Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:39 AM   #1
haveband
All Star Reserve

Roster team needs help!!!!!

You heard right... We can really use a couple more people to help out on the roster team.

I will make this brief and simple.... Please do not request to join the roster team, get in Beta and then not do anything just to get a free copy. Lukas or myself will immediately remove you. Also, we're looking for those guys that are like myself... anal retentive and obsessed with the making of a great roster set

If you sit up at night trying to perfect rosters all day, then hey we're for you.. Because literally right now Lukas and I and others are working on the rosters as we speak. As a matter of fact I just got done creating Tucson Saguaros SS Pedro Rondon

All those interested, reply here on PM myself or Lukas.

Thanks,
HB
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:44 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Yeah guys, we can really use some good help here.

OOTP17 is going to be the best version ever, by a long ways, and we need the rosters to be the best ever as well. We're well on the way to getting there, but we need a few more good men. Please, let us know if you're interested!

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 AM   #3
aquapong
Major Leagues

For those of us who have no idea what the roster team is...what is it?
aquapong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquapong View Post
For those of us who have no idea what the roster team is...what is it?
We make the MLB and International league rosters that come with the game.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quick roster question: How are you going to spell the last name of those two Cubans who just defected? Will it be "Gurriel" as in the linked source, or "Gourriel" or some similar variant like it was in OOTP16?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Quick roster question: How are you going to spell the last name of those two Cubans who just defected? Will it be "Gurriel" as in the linked source, or "Gourriel" or some similar variant like it was in OOTP16?
I believe they're actually using the Gurriel variant now, so we've changed it to that.

I don't get the deal with Cuban names changing everytime a guy comes to MLB but whatever...
Old 02-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

What is it you need us to do?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
What is it you need us to do?
There'd be lots of different projects, whoever we add will generally be able to choose from among a few different things.

Some examples are: adding new players to the db (that's a big one), changing contract data, collecting stats, updating rosters to reflect real life movement, tons of different possible things really.

If someone knows the rating system well we might even assign them to re-rate players in a certain league, but that likely wouldn't be something we'd assign for most folks who join the team till after they've been around for a while.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-09-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We're getting a lot of interest, far more than we have slots on the beta team available, so if you are interested, please tell us a bit more about your baseball interests, OOTP modding experience (if any) and especially why you think you'd be a good choice.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #10
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
You heard right... We can really use a couple more people to help out on the roster team.

I will make this brief and simple.... Please do not request to join the roster team, get in Beta and then not do anything just to get a free copy. Lukas or myself will immediately remove you. Also, we're looking for those guys that are like myself... anal retentive and obsessed with the making of a great roster set

If you sit up at night trying to perfect rosters all day, then hey we're for you.. Because literally right now Lukas and I and others are working on the rosters as we speak. As a matter of fact I just got done creating Tucson Saguaros SS Pedro Rondon

All those interested, reply here on PM myself or Lukas.

Thanks,
HB
Tucson Saguaros!! So excited that team is happening--I grew up in Tucson going to Spring Training and AAA games, and seeing the town lose all 3 Spring Training teams and our AAA team within 5 years was devastating. An independent league team isn't the same, but it's a lot better than nothing.

Anyway, would it be helpful to have someone to pick through the international database looking for mis-attributed players? I did some of that for this version and reported it in the Bug Thread.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 PM   #11
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
We're getting a lot of interest, far more than we have slots on the beta team available, so if you are interested, please tell us a bit more about your baseball interests, OOTP modding experience (if any) and especially why you think you'd be a good choice.
so in other words you don't want to know if they like to take long walks on the beach?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
so in other words you don't want to know if they like to take long walks on the beach?
That might be TMI
Old 02-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #13
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I am definitely interested, but the only question I have is what is the expectation on time spent working on the rosters? Just trying to see if I have the time to squeeze in a couple of hours of work at night and on weekends around my normal work schedule and raising a 4 year old.

Basically I want to make sure I can live up to the standards that you guys have already set
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
I am definitely interested, but the only question I have is what is the expectation on time spent working on the rosters? Just trying to see if I have the time to squeeze in a couple of hours of work at night and on weekends around my normal work schedule and raising a 4 year old.

Basically I want to make sure I can live up to the standards that you guys have already set
There's no specific commitment required and obviously we realize that real life comes first.

We mostly just want folks who will take this seriously and do what they can when they have the time to do so.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #15
haveband
All Star Reserve

I am completely overwhelmed.... There are so many amazing candidates this year. Its truly difficult to decide who to pick for the team. Lukas and I are racking our brains trying to pick the few that we're allowed to add, but you guys are making it too damned difficult.... But in a good way
Old 02-11-2016, 04:20 PM   #16
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

One year, I'll actually be able to scout draftees in person, but this isn't the year to do it. Maybe for OOTP19?

Last edited by bwburke94; 02-11-2016 at 04:22 PM.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 AM   #17
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

IMO, this is the most important team. Having great rosters every year is wonderful. Having been part of the team a while back, I understand the hard work you guys go through as well as the scrutiny you face every year.

Keep up the great work.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #18
tysnkole6
Major Leagues

Hopefully you guys have removed Jenry Mejia after the news today, or at least coded him into a permanent MLB suspension lol
tysnkole6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #19
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysnkole6 View Post
Hopefully you guys have removed Jenry Mejia after the news today, or at least coded him into a permanent MLB suspension lol
Yessir.. I did it, because it would have been too hard for Lukas as a Mets fan to deal with
Old 02-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Yessir.. I did it, because it would have been too hard for Lukas as a Mets fan to deal with
I did chip in by setting both his intelligence and leadership to 1