Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #41
TavesSoul
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque27 View Post

Bit of a glitch.
I have this exact same error as well (except Los Angeles is the team getting Cullen in mine).
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Some team abbreviations in finnish SM-Liiga could do with a change.

A must: HIFK's HIF -> IFK.
If you feel like it, KalPa's KLP -> KAL and SaiPa's SIP -> SAI. Better fits for a finn imo.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #43
sbaden01
Bat Boy

Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #44
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
Yep I am watching this thread and will look for volunteer writers as well. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Please include the debug number when reporting news errors which will look like example [12-234]
PM sent
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #45
scuffleball
Major Leagues

<CAT id="10">
<OBJ id="247" text="According to rumours, [%personname F L] will renew hist contract with the [%teamname]."/>
</CAT>

'hist' > his

Also (I know it's probably nitpicking)... rumours > rumors
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #46
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
<CAT id="10">
<OBJ id="247" text="According to rumours, [%personname F L] will renew hist contract with the [%teamname]."/>
</CAT>

'hist' > his

Also (I know it's probably nitpicking)... rumours > rumors
"Rumours" is correct in British English. I don't think it's a problem whether British or American is used, as long as it stays consistent.

Last edited by Cryomaniac; 03-05-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #47
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
"Rumours" is correct in British English. I don't think it's a problem whether British or American is used, as long as it stays consistent.
Yeah, that's why I said it was nitpicking.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #48
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Haven's seen it mentionned, but one of the "scouting reports" messages (who sadly don't show a reference number) goes :

Quote:
"While scouting [playerX], his teammate [playerY] made a vary positive impression."
Should be "very"
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #49
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Just found this. Penner asking for a 6y deal, i offer 3 and he says he wont tied up and asks for 6 again, maybe his math teacher wasnt that good.
Attached Images
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #50
YZG

[210-428] The Rögle BK celebrated wildly after they eliminated the MODO Hockey in the Le-Mat Trophy title series by a 2-1 score. And the celebration continued when they players hit the locker room and the party really began. The champagne flowed freely as the jubilant players passed around the championship trophy. Others dove headfirst and slid from one doorway to the next on a slick plastic sheet. Some were drenching each other with champagne and exchanging bear hugs. "This is a great ending for a great season," the victorious Rögle BK skipper told the reporters in the club house. "Winning the Le-Mat Trophy doesn't happen often in a career. This title is to be savored and remembered."

===
I bolded problems in the text above. "they" should be "the"; the coma should come after the ". Skipper is a baseball term. This text should probably refer to the head coach instead. Same for club house, actually; locker room is probably better. Please also check, I am not totally certain, but there might be a missing space between the period and the "And" of the second sentence.

Finally, sentences starting with "and" are kinda acceptable, but may annoy some people. In this text, I'd say it is not needed and could be dropped altogether.

EDIT: I'm not certain it has or has not been noticed already, but I noticed that dates of news ending by 1, 2 or 3 display "th" rather than the correct "st", "nd" and "rd" (e.g. 22th instead of 22nd).

Last edited by YZG; 03-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #51
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZG View Post
[210-428] The Rögle BK celebrated wildly after they eliminated the MODO Hockey in the Le-Mat Trophy title series by a 2-1 score. And the celebration continued when they players hit the locker room and the party really began. The champagne flowed freely as the jubilant players passed around the championship trophy. Others dove headfirst and slid from one doorway to the next on a slick plastic sheet. Some were drenching each other with champagne and exchanging bear hugs. "This is a great ending for a great season," the victorious Rögle BK skipper told the reporters in the club house. "Winning the Le-Mat Trophy doesn't happen often in a career. This title is to be savored and remembered."

===
I bolded problems in the text above. "they" should be "the"; the coma should come after the ". Skipper is a baseball term. This text should probably refer to the head coach instead. Same for club house, actually; locker room is probably better. Please also check, I am not totally certain, but there might be a missing space between the period and the "And" of the second sentence.

Finally, sentences starting with "and" are kinda acceptable, but may annoy some people. In this text, I'd say it is not needed and could be dropped altogether.
Yeah we took some of the stories from the OOTP database and will require some tweaking to make the stories hockey centric :-)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #52
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daletiel View Post
In individual scouting reports, the following tweaks might make things read a bit better:

Jake Gardiner is a defenseman, so "first liner" doesn't make as much sense as "first-pair defenseman" or "first-pair d-man".

Would read better as "Gardiner has a very high stamina level."

Would read better as "Gardiner has good vision."

Additionally, [187-396], [184-390], [77-301], [88-308], [102-272], [141-350] and [131-339] all are missing periods at the end of their blurbs.
Scouting categories are pretty bare right now, and a lot of these snippets are placeholder text. Give it a few weeks and you will start to see impovement :-)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #53
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
Scouting categories are pretty bare right now, and a lot of these snippets are placeholder text. Give it a few weeks and you will start to see impovement :-)
"Top pair defenseman" would also work in that situation.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #54
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

On the league milestone watch page "Milestone Assits" should be "Milestone Assists".
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #55
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Team personnel page.

Descriptors for tactics and training include "standart". Should be "Standard".
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #56
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this goes here, But when simming a season it shows the top 6 skaters( It tells me the positions of the Top Skaters ) on the left and Top Goalies on the right (position is obvious here). It doesn’t tell you what team the players are on. For someone like me with little Hockey knowledge both current and Historical, It would be nice to know what team these top players play on.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #57
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

When one of your players is claimed on waivers, you get a notice saying
Quote:
PlayerX has been claimed from TeamA
Should be "by".
Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Argamas
Bat Boy

My findings so far:
1. I traded a player for a pick. Message was: Chicago traded Jonny Odulya for Jonny Odulya
2. PP messege in game is not very clear: Referee sends player away. Suggestion: PP: Referee sends home/away player to the box
3. The referee sends away both Player. The s is missing: players
Don't know if this is a text issue or a bug, but I scored a goal and one player was credited with both 1st and 2nd assist

Last edited by Argamas; 03-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #59
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

I have a text error that I stumbled across last night. A player was sent down from the Washington Capitals to the Reading Royals, and the text says "Mattias Sjorgen sent to Washington", it probably should say "Mattias Sjorgen sent to Reading" or similar. Also in the same screen I saw "is sent down" and should be "was sent down"
Attached Images
Old 03-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #60
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Instead of saying either "Home wins the faceoff" or "Away wins the faceoff" in the in game PbP, would it be possible to say [Player name] wins the faceoff for [team name]"?

Also, my team scored a goal, but there was no mention in the play by play window, only on the highlights list on the right. Subsequent goals came up in the PbP window though.

And when you resign from managing a team using the manager menu, the popup says "Do you want to resign drom the team?" clearly it should say "From".

Last edited by Cryomaniac; 03-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.