105x in 54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
just switch to something like a "Great Lakes" club so you can pull players in from Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.... then he fits
That is genius!!! I'm on it for next week.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
stl jason (02-22-2019), webdox (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #53
webdox
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 271
Thanks: 187
Thanked 130x in 75 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
just switch to something like a "Great Lakes" club so you can pull players in from Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.... then he fits
Your brilliance is going to cost me more FastSpring...

I have an all Tigers team yet I have been toying with perhaps adding Brouthers to the roster though he was a Wolverine.

Could also at Toronto players to that list with your idea!

EDIT: and Buffalo...

EDIT EDIT: To that end a nice 1914 Russ Ford Buffalo Buffeds Historical would be a nice addition

Thanks.

Last edited by webdox; 02-22-2019 at 10:54 AM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Renfro (02-22-2019), stl jason (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #54
Renfro
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 159
Thanks: 561
Thanked 105x in 54 posts
To satisfy the pretty common tendency for alliteration, and to help narrow down the great pool of players, I'm going to change my Cream City Crew to the Great Lakes Ghosts (officially the Ghosts of the Great Lakes), featuring deceased players from cities on any of the Great Lakes.

Fun times! The only problem is finding a backup catcher to Darrell Porter (MIL).
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
webdox (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #55
Westheim
Hall Of Famer
 
Westheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 2,492
Thanked 5,136x in 2,903 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
Fun times! The only problem is finding a backup catcher to Darrell Porter (MIL).
Gary Carter?

Edit: Nevermind, my Canadian geography was way off for a moment. -.-
__________________
Portland Raccoons, 57 years of excell-.... of baseball: Furballs here!
1983 * 1989 * 1991 * 1992 * 1993 * 1995 * 1996 * 2010 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 * 2026 * 2028
1 OSANAI
: 2 POWELL : 8 REECE : 10 BROWN : 15 HALL : 28 CASAS : 32 WEST : 39 TONER : 46 SAITO

Resident Mets Cynic




Last edited by Westheim; 02-22-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #56
stl jason
Hall Of Famer
 
stl jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,218
Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 1,605x in 1,032 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
To satisfy the pretty common tendency for alliteration, and to help narrow down the great pool of players, I'm going to change my Cream City Crew to the Great Lakes Ghosts (officially the Ghosts of the Great Lakes), featuring deceased players from cities on any of the Great Lakes.

Fun times! The only problem is finding a backup catcher to Darrell Porter (MIL).
Mickey Cochrane played for Detroit a few seasons at the end of his career.... if you can find him in the AH....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #57
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 59
Thanks: 6
Thanked 26x in 22 posts
I'm currently platooning Darrell Porter with Jody Davis (CHI) on my main team, so that's an option too.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #58
elutz31
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 93
Thanks: 47
Thanked 56x in 34 posts
I personally had stopped playing OOTP19 months before the perfect league drew me back in. If it wasn't for the perfect league I wouldn't have played any challenge mode until 2020 came out. So I do agree it's a nice added bonus and wouldn't mind seeing it stay in the game in some format.

I haven't used the 27 Yankees method myself but do something similar. I run a new historic league, setting it to use random players from all eras in 2017, then run an inaugural draft. First season is usually above average but after the season is over I pick up every free agent with a 4 rating or higher by back-loading their contracts. I'll trade off much of my original team to get the first 3-5 draft picks in the first round. By season 2 between 3-5 hall of fame rookies and 10-15 4-5 star free agents my team will typically win 120-140 games a year and most awards. With it being a new league and random players the hitters are ridiculous as there aren't enough good pitchers in the league yet. The top hitters will bat over .400 hit 80-90+ home runs and have over 200 rbi. I run this for 3-4 seasons until the hitters start to normalize and hit 40-50 homers. By that time I usually have a free pack anyway.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:23 AM   #59
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
5rings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 30
Thanks: 30
Thanked 10x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
I personally had stopped playing OOTP19 months before the perfect league drew me back in. If it wasn't for the perfect league I wouldn't have played any challenge mode until 2020 came out. So I do agree it's a nice added bonus and wouldn't mind seeing it stay in the game in some format.

I haven't used the 27 Yankees method myself but do something similar. I run a new historic league, setting it to use random players from all eras in 2017, then run an inaugural draft. First season is usually above average but after the season is over I pick up every free agent with a 4 rating or higher by back-loading their contracts. I'll trade off much of my original team to get the first 3-5 draft picks in the first round. By season 2 between 3-5 hall of fame rookies and 10-15 4-5 star free agents my team will typically win 120-140 games a year and most awards. With it being a new league and random players the hitters are ridiculous as there aren't enough good pitchers in the league yet. The top hitters will bat over .400 hit 80-90+ home runs and have over 200 rbi. I run this for 3-4 seasons until the hitters start to normalize and hit 40-50 homers. By that time I usually have a free pack anyway.
Stupid question--how do you trade for draft picks?
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:23 PM   #60
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 73
Thanks: 9
Thanked 51x in 29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5rings View Post
Stupid question--how do you trade for draft picks?
At game setup, you can go into advance mode and if you turn on the option to hold an amateur draft each year, there are additional options made available that let you trade future draft picks, recently drafted players, etc.

You can only trade draft picks for the next draft, and not for future years. Since the human player knows in advance some of the high level talent coming out in the next draft, and the AI does not, it’s a way to spam the system to acquire high level of talent below market cost.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
5rings (02-25-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments