Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
creepshow
Bat Boy

Contract issues among non-playable minor USA leagues

Using the build released today

Not sure exactly why this is happening, but I'm noticing some very odd behavior with the AI in these leagues.

1 - Certain players showing "moved" to two teams, in two leagues, on the same day

ex. on June 30th 2014, one player "moved" from the Columbus Cottonmouths (SPHL) to the Brampton Beast (CHL) ...then from Brampton Beast (CHL) to the Louisiana IceGators (SPHL)

which led to this discovery:

2 - No competition regarding prices among lower US leagues (theory)

I was monitoring a single guy who was a top scorer in the SPHL who left at the end of the season and joined the CHL Wichita Thunder...for all of 9 games. Then, he went BACK to the SPHL to a different team.

The thing I can't wrap my head around, he was making $1000/y on both teams. The SPHL to CHL jump makes sense, as the CHL is a more prestigious league, but going BACK to the SPHL, for the exact same pay, during a contract period?

I can't make any sense of the logic behind these transactions...

I think the contracts need to be reworked, as right now it doesn't seem to take into account current or past salaries when re-negotiating contracts with other leagues. Additionally, I don't like how they are all identified as "move" rather than "signed", "move" makes it sound like an internal decision by two teams that have some sort of talent exchange agreement....(possibly just a nitpick)