Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-13-2016, 05:46 AM   #1
Duranium
All Star Starter

...The only way to properly express my feelings........

....for hours now

Attached Images

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

"you gotta be here to believe it!"
Redeemed143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Sounds like someone is enjoying their copy of FHM2.

I've just started playing myself, finally. I really like it. I just can't figure out why my draft class in the second season is nearly blank. I think there must be something wrong. Other than that I think this game rocks, but then again I enjoyed the first iteration of FHM.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Sounds like someone is enjoying their copy of FHM2.

I've just started playing myself, finally. I really like it. I just can't figure out why my draft class in the second season is nearly blank. I think there must be something wrong. Other than that I think this game rocks, but then again I enjoyed the first iteration of FHM.
What are you playing? More specifics? Historical? etc?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #5
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
What are you playing? More specifics? Historical? etc?
Gladly. I posted some info in two other threads earlier today, but I'm not sure if I did a very good job since I've not gotten any response. Here is a summary:

I am playing historical mode. I started in '73-74 as GM of the Minn Fighting Saints. I ran thru the year and then took over the KC Scouts as soon as the NHL expanded. The '74 draft was suspiciously deep, but I figured that this was just some changes made to how FHM2 was calculating what players were available in '74. For example, there were about ten rounds of players available, maybe more. Seems like a lot, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I played the '74-75 season and sucked, so I was looking forward to getting some talent, but when I saw the players eligible for the draft it was pretty sad. There was a total of 35 players in 1975 and none had a potential greater than 2.5 stars, let alone ability! So I stopped and posted here in the forum approx a day ago now.

In re: to settings, I am almost certain I remembered to check the box generating players for the draft. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a draft in '74, right? But what happened in '75? In The first FHM there was a bug where if you had a setting wrong some drafts could be empty, or nearly so, because too many people from one age group or another become available at the wrong time. Is that what is going on here? I finally found a couple threads of people who seem like they've had similar issues with the draft. They're near the top of the general discussion forum, but I can link them here if you would like me to.

Is there anything else you'd like to know that I haven't mentioned?

Thanks so much for any help. It is greatly appreciated, Aaron