Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Random thoughts

I never noticed this thread before, and so havent read very many other conversations, but I have always had a few private "wishes" for this game. So I am sorry if these have been stated before.

Mentors/Coach grooming/Player Coaches (aka Crash Davis)

Mentor: Got a hot shot rookie with poor work ethic? Send the hard working uber-intelligent moderatly talented Crash Davis to learn the kid how to breathe from his eyelids. Assign him to "Mentor" the young stud. Room together on the road, teach him not to shake off the curveball etc etc.

Grooming: It would be cool to see as a players career winds down, if they have the makeup to be a good coach after they retire. A GM may decide to keep that player around, even the skills may be gone. Maybe this player can agree to go to AA and be a player manager or perhaps send a message to the team saying they are retiring after the season and ask if there is a coaching position available. By putting some effort in while the player is still playing, it can give a team a chance to jump the queue and sign the coach before he hits the FA coach market, and better yet make him a better coach.

Brothers/Fathers/Sons/Relationships:
Look at the 2019 Jays, Guererro, Bichette, Biggio...that is a heck of an 1990's team! I would love to see the family dynamic! So many possible storylines. The future HOF OFer married the sister of the Allstar SS, How can their son not be the next big thing in 20yrs?

Even I can throw a curveball:
Its true. I can throw a curveball. Its a pretty goodone for the Powerline Baseball League...of course when compared to a big league pitcher, it's probably a 2...but I can throw it. So are you telling me that their are big league pitchers out there who have played their entire life, who can't make a ball curve? Every pitcher should be able to throw every pitch...because my fat ass can. I'd like to see every pitcher with a rating for every pitch. Then the pitching coach (or micro-managing GM) can decide which pitches are good enough to be thrown in a big league game. Like any other training, the more it is used, the better it will get. Did 3 of your starters hit the DL last sim? No problem. Authorize your setupmans changeup, giving him a 3rd pitch, and put him in the rotation for 15days until the injuries heal. It's not a great pitch, but it gives batter something to think about. When he returns to the pen, unauthorize the changeup and stick to the elite fastball/slider combo
that got him to the show. If you have read this far, i would re-evaluate your life priorities.

Thanks!