Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #21
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78 View Post
Has anybody tried to play this on a mac using any windows emulator programmes, and if so does it work?

I am looking for something to tide me over until FOF comes out, a sim based game with as in depth franchise mode as possible and DDSPF20 seems to be the best around at the moment.
Honestly, a GM in my league (http://cfa-football.com using PF19) only has a Mac and has been doing this for several real life years... He often complains about this, a lot of time for some reason the emulator he uses will reset his team password, which is weird in its own right. But, it does work on an emulator.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #22
mmarra82
Major Leagues

I have been wanting to try DDSPF for sometime but I only have a Mac and I don’t have any idea how to run PC games on my Mac. Is it simple? Can anyone offer any advice?
Old 10-12-2019, 12:49 AM   #23
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone try the new Axis football? Seems really deep
Old 10-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #24
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

This is a really good look into Axis Football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvVBO3Y9Fkg. Looks like a solid game.

Last edited by Zeppelin462; 10-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Anyone try the new Axis football? Seems really deep
I have it.

The lack of statistical depth is a huge turn off for me. It is a franchise sim, yet doesn't keep career stats year to year or team records or anything . So it comes off as a franchise sim that's essentially just season mode over and over. It does have good depth in franchise though but still lacking in my mind. You can also play out games but to be honest I wouldn't ever buy a game like this to play out as it's going to be miles behind Madden (I'm not one of those people who thinks Madden is trash).

Overall it's a solid game and I'm happy to have supported its further development, but it's not a game I can see myself sinking long term hours in to as the things I like in a game (world building, statistics and records) are lacking.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:28 PM   #26
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
What are the best football sims on the market today?
A list of Football Sims out right now by user rating http://gmgames.org/section/american-...mulator-games/
Old 05-27-2020, 05:18 AM   #27
eddieballgame
Bat Boy

If one is only interested in season replays vs the AI, computer simming or 'head to head', PC Action Football is outstanding.
Fully editable, tons of options for league play & IP connection for multiplayer (as well as 'hotseat').
Per statistical results compared to 'real-life'...in my 40+ years of playing football games, tabletop or pc...this product is second to none. imho

Last edited by eddieballgame; 05-27-2020 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #28
Hessog
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I think I might pick up DDSPF 2020.....it’s getting very good marks from the few reviews and YouTube videos I have come across. Everyone who has tried it says it’s vastly improved from previous versions, and is very much on par with FOF.
This is one of the best for sure, I loved it personally
Old 05-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I am beta testing a football management game that is truly a gem. It comes out later this summer. It has platforms for the iPad (iOS)and the computer. You can Even watch the action Unfold with players on the field. (Not just dots)The programmer is one of the best I have ever worked with. Not only does he listen to what his customers want but he then implements the ideas in the next patch. Also it has the deepest play calling I have ever seen in a computer sim. That has no interest to me because I like to play GM and watch the action unfold. But for those who want to play Like Bill Belichick There is no finer apparatus to do So. The play calling can be as simple as Just calling a play or as intricate as setting what blockers to what scheme and what individual routes the receivers will travel. To much to talk about in a post. But however you like to play your game as GM or Coach to just simming the games or watching the action unfold and trying to build a dynasty this game has it all. It is also very simple to play and understand but mostly it is just plain fun. The game is called PSF2021. Look for it in the coming months.

Last edited by Zorro; 05-27-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #30
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Here is some info for last seasons game 2020 for those interested. This link tells you a little about the game but this years edition goes well beyond. If you are interested just wait for the new edition. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Football_2020/

Last edited by Zorro; 05-27-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #31
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Looks very interesting!!
Old 05-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #32
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks very interesting!!
Also if you have a iPad you can get the game for under 4 bucks. If you like the game wait for the new edition to come out. He did a lot of work on free agency and animation . The AI is very good and the stats are right on. It really is a lot of fun to play. There is always room for another good sport Management simulation. I support them all for the great pleasure they give me. (The good ones that is)
Old 05-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #33
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looks very interesting!!
I'll second that!
Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #34
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

If you google it...there are some helpful YouTube videos also.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #35
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I always read both positive and negative reviews on Steam on games before I buy. With the Pro Strategy Football 2020 version, I see there's no Free Agency, and you can't change the depth chart? Sorry, just read your post on the new game, which will include free agency.

Also, and this was an older review, perhaps when the 2020 game first came out, but the reviewer said there were no financials or contract negotiations?

Hopefully, the new version coming out later in the summer will address these issues.

Last edited by progen; 05-28-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #36
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

My game, Indoor Football Manager, was recently launched on itch.io in its alpha form. I'm constantly making updates to it as I get free time. You are all welcome to check it out and download it for free. I have a user guide that you can download as well over at my discord channel at GM Games. If you like what you're playing be sure to follow me on itch.io or be a member of the GM Games Discord for up to date information and notifications of new releases.

Download IFM: https://robmeister89.itch.io/indoor-football-manager
Please note, you do not have to donate. Just click on 'no thanks, take me to the downloads'. Please read the short description provided. The user guide will be included with the next version (alpha 3.9) but it can be found at the GM Games Discord or you can provide me your email address (via pm) and I'll send it over.

Invite to Discord for GM Games: https://discord.gg/JfYPMkA

Lastly, you don't have to know or understand how indoor football is different to play this game. If you've never watched indoor football you wouldn't know that it's actually a ton more similar to NFL/college than arena football. Although, you can design your team as a pass heavy arena football team.

Last edited by Robmeister89; 05-28-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #37
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
I always read both positive and negative reviews on Steam on games before I buy. With the Pro Strategy Football 2020 version, I see there's no Free Agency, and you can't change the depth chart? Sorry, just read your post on the new game, which will include free agency.

Also, and this was an older review, perhaps when the 2020 game first came out, but the reviewer said there were no financials or contract negotiations?

Hopefully, the new version coming out later in the summer will address these issues.
The new version has free agency. In fact it has a original way of doing it . It is simple but very fun. That is why I said to wait and buy the new version. 😁
Old 05-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #38
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
My game, Indoor Football Manager, was recently launched on itch.io in its alpha form. I'm constantly making updates to it as I get free time. You are all welcome to check it out and download it for free. I have a user guide that you can download as well over at my discord channel at GM Games. If you like what you're playing be sure to follow me on itch.io or be a member of the GM Games Discord for up to date information and notifications of new releases.

Download IFM: https://robmeister89.itch.io/indoor-football-manager
Please note, you do not have to donate. Just click on 'no thanks, take me to the downloads'. Please read the short description provided. The user guide will be included with the next version (alpha 3.9) but it can be found at the GM Games Discord or you can provide me your email address (via pm) and I'll send it over.

Invite to Discord for GM Games: https://discord.gg/JfYPMkA

Lastly, you don't have to know or understand how indoor football is different to play this game. If you've never watched indoor football you wouldn't know that it's actually a ton more similar to NFL/college than arena football. Although, you can design your team as a pass heavy arena football team.
Thank you for the info. Gaming is a very big part of my life and I welcome any new game into the mix. I will definitely check it out after I get through beta testing PSF. 😁
Old 05-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #39
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Just to bring it up again , If you are a iPad user this game is wonderful. It is a full edition and is under 4 bucks. I am trying to get him to up the price because it is worth well more. I get lazy at times and don’t want to lug out my laptop so the iPad is a wonderful weapon while laying on my recliner chasing that ring.😁
Old 05-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #40
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post

RETRO BOWL for the iPad is also a fun game that has some financials, a draft, and a form of free agency. Rosters are limited to 10 players, but still it's pretty fun. You control the action on the offensive end and it auto does the defense, though you don't see the plays play out. The players outside of the 10 you pick are at replacement level quality.