Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-04-2020, 06:24 AM   #1
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

City & Team Name Suggestion

I Know this is probably quite late to have this added to v21, but I feel it is a worthy suggestion if it can be added.
When you create your leagues currently, you have the option to randomize team nicknames and/or randomize cities.
It would be great if on the league & teams setup tab, you had the option to randomize an individual city or team nickname.
It would be even nicer if you could select a random city for an individual team by criteria such as relative population size AND geographical region(s), such as checking several boxes from a list of several states, (or countries for those seeking an international flair), or something besides the restrictive regions you have built into the game currently, such as simply northeast/southeast/central/northwest/southwest US.
And an option to suggest alliterative team nicknames, regional nicknames, or geographically appropriate names (e.g. marine based for coastal towns, plains type mascots for those areas, northern themed mascots in that area, etc.) --- OK that might be harder to program in, but I can fantasize for these options. Even a dropdown with a bunch or random team logos available in the game for individual teams would be an improvement to the all or nothing randomization on offer now.
When I use the random button now to change all team names or cities, I may go thru a dozen iterations and if lucky, get only 1 or 2 screens that have more than 2 or 3 interesting team nicknames and not have more than that amount of awful ones. Randomizing cities now is just as bad, the game winds up assigning many inappropriately sized and/or located cities, especially when generating cities for both majors & minors in a game.
Not sure if anyone else feels the same way about needing this in the game, but the option as presented now lacks so much in its current implementation.
I hope you would consider implementing this request; the game pretty much rocks in most aspects. It would be fun for me to have this added.
tomnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Totally agree here. Nicknames like the Baton Rouge Ninjas and Philadelphia Cowboys just don't cut it with me.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #3
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
Totally agree here. Nicknames like the Baton Rouge Ninjas and Philadelphia Cowboys just don't cut it with me.
Utah Jazz works though.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote