Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 12-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

yearly schedule based on real-life schedule

OK, so in the past several seasons in my MLB league, every year when the game generates a new schedule for the new season, it has based it on the real-life 2018 schedule, but with different teams assigned to the different slots, i.e. the Cubs-Marlins opener might become Cardinals (NL Central) vs. Phillies (NL East) instead, and so forth.

I've just gotten a new laptop, transferred my game files, and downloaded the most currently patched version of OOTP19 -- has this changed in the last few patches? Now when hitting "Generate Fictional Schedule" on the schedule edit screen, it doesn't generate a schedule based on the real 2018 schedule -- it gives me a game-generated schedule (with every team having the same off days, etc). I'm wondering if there's been a small change somewhere that makes you no longer able to do this...
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The underlying problem isn't OOTP itself, it's that no one's made a schedule pack that's realistically close to the new MLB format and has reasonable off days.

Gmo's pack is the most well-known, but it's a semi-balanced schedule (within each subleague), and real MLB is unbalanced.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

If you are willing to use the older, 183-day long schedule for the 15-15 league arrangement, then you could set up a rotation of real-life MLB schedules from 2013-17. If you want the current 186-day long schedule, then there are only two real-life examples available at present: 2018 and 2019.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
If you are willing to use the older, 183-day long schedule for the 15-15 league arrangement, then you could set up a rotation of real-life MLB schedules from 2013-17. If you want the current 186-day long schedule, then there are only two real-life examples available at present: 2018 and 2019.
Of course, this means that there's no 186-day schedule in which the AL East plays the NL Central et al.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Of course, this means that there's no 186-day schedule in which the AL East plays the NL Central et al.
Has anyone happened to make this schedule yet? I'm looking for that so I can start rotating yearly for my league.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I'm still working on it.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Oof, it looks like the interleague rivalry games (e.g., NYY v NYM & OAK v SF) besides the other interleague (play all the teams in one division) make this a tough problem to solve. At least if you would want to maintain them.