Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:21 AM   #41
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Yes.You could call every play of every game your team has and still what coaches you have would be of vital importance.

Last edited by Francis Cole; 01-01-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #42
SteelCurtain
Bat Boy

During the draft, do your HC and Coördinators point out players they think would be the best selection? (In the form of a advice.)
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #43
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

I find this to be a very interesting topic. I am a one-team kind of guy. been rooting for all of my teams for over 40 years without exception and have never really played any game where I wasn't Giants, Niners or Warriors.

So I will definitely start with Niners. Something interesting happened to me in 2010 that had never happened before. My beloved Giants finally won a WS (and obviously have had an unbelievable run since.) and it was one of the most satisfying fan experinces of my life. But it I kind of killed OOTP for me for a short stint.I have been simming sports since I was a little kid with APBA and StratOMatic and it was weird to not want to make any changes to my team and not need the alternate reality. Now, I did end up doing a historical Giants replay that I am still in and loving so that worked out fine.

So for the Niners I kind of have the opposite problem. At the beginning of this year I probably would have made a few slight tweaks, but after this nightmare of a real season I am fired up to get in there and make wholesale changes.

So bottom line, what kind of team will I try and build will always be answered by well, what kind of team am I starting with. Can't wait to start.

Plus OL always OL, but that is old school coach bias more then anything.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #44
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Yes.You could call every play of every game your team has and still what coaches you have would be of vital importance.
I love this - I think coaching staffs are so important and am happy to hear they will be a big part of the game.

Also hoping coaches can go to\from college programs like they do in real life. that would be incredible.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 01-08-2015, 03:15 AM   #45
SFG
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
I find this to be a very interesting topic. I am a one-team kind of guy. been rooting for all of my teams for over 40 years without exception and have never really played any game where I wasn't Giants, Niners or Warriors.

So I will definitely start with Niners. Something interesting happened to me in 2010 that had never happened before. My beloved Giants finally won a WS (and obviously have had an unbelievable run since.) and it was one of the most satisfying fan experinces of my life. But it I kind of killed OOTP for me for a short stint.I have been simming sports since I was a little kid with APBA and StratOMatic and it was weird to not want to make any changes to my team and not need the alternate reality. Now, I did end up doing a historical Giants replay that I am still in and loving so that worked out fine.

So for the Niners I kind of have the opposite problem. At the beginning of this year I probably would have made a few slight tweaks, but after this nightmare of a real season I am fired up to get in there and make wholesale changes.

So bottom line, what kind of team will I try and build will always be answered by well, what kind of team am I starting with. Can't wait to start.

Plus OL always OL, but that is old school coach bias more then anything.
I'm pretty much the same on all accounts. I, too, support the 49ers, Giants, and Warriors, and games like these are the perfect outlet if you're fed up with your current team's performance or history as a whole and you give yourself the power to change it.

Given the recent success of the Giants, I'm motivated in the sense that baseball has been really fun in real life, but also less motivated in the sense they just won the World Series and there's no way for me to top that in the game itself. Similarly, even though the Warriors haven't won an NBA title since 1976, they already look like the best team in the NBA. As for the 49ers, they had three really good seasons, a bit of a down year with a ton of injuries and an uninspiring offense and some crappy officiating calls that may or may not have had an effect on the outcome of some games, so it makes me more motivated to play a football sim game.

And the Sharks have never won a Stanley Cup despite all the success they've had otherwise, but my hockey fandom has declined in recent years and I only have so much time to dedicate to games.

It's just more fulfilling when you're able to take your favorite team from complete garbage to the top in the fantasy world of a sim game. Even if your team is good in real life, it's kind of fun to break it down and build it back up again to leave your own mark.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #46
ardthomp
Bat Boy

I have a vision of a very dominant team, but I will end up building one of the worst organizations in all of football...and not on purpose!

In all likelihood, I'll start with the Colts and see what I can do to add to the roster to help push them over the hump and into the Super Bowl.