Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 10-31-2018, 01:03 AM   #81
RCGG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I'm sorry, but you don't speak for everyone. I don't care at all about football, basketball, or hockey. This is the baseball offseason for me. I am pumped for this game because it will keep me connected to baseball during the long cold winter.

I am not the only one either... Rogers Hornsby agreed with me. "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Well, now he would have Perfect Team to fill the void. Too late for him, but not for the rest of us.

This was merely me stating they would not attract new customers in the offseason, out of view out of mind and all that, the heroin addicts that are the blood of their operation won't be phased obviously.
RCGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:59 AM   #82
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,773x in 6,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrat View Post
Since everyone is getting a starter pack what is the quality of these players that we start with? All bronze or will we have a chance to get a couple silver players?
The ratio of regular / bronze / silver / gold cards in the 6 starter packs is pre-determined, so everyone starts off with a similar talent base.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
pgjocki (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:10 AM   #83
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 155x in 73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The ratio of regular / bronze / silver / gold cards in the 6 starter packs is pre-determined, so everyone starts off with a similar talent base.
A probabilistically similar talent base, or an actually similar one?

By which I mean, are the card-quality distributions for the starter packs weighted but random so that every player has the same chances for different qualities of cards? Or are the numbers of each type of card fixed for starter packs, which means that every player has exactly the same number of certain kinds of cards?
sansterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #84
Bluehead
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Since you are now aiming for November 1 for the start of the Perfect Team Public Beta, will you make an announcement at what time the beta will start?
Bluehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:05 AM   #85
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Thanked 451x in 252 posts
Question - Will you need to submit your team at the start of each new season or will your team from the previous week be automatically submitted in case you do not have time to update or make changes between seasons.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #86
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,948x in 3,871 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Question - Will you need to submit your team at the start of each new season or will your team from the previous week be automatically submitted in case you do not have time to update or make changes between seasons.
There is a settings screen where you set control of rosters, lineups, etc. to yourself. Once you do that, it will use your last submission including from one season to the next.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #87
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 27x in 19 posts
so how does joining a league occur, is it automatic or will it be a manual "find a league" that will allow us time to add our friends so we can be linked up in a league
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #88
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,185x in 759 posts
From what i've gathered - at first, you'd be in the entry league. i believe it goes Monday to Monday. So if you joined on Thursday, you'd be moved to rookie league (or whatever next level will be) the upcoming Monday. After that, i think it will depend on how you do in that league whether or not you get moved up or not.

friends in the same league? i read somewhere (can't recall where) you can mark other managers as "friends" and the next time leagues are shuffled (7 days i think for a season) the AI would try to link friends into the same league. But i'm pretty vague on how that works to be honest.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #89
justafish2002
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 24x in 20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansterre View Post
A probabilistically similar talent base, or an actually similar one?

By which I mean, are the card-quality distributions for the starter packs weighted but random so that every player has the same chances for different qualities of cards? Or are the numbers of each type of card fixed for starter packs, which means that every player has exactly the same number of certain kinds of cards?
Positions and rarity are set for the initial 6 packs. So you are guaranteed so many iron, bronze, silver, gold etc. You are also guaranteed a guy at every position and some backups. The difference between teams at the beginning will stem from how those rarities end up assigned to positions (i.e. if I get a gold SP, you may not get one, but you'll get a gold 1B)
justafish2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehead View Post
Since you are now aiming for November 1 for the start of the Perfect Team Public Beta, will you make an announcement at what time the beta will start?
We'll probably start November 2nd, and then around noon ET I guess
Old 10-31-2018, 09:49 AM   #91
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
From what i've gathered - at first, you'd be in the entry league. i believe it goes Monday to Monday. So if you joined on Thursday, you'd be moved to rookie league (or whatever next level will be) the upcoming Monday. After that, i think it will depend on how you do in that league whether or not you get moved up or not.
A full simulated season lasts from Monday through Sunday. When you join PT on a Thursday, you will remain in the Entry Pool until Monday morning, which is when you will be promoted to the Rookie Leagues for the next season.

Quote:
friends in the same league? i read somewhere (can't recall where) you can mark other managers as "friends" and the next time leagues are shuffled (7 days i think for a season) the AI would try to link friends into the same league. But i'm pretty vague on how that works to be honest.
Yes, that's how it will work eventually. The beta will not have that feature yet, though.
2 thanks for this post:
mitchkenn (10-31-2018), nickwatic (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #92
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 27x in 19 posts
is there a projected date as to when the beta will conclude, giving us the friends feature?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:44 AM   #93
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 19x in 15 posts
ugh, one more day tacked onto the wait.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #94
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
is there a projected date as to when the beta will conclude, giving us the friends feature?
If all goes well then the public beta will last about 3-4 weeks. During that time we will finish the following features / screens:
- Manager lists & friend feature (so you can check out other manager's profiles & trophy case, even if he is not in your own league)
- Perfect Team Universe screen. That will give an overview of the whole system and let's you see info (standings & league leaders) of different leagues (See the mockup below)
- Leagues named after famous baseball players (instead of the current format which uses greek letters)
- Playing Challenge Mode will award users PT player card packs on occasion when unlocking achievements
- PT Universe record book (eg. most wins in a season, most HRs both team & individual player etc.)
- Unlock the option to purchase Perfect Points

6 thanks for this post:
el_gringo (10-31-2018), Lukas Berger (10-31-2018), Maddox (10-31-2018), nickwatic (10-31-2018), Rayzor (10-31-2018), SF_49er (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #95
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 27x in 19 posts
So is the update tomorrow or November 2nd? There are 2 separate threads with conflicting release dates
Old 10-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #96
SayHey1
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
So is the update tomorrow or November 2nd? There are 2 separate threads with conflicting release dates

I'm going with November 2nd as this is the date most RECENTLY confirmed by Marcus.

Lets hope that's the last "push back".
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:48 PM   #97
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Yes, we're planning on the 2nd as of now

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #98
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Thanked 451x in 252 posts
In anticipation of tomorrow's release, are there certain things that must be done first? Obviously, opening the cards and setting your lineups and pitching staff. Are there any options that we will be locked out of once we do the first submit? Can team names, uniforms, stadium all be tweaked at any time?
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #99
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
In anticipation of tomorrow's release, are there certain things that must be done first? Obviously, opening the cards and setting your lineups and pitching staff. Are there any options that we will be locked out of once we do the first submit? Can team names, uniforms, stadium all be tweaked at any time?
You'll need to have a Challenge Mode account. Then to download the patch, of course.

After the initial setup, where you get your starter packs and set your team name/logos/roster/lineups etc. your team will get placed in a entry league, and there might be a bit of a time lapse where nothing happens then while the entry league is filling up.

I believe team names, uniforms, stadium can all be tweaked for up to 30 days after the start of a season, but not beyond that.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #100
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
You'll need to have a Challenge Mode account. Then to download the patch, of course.

After the initial setup, where you get your starter packs and set your team name/logos/roster/lineups etc. your team will get placed in a entry league, and there might be a bit of a time lapse where nothing happens then while the entry league is filling up.

I believe team names, uniforms, stadium can all be tweaked for up to 30 days after the start of a season, but not beyond that.
Uniforms etc. can be tweaked all the time. The ballpark not, it can only be customized while in the Entry Pool or prior / after each regular season.
2 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (11-01-2018), Maddox (11-01-2018)