Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
Bernie4331
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Draft Pick Compensation

In my online league, we just completed our draft that had 8 compensation picks in the 1st round. It's a 20 team league and one of my picks was 1-28. If I choose not to sign him, do I get the 1-21 compensation pick or 2-9 (or 29th overall pick)?

There's a lot of disagreement in the league on this and I wanted to see if anyone could clarify.

Also, the commish claims that comp picks can be rolled over year over year (i.e. you don't sign someone this year at the 1-10 spot, next year you get 1-11, if you don't sign him, you get the 1-12 the following year). Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!
Bernie4331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

In a feature that did not change with the most recent CBA in 2012, teams can also earn compensation for unsigned picks from the previous year's draft. If a team doesn't sign a first or second round pick, they will get to pick at the same slot plus one the following year. For example, if the team with the #5 pick does not sign that player, they would have the #6 pick the following year. The regular draft order would continue around those picks. For compensation for not signing a third round pick, teams would get a pick in a supplemental round between the third and fourth rounds. If a team fails to sign a player with one of these compensated picks, there is no compensation the following year.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Bernie4331
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks, but what happens if you have a pick that's 1-28 out of a 20 team league? Meaning there were 8 supp picks in this years draft. Do I get the 29th overall pick or the last pick of the 1st round?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie4331 View Post
Thanks, but what happens if you have a pick that's 1-28 out of a 20 team league? Meaning there were 8 supp picks in this years draft. Do I get the 29th overall pick or the last pick of the 1st round?
Teams that fail to sign a first or second round pick will be compensated by receiving a virtually identical pick (plus one) in the following year's draft (ex., a team that fails to sign the No. 5 pick in 2006 receives the No. 6 pick in 2007). A team that fails to sign a second round pick gets virtually the identical pick the following season regardless of the round (for example, if Boston fails to sign pick #62, it will receive pick #62A (~63) in the next year's draft, regardless of whether pick #62A falls in the supplemental round, the second round, or the third round). A team that fails to sign a third-round pick receives a sandwich pick between the third and fourth rounds. None of these picks may be forfeited. Additionally, these compensation picks cannot be parlayed into compensation picks in a later draft. If a player selected as compensation for failure to sign a previous year's draftee also goes unsigned, the team does not have a right to compensation for the unsigned player.

Reading this, it sounds like you will get 29th pick (instead of 21st), but it's a one time deal. The picks don't roll over year after year after year.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie4331 View Post
You don't get anything. If you fail to sign a supplemental pick, you lose that pick.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Bernie4331
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Asking the commish which CBA we're using because he was adamant that the picks roll over year after year (which doesn't happen in my other leagues).

Thanks again
Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #7
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
You don't get anything. If you fail to sign a supplemental pick, you lose that pick.

In OOTP 15, I run an online league and the comp picks carry over from year to year and do not disappear as they should.
Is there a setting somewhere or does OOTP16 handle this appropriately?
The_Niddler is offline   Reply With Quote