Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 12-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #41
wodi
All Star Reserve

Anything to enhance the minor league system I feel is by far the most important to improving the game
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #42
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Liking the Chk. Box idea for historical league settings and changes...
Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #43
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
I know that this has been mentioned in other threads (and possibly this one) but just to reiterate:

When simming historical leagues, have the option of having real-life historical changes take place at the appropriate time. ...
Oh yeah, I almost forgot ... if this change is implemented, there should be a News message telling us what historical changes are about to happen in years when changes occur. I'd hate to find out in October that wildcards were enabled for this season.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #44
phillupi
All Star Reserve

The one change/addition I would like is to be able to create a league with teams from various years. For example 27 Yanks, 75 Reds, 09 Red Sox etc.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #45
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Oh and expansion to add teams at appropriate times either automatic or manually.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #46
wodi
All Star Reserve

I'm selfish and stubborn I know.

I don't play much historical so don't have much need for any changes there, but wouldn't a change to minor league system vastly improve the game for all, historical players and non historical players.

I think something like adding expansion drafts and tons of historical options is never going to happen, it's too much.

This game is made to be played over multiple seasons, whether that's starting in 2014 or 1935. A minor league that is nothing more than simply an extra list of players is unacceptable. And that has to be the #1 part of the game to improve.

No one can convince me that anything other than an upgrade to the minor league system is the most necessary addition.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #47
BradC
All Star Starter

I forget if I talked about the minor league upgrade in this thread, but the problem is that current iOS devices can't handle running the minors (even just one level) in addition to the majors. Not enough RAM.

The very latest iOS devices may be capable, but we need to reach the widest possible audience.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #48
phillupi
All Star Reserve

On board Brad. Patiently awaiting. In it for the long haul. Don't know how I'd get through Nov to Feb without iootp.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #49
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Same here...( iootp has also gotten me back into c&d baseball as well. Thanks!)
Old 12-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #50
wodi
All Star Reserve

Yeah you have brad, I just keep bringing it up to keep it at the forefront of conversation because I feel so strongly as to how much it needs improvement.

The minors don't need to have stats, but just something that makes it more than just a list. Even if it was different levels with green arrows and red arrows and you had to pay attention to when you promoted players.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #51
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

How about the new free agent compensation system
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #52
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Also a filtering system for searching for players to get, similar to OOTPs, along with stats like minimum amount of games played
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #53
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
The one change/addition I would like is to be able to create a league with teams from various years. For example 27 Yanks, 75 Reds, 09 Red Sox etc.
Or be able to replace a team with their historical counterpart and use that team in the current season. For instance start with the 2015 season, but replace the current Yankees with the 27 Yankees and move the current Yankee players into the Minors or make them FAs.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #54
wodi
All Star Reserve

The pitching logic needs to be looked at. As you get deeper into non historical seasons, AI bullpens become filled with starting pitchers.

I believe part of the problem is the random draft classes generate too many starters and not enough relievers

Another problem I think is in the games coding, where starters are valued over relievers no matter what, so if the CPU is looking to fill a bullpen spot they would rather use a starter.

You'll also see starting pitchers age and be transferred to the bullpen. Pretty much every starter, even extremely talented, hall of fame starters will pitch in the bullpen as they age.

I think this needs to be looked at
Old 12-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #55
Roger
Bat Boy

Graphics

I would like to see real baseball backdrops, rather than the cartoonish figures shown on PBP screen, etc.
Also the ability to seamlessly install the season packs I have purchased to the new version.

Last edited by Roger; 12-25-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #56
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

To eliminate a small annoying thing ... can we get the pitch count on the Field View screen for both teams? Currently we can see our pitchers' counts, but not the opponents'. Yeah, I know it's on the Pitcher/Batter screen. Like I said, minor complaint ... easy fix?
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #57
ntaylorut
Bat Boy

How about in fictional leagues, the ability to reduce the number of games played.
ntaylorut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #58
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
The pitching logic needs to be looked at. As you get deeper into non historical seasons, AI bullpens become filled with starting pitchers.

I believe part of the problem is the random draft classes generate too many starters and not enough relievers

Another problem I think is in the games coding, where starters are valued over relievers no matter what, so if the CPU is looking to fill a bullpen spot they would rather use a starter.

You'll also see starting pitchers age and be transferred to the bullpen. Pretty much every starter, even extremely talented, hall of fame starters will pitch in the bullpen as they age.

I think this needs to be looked at

Just bumping this. I know most of you guys like to play historical, but for those of us who don't, this is an issue I have noticed to be a problem. When 11 of 12 pitchers on all cpu teams are starters or former starters, I think it needs to be addressed.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #59
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Does anybody else's screen open upside down?

If not, I guess I'll have to live with it.

Otherwise, I'd like this bug to be fixed. I have an IPad 2 and the latest IOS.

Thx
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #60
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
#4: In the Amateur Draft, it would be good if you could get a recommendation from your scouting staff without having to actually draft that player.
#5: Shop Player Around, when trading.
These two would be nice. I also like to set the difficulty level.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote