Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #81
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
Wow, really.

"I have cool toys, but if other people get cool toys that's not cool. Eliminate more options for getting cool toys, plox."'

Suck it up, buttercup. Perfect rewards are fine for people to earn, since it gives an almost semi-legitimate route to FTP players to actually get some dang good cards. Diamond packs are crap. 90% of the time you just get Aaron Judge or some such live BS hitter that sells for....if you're lucky....6k PP. Oh no, 100 SE Ozzie Smith might drop from 65k to 50k! THE HORROR!!!!!!!
OK, that's 1 "no" vote, any others?
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #82
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Wait they have existing SE as rewards and not new ones after the babe ruth debacle?

I didn't even think to check. Yikes.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #83
Fenixdown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Wait they have existing SE as rewards and not new ones after the babe ruth debacle?

I didn't even think to check. Yikes.

Please demonstrate on the 100 Babe Ruth card where all the bad people touched you that a secondary route to earn a reward has to be defined as a "debacle". If it was multiple places, please demonstrate them in chronological order so that we may get a more vivid picture of events.

Secondary routes to cards is not a "debacle". It's incentive. If it makes your team's overall dollar value on the AH drop from $5,000 to $1,000, that's your problem, not everyone else's. Deal with it.
Fenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #84
Quavis
Bat Boy

It would really help setting up rosters if we could have a "Hide duplicates" checkmark box on the manage inactive cards page. We can show just duplicates, but unless im missing something there is no way to filter them out.
Quavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #85
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh no, 100 SE Ozzie Smith might drop from 65k to 50k! THE HORROR!!!!!!!
Where do you shop?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #86
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please demonstrate on the 100 Babe Ruth card where all the bad people touched you that a secondary route to earn a reward has to be defined as a "debacle". If it was multiple places, please demonstrate them in chronological order so that we may get a more vivid picture of events.

Secondary routes to cards is not a "debacle". It's incentive. If it makes your team's overall dollar value on the AH drop from $5,000 to $1,000, that's your problem, not everyone else's. Deal with it.
Oh you again. Good to see you are keeping up your streak of being aggressively wrong about every topic you comment on. Ripken would be jealous.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #87
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:

It's fine, whales will just spend that $4,000 less next year.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #88
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Default rotation size = 3?

In PT season play, and in tournaments with longer series, the default rotation size is 5 and the minimum is 4. However, I joined a 64-team Do-or-Die tournament, and the default rotation size was 3 (minimum of 1). I set up my team accordingly, assuming the smaller rotation was intentional and the games would be scheduled differently. Imagine my surprise when I win the first three games and find my #1 starter is up again at 42%. Shouldn't the default (5) & minimum (4) rotation sizes be the same as PT season play?

Edit: Apparently there is no minimum rotation size for longer series, either, but at least the AI manager knows you need a full rotation so the default is 5. I think the problem is that for short series (Do-or-Die or Best-of-3), your team only has 1-3 games on the schedule, so if the AI manager does the initial setup, it sets a small rotation even though you will have more games without any off-days if you win and advance. I still think the default should be 5 and the minimum should probably be 4 for all tournaments.

Last edited by Threnodas; 11-11-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #89
kev24fan
Major Leagues

my game will not load

After the patch and I am also on a MAC

I get this
Attached Images
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #90
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Tournament Q-CAP-1500-Bo3F5-T64-ID0

I am matched up against the Chicago Rampage, and his total roster value is 1725, including 3 perfect SP's.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #91
Fenixdown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
It's fine, whales will just spend that $4,000 less next year.

Next year would be all different cards since it would be an entirely new version of the game, which would in essence be a market reset. At this stage of OOTP '20, however, the game is old and a new version will be out in a few months. If more people gain access to perfects, it hurts nobody at all since PP in this version will pretty much be obsolete by March. And in '21, if people spend less to gain the cards they want, who does that hurt?
Fenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #92
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Next year would be all different cards since it would be an entirely new version of the game, which would in essence be a market reset. At this stage of OOTP '20, however, the game is old and a new version will be out in a few months. If more people gain access to perfects, it hurts nobody at all since PP in this version will pretty much be obsolete by March. And in '21, if people spend less to gain the cards they want, who does that hurt?
I'm fine with it, actually, since I wasn't planning to commit as much to 21, and now I'd be able to get more for less, maybe.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #93
adion
All Star Starter

How to enter

Is there someplace that tells you how this works. I can't figure out how to export my PT team and/or import into the tournaments.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #94
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

It might be worth disabling the 'set rosters' button before the tournament has enough entrants - similar to normal PT, if you're editing stuff when the new file comes through, it resets back to your last submission, which is a little more annoying in Tournaments, imo.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #95
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I set up and submitted my team for the quick super big bronze, go in when it started to see how I'm doing and my team is completely different...

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #96
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Is there really no way to change a default once set? Every tournament I enter, I have to make at least 20 changes just to get it back to how my regular team looks with no way to make those changes STICK for the next entry???
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #97
bachfan147
Bat Boy

Returning to OOTP Main Menu

I may have missed something, but I can't figure out how to go back to the OOTP main screen after joining a tournament and adding a roster, etc. I entered a tournament and I got a message like "once you've set your roster, you can return to the OOTP main screen and wait for the tournament to begin". I was unable to find this option and had to quit and reload the game.
bachfan147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #98
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachfan147 View Post
I may have missed something, but I can't figure out how to go back to the OOTP main screen after joining a tournament and adding a roster, etc. I entered a tournament and I got a message like "once you've set your roster, you can return to the OOTP main screen and wait for the tournament to begin". I was unable to find this option and had to quit and reload the game.
The option you're looking for is 'OOTP Start Screen.'

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #99
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Is there really no way to change a default once set? Every tournament I enter, I have to make at least 20 changes just to get it back to how my regular team looks with no way to make those changes STICK for the next entry???
When you've finished tailoring your roster, export it for future use instead of importing your regular PT roster every time

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #100
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Guys, please keep this thread positive and constructive. If it turns to attacks, it will be closed and we'll gather feedback and bugs in another way.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote