Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #441
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I'm pretty silly because I require all the cards I lock to be in mint condition, even if I never activate them again. So although I could get a good deal on a mission piece, if it has stats it's going back on the AH.

By the way I also make sure all players on my team have appropriate jersey numbers from their career. Though perhaps that's a more normal OCD? Or not?
I'm fortunate that my MINT OCD has limits. I only care about players that will be generating stats for my team. I will happily lock away used cards without a second thought. I feel for you, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
On the contrary; to complete a slate of collections like this, you'd have to monitor the AH dozens of times a day, every day, for weeks. I think I might not be taking it seriously enough. If anything, it's more a statement of "hey these cards are there if you're willing to put in the time and watch the AH like a hawk".
Fair enough. I just thought when we start throwing out terms like dishonest, it gets us away from enjoying this game and one another's [virtual] company.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #442
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Interesting to see the different styles on Collections. Some people sell all the SE cards as their primary motivation is PP. Some people sell all but the final prize. Some keep it all. And I'm sure there's all manners of in-between.

I do a bit of a mix. I'm using the SE Schooler card now as it's kind of hard (or even viable) to come across good relievers as a F2P player. Could sell guys like him to finance more missions, but I like to try 'em out. I should probably sell the SE Tug McGraw as he's been relegated to LOOGY duty -- he's been an absolute pig in anything else.

As more missions are completed, I suspect some of the SE cards will start to approach their quicksell value as they flood the market. Like SE Robinson Cano and other cards that aren't very usable.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #443
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
On the contrary; to complete a slate of collections like this, you'd have to monitor the AH dozens of times a day, every day, for weeks. I think I might not be taking it seriously enough. If anything, it's more a statement of "hey these cards are there if you're willing to put in the time and watch the AH like a hawk".
Especially when you're only looking for one or two guys to finish a mission, they don't come around often. I was one card away from the Royals collection since the day after it launched, and only just finished it today. But I could only check the auction house here or there, so maybe Greinke or Holland came up more often but they never lasted for more than a day. Or at least never more than a day at a price I was willing to pay.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #444
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Starting the mission can be a chore when you have all those players you need to click on. But, it is satisfying as you win the auctions and have less players to go after. Just gotta be patient and not pay the outlandish prices you see sometimes. And try to get useful cards when completing missions. Although, that can be hard when those cards are more expensive.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #445
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Especially when you're only looking for one or two guys to finish a mission, they don't come around often. I was one card away from the Royals collection since the day after it launched, and only just finished it today. But I could only check the auction house here or there, so maybe Greinke or Holland came up more often but they never lasted for more than a day. Or at least never more than a day at a price I was willing to pay.
Coincidentally, been looking for the same two cards since release. Eventually decided to buy some other things and then found a couple people willing to sell me one on Discord but now I don't have the PP. Hope you like the rewards!

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #446
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
Coincidentally, been looking for the same two cards since release. Eventually decided to buy some other things and then found a couple people willing to sell me one on Discord but now I don't have the PP. Hope you like the rewards!
Hope so too! All 3 of Greinke, Saberhagen, and Davis went to my pitching staff, so we'll see if they're better than the guys they replaced. Although I'm out of points now, so will have to wait until I sell someone before I can grab one of the guys to finish off the Padres mission next.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #447
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Starting the mission can be a chore when you have all those players you need to click on.
people actually click each one individually??

much faster to write them down and do a search for like 10 guys at once separated by pipes.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #448
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
people actually click each one individually??

much faster to write them down and do a search for like 10 guys at once separated by pipes.

Omg. That's money. What would that look like for example?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #449
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Trout|Bonds|Ruth|Etc.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #450
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Trout|Bonds|Ruth|Etc.
Except your usually looking for a specific card for each. Clicking on the player gives you're the exact card you are looking for.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #451
chazzycat
All Star Starter

true, that's why I keep the OVRs on my handwritten list, and sort the AH results by that.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #452
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Trout|Bonds|Ruth|Etc.
Always fun when you have some that would end up with a bunch of players you don't need. For example, my typical string for the Noodle Arms collection (with Khris Davis [thanks for the unusual spelling], Adam Lind [pulls through Freddie Lindstrom, etc.] and Willie Wilson [Wilson - might as well be Smith]) looks like this:

khris|kles|lie wil|bip|m lin

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #453
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
true, that's why I keep the OVRs on my handwritten list, and sort the AH results by that.

Could be faster Chazzy, clicking players negates anything handwritten including compiling all the players needed and like you said noting the exact overalls. Your way might be faster in the long run, not sure.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #454
allenciox
All Star Reserve

For all the team-oriented missions, it's even easier to search. They usually deal with a particular period, so you can do a compact string, like this one for the Appling mission, basically it's any of the CWS cards in the 20s, 30s,40s, plus the year 1950 and peak shoeless joe jackson:

CWS, 192|CWS, 193|CWS, 194|CWS, 1950|shoeless

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #455
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

clicking players involves moving back and forth between the mission list and the AH and you still have to click the search button. yuck. if you have players from more than one mission its a clicking disaster, like 2000s website UI.

I have one string now that I paste in to find seven players from five different missions
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:18 PM   #456
bailey
Hall Of Famer

For what it's worth the remaining team missions are:

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants

Many guessed Boudreau for the Indians as the top reward card. What's your guess for the top reward card for these teams?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #457
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants

Many guessed Boudreau for the Indians as the top reward card. What's your guess for the top reward card for these teams?
Hard to guess because so many of these teams already have multiple card versions of their all-time greats. I would like to see a late-70s version of Reggie Jackson for the Yankees and also a 100 Miguel Cabrera for the Tigers. A 100 Albert Pujols could make sense for the Cardinals. A mid-2010s Madison Bumgarner could be interesting for the Giants.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #458
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants

What a fun question

What I hope is that they use the opportunity to add special edition cards for players and seasons that merit representation while not easily falling into other categories. This can be especially beneficial for older players who played before the All Star game. Any Top WAR cards from 19 easily fall into this category (see: Sisler, George).

A couple random players off the top of my head who I would love to see make appearances (and trust me, with enough time, I could come up with a TON more )...

Tony Lazzeri, Yankees - He has only 1 card, a mediocre silver based on his 1933 All Star appearance. I would love to see a card representing some of his better years, such as 1929 (career highs in many offensive stats) or 1928 (3rd place finish in the AL MVP vote).

Bob Meusel, Yankees - Another Murderer's row member, but one who isn't in the game. He has several different years to choose from, but if this is to be a high end card, then Peak may be the way to go since his best season changes depending on what stats are valued.

Sam Thompson, Phillies - Hall of Famer who actually still holds the record for RBIs in a single month (61 in August 1894).

Honestly there a a metric butt-load of players from long ago who could work. In my opinion, a good start would be to make sure that everyone in the Hall of Fame is represented in some form. I'd think this would be low hanging fruit. Kind of a shame that this isn't the case...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:47 AM   #459
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants
The Nationals need to be added to this list. The Expos are covered, but there are no missions covering life after Montreal. Such a mission would make at least as much sense as separate missions for the KC A's or the "WS2" Senators.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:51 AM   #460
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The Nationals need to be added to this list. The Expos are covered, but there are no missions covering life after Montreal. Such a mission would make at least as much sense as separate missions for the KC A's or the "WS2" Senators.
There was life after Montreal?

There are Mets missions by the way, just no big combining mission with an extra card. I have a hard time coming up with one, too. But I would not say anything against a Perfect Pete Alonso

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote