Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 794
Thanks: 147
Thanked 197x in 89 posts
Playoff Format

I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 337
Thanks: 395
Thanked 82x in 38 posts
I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
BKL
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 794
Thanks: 147
Thanked 197x in 89 posts
Playoff Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.


Yea thatís a little odd. I noticed in my test this happens in all playoff formats except the NHL like format. Hopefully it gets fixed in FHM6.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BKL; 07-08-2019 at 12:26 PM.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:50 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 10,853
Thanks: 100
Thanked 9,482x in 3,286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?
Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
BKL
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 794
Thanks: 147
Thanked 197x in 89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.


I think all the ones that have fewer than 16 teams are doing it. Itís for the championship series in all cases and the semifinals in many of them as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments