Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #81
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

At least now I don't have to make all the players move manually like before (which was a long pain in the ass)... so it's a step in the right direction, I didn't gave up on the 19th century since I bought my first game (OOTP 2007) and I certainly won't now.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #82
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
In order for 19th century play to get finished/fixed we need way more than the 15 players that currently play it. Most gamers start with 1901 because the early years make no sense the way they are now.
It's because it's a lot of work to do manually, if it became easier to play it will become more popular. I'm sure most of the historical players would want to start at the real beginning of professional baseball.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #83
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Think i got it down now. I started a new league in 1871. I was able to get the correct teams. I had to manually expand. Its not that difficult once you know which players to delete from the 1872 expansion teams so you don't have duplicate players. Simming 1871 didn't take long as i only had to make a couple of manager changes. Its not that bad once you have a system and your organized.
But none if would have worked in 18 without the work Spritze did. I may tend to go overboard with historical accuracy as i use actual historical owners but if spritze had not got the database to work i most likely would have given up and just started a league in 1903.
Attached Images
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 PM   #84
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I'm up and running with the two league Spritze version. Since I'm still in May and play out my games, it will be a while before I test out expansion.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #85
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

I check back here every single day waiting to see if Spritze has finished 18 year old debut yet...it's the only way to play.
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #86
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Per Matt Arnold, the new fielding fields are not used. I just found this out a few days ago so really it is now all done given that info. I'll put this on dropbox as soon as I can.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:01 AM   #87
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

That made my day...thanks Spritze, you are the best
Old 09-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #88
BrianSul
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I should admit here that I am one of the gamers that used to play 19th century and now start in 1901.
Thanks
I also prefer to start in 1901 as well.

But one thing bugs me is that all of the league records are from the 1880 and 1890 and I would like to reset them so that all league records start from 1901 and after.
BrianSul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #89
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcbm8q99jz...OTP18.zip?dl=0

SPRITZE HIGH SCHOOL DATABASE FOR OOTP 18
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #90
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #91
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Weekend=Made

Thanks Spritze. Hope you feel better
Old 10-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #92
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Noticed Ed Mckenna imports in 1874 but his real life stats are from 1884.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

fixed
Old 10-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #94
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Came across another one that might need to be checked.
I found Barney Gilligan was importing in 1875 but i think his first year was 1879.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #95
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

fixed
Old 10-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #96
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Can you check on Fred Goldsmith?
He debuted in 1875 for New Haven but the game has him debuting in 1879 for Troy as well as 1875 for New Haven. I think its the same player as the Goldsmith that debuted in 1875 played for Troy in 1879.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:29 PM   #97
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Fred Goldsmith debuts in 1875. Only one in the database. No change made.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:41 AM   #98
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fred Goldsmith debuts in 1875. Only one in the database. No change made.
Thanks for checking. Not sure how i got 2 Fred Goldsmiths. I went back and replayed the years and this time only one appeared.

Gotta say i am up to 1879 and i have yet to see a roster crash.
Keep in mind i am playing with the same league format and actual rosters. I think its running better than my previous one because this time
i didn't release players after last game played but just let the game release them at the end of the year.
The game should even it out by playing the player close to his amount of games depending on injuries on the roster.

But i think the extra players you mentioned should help and are needed if you play a different schedule. Since some teams didn't play a full season.

I have found that league history will show deleted players. This would affect creating a 3rd league like the UA because you would either have duplicate players or if you delete them and move the imported players to the UA the deleted players show up in league history. Otherwise i dont think it would be a problem.

Boston won 4 of the 5 championships from 1871-1875 and Al Spalding had 197 wins to lead the National Association.
Its a little bit of work but once i set everything in my spreadsheet its just a matter of proceeding to each date.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #99
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

For some reason when I use the HS database nobody shows up in the amateur draft.

I started the league in 1901 with an inaugural draft. Amateur draft date set to December 15th (default) with draft pool reveal date set to 30 days before the draft. When the draft pool is revealed there are no names there. On draft day there is no draft pool. It seems the 1902 amateurs are getting dumped into the free agent pool on the first day of the off-season.

So, I figured maybe it has something to do with the draft pool being revealed after the off-season starts. For the next season I changed it to be revealed around October 1st. Same result. Rookies get dumped into the free agent pool and there is no draft.

Started the league all over again and tried having a draft in the middle of the season. Same thing happened. In 1905, Ty Cobb entered the free agent pool with 97 days of service time and was not on the top prospect list going into the next season.

Not sure if this is the database or an issue with the game itself, I was playing 1901 with the standard database before but I was playing out every game and never got to the first amateur draft to see if this issue occurs using both databases.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
For some reason when I use the HS database nobody shows up in the amateur draft.

I started the league in 1901 with an inaugural draft. Amateur draft date set to December 15th (default) with draft pool reveal date set to 30 days before the draft. When the draft pool is revealed there are no names there. On draft day there is no draft pool. It seems the 1902 amateurs are getting dumped into the free agent pool on the first day of the off-season.

So, I figured maybe it has something to do with the draft pool being revealed after the off-season starts. For the next season I changed it to be revealed around October 1st. Same result. Rookies get dumped into the free agent pool and there is no draft.

Started the league all over again and tried having a draft in the middle of the season. Same thing happened. In 1905, Ty Cobb entered the free agent pool with 97 days of service time and was not on the top prospect list going into the next season.

Not sure if this is the database or an issue with the game itself, I was playing 1901 with the standard database before but I was playing out every game and never got to the first amateur draft to see if this issue occurs using both databases.
This is a bug since OOTP17. I do not know what changed in the program nor how to fix it. Whatever year you start in there is no draft in year 1. It is the main reason I stopped updating the Spritze database.