Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #21
Simp
Bat Boy

Just wanted to thank you for offering the game on Steam. Never heard of it before I saw it yesterday on the news page, bought it after reading a couple of the reviews.

Very fun so far, and it looks like you have a good community here as well
Simp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #22
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Be afraid. Your life is now over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp View Post
Just wanted to thank you for offering the game on Steam. Never heard of it before I saw it yesterday on the news page, bought it after reading a couple of the reviews.

Very fun so far, and it looks like you have a good community here as well
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #23
hobbes1020
Bat Boy

Still no patch?

It's been almost a week since the release of the patch and it's still not available via Steam. Ordinarily I prefer to purchase my games on Steam but I am sorely regretting that decision with OOTP.
hobbes1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #24
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes1020 View Post
It's been almost a week since the release of the patch and it's still not available via Steam. Ordinarily I prefer to purchase my games on Steam but I am sorely regretting that decision with OOTP.
Apologies, I'm working on this as we speak, trying to get this straightened out. I don't think this will be indicative of how things work going forward, just hit a minor coordination snafu!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:54 AM   #25
NavyNuke
Bat Boy

Damn, still no patch on Steam. I just bought the game on Steam and realized it was 9.0.26 and try to do the uninstall thing then realized when it asked for a license that I had to wait for the patch on Steam. Guess I just have to sweat it out
NavyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:43 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The Steam patch will be ready today I think... it takes a few days longer since they need to set it up properly. Sorry for the delay!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #27
battists
Hall Of Famer

The patched version should now be live on Steam, and it includes the updated MLB roster set that Markus posted about recently.

We apologize for the delay in getting this out on Steam. We don't anticipate this being an issue going forward, although there may end up being some lag (not this much!), due to the need to coordinate with Steam and test on their system.

Please let us or Steam know if you have any problems patching.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 07-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyNuke View Post
Guess I just have to sweat it out
Sweat...steam...hah. Nice
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #29
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
HAH! i remember when valve first created steam like 5 or 6 years years ago (i used to be a HUGE TFC nut) was terrible back then, since a lot of ppl still had dial-up. was much better to connect to servers directly through the console of games.

however, as time went on, steam has really improved quite a bit, and last i heard was that steam was going to upgrade the way Devs are able to update their games. i didnt know all the jargon that was used in describing the process, but it seemed to make a good friend of mine pretty excited for some reason....(me no programmer...)
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #30
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjager View Post
No, they are two separate entities.
In order to play the game after purchasing it from Steam your PC MUST be connected to the internet. The game is validated each time you launch it.

In the age of broadband this is not a big deal but some people still haveproblems with that aspect of the service.
Which introduces two more variables that could prevent me from playing OOTP when (and where) I want to, besides the current condition of my laptop: 1) Availability of Internet service; I play OOTP anywhere I go with my laptop now, whereas with Steam I would be confined to the radius of my wireless transmitter, and that's assuming my ISP is not having any problems, and 2) Availability of the Steam web site, which could be an issue any time in the short-run and is definitely a question for the long-term; I have seen too many web sites and Internet-based companies come and go to be comfortable putting all my eggs in such a basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
Ugh @ Steam. If it's still as FJ stated having my system always having to be online and yet more software runnign all the time? Blah.
That software comment brings up another issue. I feel confident after several years of dealing with OOTP that any technical problems that I encounter, if they are common enough, will eventually be addressed. Also, OOTP has never caused a conflict on my computer with any other software. Can the same be said of Steam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Yeah, I certainly didn't want to broadcast it in a big post, which seems unnecessarily aggressive, but we do make more money if you buy from us directly (i.e. with eLicense). Which is fine, really, because the point of Steam for us isn't to move sales from our existing customer base to Steam, but rather to reach a larger audience.
I'm glad for this, in both respects. I hope that you will never abandon the traditional PC-resident program design, however. Even if Steam allows you to save your league locally, what would be the point of that if the game were to be accessible only online? I don't think I could ever trust that situation.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
then dont buy the game through steam. just buy it how you have always traditionally bought it....from the devs themselves. They're only making it an otion to buy from steam, just to get the name out there where there are literally millions of users on steam.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #32
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilianth View Post
then dont buy the game through steam. just buy it how you have always traditionally bought it....from the devs themselves. They're only making it an otion to buy from steam, just to get the name out there where there are literally millions of users on steam.
Agreed. I'm just a worrywart, projecting a future that may not occur.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #33
Delgadodawg
All Star Reserve

Stupid Question.

I bought the game through Steam. How do I add my online league files to the game?? I can't find any folders for it. It loads through steam so I can't seem to find any of the regular folders that go along with the game.

When I click properties on my OOTP shortcut it says the path location is "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 17600
Delgadodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #34
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgadodawg View Post
Stupid Question.

I bought the game through Steam. How do I add my online league files to the game?? I can't find any folders for it. It loads through steam so I can't seem to find any of the regular folders that go along with the game.

When I click properties on my OOTP shortcut it says the path location is "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 17600
Your folders for OOTP should be in:

c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\out of the park baseball 9\data

So, saved games should be placed in:

c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\out of the park baseball 9\data\saved_game\yourleaguename.lg

Is this what you're asking?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #35
easedel
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So far steam has dropped the ball on this one. Now after waiting a few days for them to put the update on, I can't even get my OOTP to open. #steamui_joindialog_sap_requestfailed_text pops up when i launch it
easedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #36
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

How are sales through Steam?

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #37
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I hate Steam. Even though I have The Orange Box disc, I have to open the game through Steam and they wont let me start the game if I am not online. And then there are the annoying Steam pop up ads. I hope OOTP 10 doesnt include a mandatory launching of Steam.
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote