Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
Katsuro
Bat Boy

Improving statistical accuracy in ootp8?

Good day, I recently created a fictional type league using the 14 most recent expansion teams (1961-1998). During several replays, I have experienced extremely high HR totals.

I have tried editing the modifiers via league totals (ie lowering hr number from 3k to half that). All other modifiers are set at 1.000, player creation modifier is set at 1901 (if this matters).

While I realize teams nearly 40 yrs apart will likely affect totals, I am trying to have stats old school like (HR leader in the high 30s-mid 40s, think 1986).

Can someone suggest how I may be able to recreate this type of statistical desire?
Katsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Its been a long time since I looked into that and I haven't played 8 in ages but my recommendation would be to select a season which represents the stats you want (baseball-reference is a great site for that) and then set the league to start in that season. Make sure finance and statistical parameters are set to be based off that season.

I think you will still have a little trouble, because the teams you are creating will be weaker than league average. But the variances may be within acceptable limits.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

don't change the Total, unless you also change the babip and any other stat that may be affected. think just babip.

anyway, easier to just change the modifier. 50% less of current value would cut it in ~1/2 give or take. may need to tweak it over time if you see too low or too high of a result.

what bristol recommends is better idea, if you've already changed the totals. if it doesn't recalculate the modifiers, do so before season starts. (not every year, but any time you import settings, if it doesn't occur, or change of era or change of PCMs etc)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote