Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 08:06 AM   #1421
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Seattle's Billy Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Here is an interesting but possibility. In June 1958 Billy Williams was traded to Chicago White Sox in an unknown Transaction. I believe I have figured out that transaction. John Procopio was acquired from White Sox June 29, 1968. So Procopio could have been that unknown Transaction
I don't think the dates line up. As you point out, Procopio's Sporting News contract card says he was released to the White Sox on June 29, 1968. The Honolulu Advertiser newspaper of July 11, 1968 reported that the Hawaiian Islanders (AAA affiliate of the White Sox) obtained the contract of veteran outfielder Billy Williams from the Seattle Angels the previous night. Those transactions were separated by almost two weeks.
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:46 PM   #1422
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
I don't think the dates line up. As you point out, Procopio's Sporting News contract card says he was released to the White Sox on June 29, 1968. The Honolulu Advertiser newspaper of July 11, 1968 reported that the Hawaiian Islanders (AAA affiliate of the White Sox) obtained the contract of veteran outfielder Billy Williams from the Seattle Angels the previous night. Those transactions were separated by almost two weeks.
Thank you. Was kind of going by Baseball -Reference. Says traded in June of 68. W researching unknown Transactions.

Last edited by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com; 03-07-2024 at 07:48 PM.
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:52 PM   #1423
prewinter
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Here is an interesting but possibility. In June 1958 Billy Williams was traded to Chicago White Sox in an unknown Transaction. I believe I have figured out that transaction. John Procopio was acquired from White Sox June 29, 1968. So Procopio could have been that unknown Transaction
Jim Procopio was purchased from the Cardinals to fill in when one of their catchers was called to service.
Attached Images
prewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:56 PM   #1424
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewinter View Post
Jim Procopio was purchased from the Cardinals to fill in when one of their catchers was called to service.
Thank you.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:58 PM   #1425
Hall Of Famer

Any known info on The Pilots Acquired Williams from the Cleveland Indians in early 1968?
Old 03-08-2024, 07:39 AM   #1426
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any known info on The Pilots Acquired Williams from the Cleveland Indians in early 1968?
Very difficult to pin down. First, the Seattle team was referred to by the newspapers as the Seattle Angels, not the Pilots. Second, in 1968, the Seattle Angels had two outfielders named Williams -- Billy and Walt "No Neck," so trying to figure this out using box scores only doesn't work. And, HOFer Billy Williams was also playing that year, so searching on "Billy Williams" doesn't narrow things down much. What I did find out was that your Billy Williams was still playing for the Portland Beavers (a Cleveland Indians affiliate) on April 4 and he played for the Seattle Angels on May 17. So the transaction happened some time within that window.

With a little more persistence, I found the answer. As the newspaper clipping below from genealogybank.com shows, Billy Williams was acquired by the Seattle Angels on April 11. As part of that transaction, Sam Parrilla's contract went to the Portland Beavers, but they in turn sent him to Waterbury.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cusick; 03-08-2024 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Found the requested answer.
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:21 PM   #1427
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
Very difficult to pin down. First, the Seattle team was referred to by the newspapers as the Seattle Angels, not the Pilots. Second, in 1968, the Seattle Angels had two outfielders named Williams -- Billy and Walt "No Neck," so trying to figure this out using box scores only doesn't work. And, HOFer Billy Williams was also playing that year, so searching on "Billy Williams" doesn't narrow things down much. What I did find out was that your Billy Williams was still playing for the Portland Beavers (a Cleveland Indians affiliate) on April 4 and he played for the Seattle Angels on May 17. So the transaction happened some time within that window.

With a little more persistence, I found the answer. As the newspaper clipping below from genealogybank.com shows, Billy Williams was acquired by the Seattle Angels on April 11. As part of that transaction, Sam Parrilla's contract went to the Portland Beavers, but they in turn sent him to Waterbury.
Thank You.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:23 PM   #1428
Hall Of Famer

Anyone with info on Merritt Ranew from New York Yankees to Seattle Pilots unknown Transaction & Billy Williams 1969 Unknown Transaction From Chicago White Sox to The Pilots? Thank you in advance
Old 03-14-2024, 03:15 PM   #1429
dadof10
Bat Boy

Jp, j.p., j_p...?

Downloaded the picture pack, and the game won't recognize JP Crawford. The file is in the "Players" folder, along with the rest, but it won't show JP. I tried renaming it "JP" (no spaces) "J_P" (like all the "A_J's") and J.P. (both with and without spaces). No luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Can you see JP in your game?

While I'm at it, thanks for all the work you put in gathering these awesome photos and making them available. You guys rock!
dadof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:20 PM   #1430
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Are photos like facegens in that you can also use their Historical Minors ID to tag it to them when naming the file? (Helps keeping this John Smith from that John Smith too)

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote