Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
forecapd777
Bat Boy

Is there a difficulty level that I'm missing?

Sometime after the last update, something drastically changed with the way my team plays, and the way the AI plays.

Before I get to that, one bug that I did find was that seemingly every player's "Adaptability" is now in the single digits following that update.

As far as game play:

Bases loaded no outs? Maybe a 10% chance of scoring. Maybe.

A runner on first with less than 2 outs? 80% chance of a double play.

A single to left field for the AI with a runner on 1st? That runner is going to 3rd base.

Players on my team who should be walking more than they are striking out, are striking out and barely walking.

A 27 year old Ken Griffey Jr who set the HR record last year with 63, is on pace for 20.

A 2 star AI pitcher is lights out on any given night.

AI decides they are going to steal a base? Over a 90% success rate and my catcher is rated in the 90's and they are stealing against pitchers throwing fastballs in the high 90's.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. It really is incredible. But whatever changed with that update is incredibly frustrating.

I'm at just about 3 months into the current season, so this is not a 2 week long team slump. It is a season long 3 months slump for players rated 3's, 4's and 5 stars

Is there a game difficulty setting that I'm missing? I know there is one for trading etc, (which I have at the hardest) but is there one for the actual gameplay?

Anybody experiencing anything like this? Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, I like building a team and fighting to even make a playoff appearance but, the AI just seems insane now
forecapd777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #2
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecapd777 View Post
Sometime after the last update, something drastically changed with the way my team plays, and the way the AI plays.

Before I get to that, one bug that I did find was that seemingly every player's "Adaptability" is now in the single digits following that update.

As far as game play:

Bases loaded no outs? Maybe a 10% chance of scoring. Maybe.

A runner on first with less than 2 outs? 80% chance of a double play.

A single to left field for the AI with a runner on 1st? That runner is going to 3rd base.

Players on my team who should be walking more than they are striking out, are striking out and barely walking.

A 27 year old Ken Griffey Jr who set the HR record last year with 63, is on pace for 20.

A 2 star AI pitcher is lights out on any given night.

AI decides they are going to steal a base? Over a 90% success rate and my catcher is rated in the 90's and they are stealing against pitchers throwing fastballs in the high 90's.
I'd imagine that collecting actual data would accomplish 2 things

1) it would give the developers better information to work with
2) it would show you that things probably aren't as bad as they seem
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

sound a lot like small sample size reactions... while playing a game out etc... or even a week's worth of games isn't useful and our human eyes can't do much with it with any confidence (at least a rational person's understanding).

while not likely to occur in one year, your modifiers and other settings udner STats and AI control the statistical environment. if anything actualyl did shift, it's in there. more likely that it is just an off-year for the wunderkind.

the adaptability? were you intimately famiilar with that before? maybe you have some data corruption? it'd be an odd thing to know by heart per player then be able to distinguish that drastic change later... but not impossible i guess.

i've seen a generational talent have a year you'd think isn't possible in the game for someone with those ratings (relative to league's stats settings etc) -- players that are likely equal or better rated than griffey jr at his peak early on. it can happen.

small samples... you won't know for a long time... then you can make an adjustment that isn't a wildly blind stab in the dark.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote