Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #141
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It would be really cool if there was a way to have a "practice mode" in the game where you could try out gameplans and run mock seasons. Specifically in an MP universe where many GMs will simulate seasons in SP to try things out.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:14 PM   #142
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlee2 View Post
It would be really cool if there was a way to have a "practice mode" in the game where you could try out gameplans and run mock seasons. Specifically in an MP universe where many GMs will simulate seasons in SP to try things out.

I do this now in FOF 8. Create your own MP practice league. As the commish, you can trade players to build a roster similar to your real MP league. Run tests of your game plans and sim multiple seasons so that you are not basing results on a small sample size. Those plans can then be ported to your real MP league.

It's true you are not testing with your actual players, but I've found this technique to be "close enough for government work".
Old 03-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #143
MadScientist
Bat Boy

Talking

I would absolutely love to be able to create my own expansion team from scratch. it would be awesome being able to shape the league to our liking's
Old 03-04-2019, 03:31 AM   #144
Heinstein
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I’d settle for a depth chart tbh - no such thing on FOF8, only packages. No way to set backups or subs at all.
This^^ probably the most irritating thing since the requirement to carry 3 QB's...I would be very happy with a workable depth chart for position and/or formation. Not much more needed for me.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #145
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
I do this now in FOF 8. Create your own MP practice league. As the commish, you can trade players to build a roster similar to your real MP league. Run tests of your game plans and sim multiple seasons so that you are not basing results on a small sample size. Those plans can then be ported to your real MP league.

It's true you are not testing with your actual players, but I've found this technique to be "close enough for government work".
Yeah, I do this too, but it would be great to have it all in the same MP universe so you could test with your actual players.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #146
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinstein View Post
This^^ probably the most irritating thing since the requirement to carry 3 QB's...I would be very happy with a workable depth chart for position and/or formation. Not much more needed for me.
FOF8 doesn't make you having to carry 3 QBs anymore. You need to carry 3 TEs though.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #147
MadScientist
Bat Boy

Please for the love that is all holy, let this game provide us with actual solidified ratings unlike the previous versions of FOF
Old 04-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #148
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
This is not an accurate assumption. Every player (except QBs and o-linemen) has a special teams bar rating. And there are methods in FOF 8 to optimize special teams. My teams typically are in the top 5 in return yardage and return coverage. Prior versions previously allowed you to select your gunners (which was removed in FOF 8). But the game engine appears to pick the highest rated players eligible for ST play, so performance is not impacted.
I'm aware of the rating and pay attention to it. What I'm referring to is the lack of a special teams coach, any sort of strategy (kick away from a returner, squib kick or kick to the goal line), and the odd stats that are generated. The leading special teams tackler on my team is a 335 lb. nose tackle. I just don't see it. I also have a returner that is unrealistically good. It's unusual that he doesn't return the ball near the 35 on a kickoff. Jim has had problems in the game before that he's fixed, e.g. the FOF 6 Super Flanker. I just wish he'd take a look at special teams.

Last edited by Postman; 04-02-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 12-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #149
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For me a strength of FOF has always been the realsm. But FOF9 needs to take a further step forward in that department.

All passing gameplans are viable in FOF8, 2500 season rushers, 3000 yard receivers. This needs tightening up.

WRs need further nerfing. Or give the secondary a boost in importance, whatever.

Defense should have the intricacies that Offense currently has. Play calls need more meaning, currently perform to samey.

FOF isn't about flashy interfaces, I hope the game engine is improved.

Last edited by Nature Boy; 12-08-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:50 AM   #150
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All Pass Offenses in MP

Honestly I am not sure where the best place to touch base with Jim is these days. So for those in the know, maybe you could make sure he sees this.

I am seeing All Pass Offenses spreading in MP. 7000 yards+ and wins a plenty from those who know what they are doing. Seems familiars are not working as intended.

Just a little background perspective.

Least carries in each NFL seasons the past 10 years (average carries per game)

2019 Miami - 20.6.
2018 Green Bay - 20.8
2017 Miami - 22.5
2016 Detriot - 21.5
2015 Miami - 21.5
2014 Oakland - 21.1
2013 Atlanta - 20.1
2012 Ariona - 22.0
2011 Detroit - 21.5
2010 Arizona - 20.0

So in the past 10 years the consistency is striking, an average of 20.0-22.5 carries per game.

Seems FOF8 has a problem. Hopefully this can get put right as it is killing realism in MP. Realism has always been a strength in FOF previously.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #151
tzach
Bat Boy

I strongly disagree -- i haven't seen anything that tells me that the game engine is flawed, on the opposite. and i have simmed a lot (> 1000 seasons). it seems to me that what is needed is a more comprehensive manual on how to build offenses and defenses. we are still at the stage where most people don't know what bars matter for what, and we cannot expect them to stop anything slightly more elaborated than AI-generated gameplans.

in truly realistic leagues these numbers above never or rarely come up. unfortunately those leagues only exist in single player, as no MP league has dared to go into that direction. for a realistic league, turn chemistry off, limit your scouts to scouting bar around 50, combine correlation around minimum, and crank up the injury setting to 300.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #152
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just had a SP season of over 9000 yards passing, with a 121.9 passer rating. 83 TDs. Didn't even touch chemistry or defense. Personnel was less than optimum.

Pictures of this season are on Slack on the RZB website if proof is required. Confident I can hit 11000 if that gets the message across.

This game is primarily for SP. Surely those numbers shouldn't be achievable.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #153
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Modifiable beer tents. Be able to fully customize beer tents, their colors and logos, as well as adjust pole height of tent and pole color and material. Add custom beer tent flags.