Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #81
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Build 4

Trying to remove draft picks from trades (something that you could not do in the last build sometimes) now sometimes crashes the game altogether.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #82
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayze302 View Post
Build 4

Trying to remove draft picks from trades (something that you could not do in the last build sometimes) now sometimes crashes the game altogether.
Added to the bug tracker.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #83
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruB View Post
(version 4) This also happened in 3, every time I watch a game, and the first time either a save or a goal happens, it crashes. This is repeatable. Will say this is a very promising WIP so far.. Thanks

edit: this happens in Full Screen Only, went to window and it worked fine
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #84
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Using today's update, trying to start a new historical game, nothing appears in the drop down menu for "select database" and the game crashes at 52% if you just click "ok".
There's not supposed to be anything there at the moment, that's just a placeholder for when we enable different databases (e.g., a user-edited one) to be selected. It shouldn't crash, though - is it freezing up, or does it just return to the desktop after hitting 52%?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #85
Crazy Bacon Legs
Bat Boy

If I use the search function to find a player and then use the drop down to try and see skater stats, the game crashes every time.

This is the same regardless of whether there is one player in the results, or many.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #86
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bacon Legs View Post
If I use the search function to find a player and then use the drop down to try and see skater stats, the game crashes every time.

This is the same regardless of whether there is one player in the results, or many.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #87
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayze302 View Post
Build 4

I can't reproduce this problem. When did this happen?
In the first season or in a later season?
In different leagues or only in a particular league?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #88
BobFloppypants
Bat Boy

Same thing happens to me when starting a historical game.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #89
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFloppypants View Post
Same thing happens to me when starting a historical game.
Please try to uninstall the game and install version 0.9.4 anew.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #90
BobFloppypants
Bat Boy

Re-installing it worked for me. Thx.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #91
dplanty91
Bat Boy

Hi,

I am having a repeating crash when trying to advance past 6th of december 2012 in my NHL save. Then only thing i have done is add the logo and player face packs, and made a trade offer before i pressed sim day.

Edit This is build 4, and removing player facepack didnt change anything, i have also reinstalled the game which didnt work. I am stumped by this one!

Last edited by dplanty91; 03-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #92
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Playing 0.9.4

July 2, 2013 - I tender an offer to Ryan Getzlaf (free agent)
July 3, 2013 - no issues, no transactions
Sim to July 4, 2013
Crash

I cannot get past this date.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #93
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
I can't reproduce this problem. When did this happen?
In the first season or in a later season?
In different leagues or only in a particular league?
It was the first season in the NHL.

If I remember correctly, it would happen every time after a team rejected a proposed trade and I used the action button to discuss it again. Once it took me to the trade screen with the rejected trade and I tried to remove a draft pick, it would crash.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #94
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned as I didn't feel like scouring through all pages of this thread:

I get a crash around playoff time of the second season whenever I have made edits to a player or personnel's contract length. I.e., when I start a new game, try to change the length of the existing coach contract up a couple years and save changes, the info screen then no longer shows a date for contract expiry but instead some large number like 3046 or something. I'm guessing this is what leads to the crash later on.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #95
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebmono View Post
Apologies if this has already been mentioned as I didn't feel like scouring through all pages of this thread:

I get a crash around playoff time of the second season whenever I have made edits to a player or personnel's contract length. I.e., when I start a new game, try to change the length of the existing coach contract up a couple years and save changes, the info screen then no longer shows a date for contract expiry but instead some large number like 3046 or something. I'm guessing this is what leads to the crash later on.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #96
oilfan
Bat Boy

I was playing it up until the end of the first season and it started to crash. it did this about 10 to 25 times as i tried advancing by a day, week ,month and so on. Once after it crashed i decided to reboot my computer after i did this i tried to start the game up again. Now when i try to open it my screen goes white and the only way to get out of it is to force quit. i tried uninstalling and re installing but the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #97
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

9:04, new database, Historical game. I'm getting a lot of crashes that appear somewhat random so far. I'm not even to the start of the season and had more than 10. They mostly seem to happen when I click on a players name in either a news report or on the FA screen when clicking on a name or right clicking and choosing a scout in the popup. I'm trying to find a pattern or particular situation but this is the best I can come up with so far. I've got the auto save set to daily as I'm getting tired of repeating all my scouting assignments, setting up my roster or looking through the Free Agent list. Even with manually saving every few moves I still got a crash while clicking on A players name in a news letter scouting report.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #98
shaken_bacon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this is reported yet, but every time I got to watch a game it crashes on me after several in game minutes. Doesn't matter what team or league and is repeatable.

Also when watching the game is there suppose to be anything that shows up on screen? I just get a blank arena and even though I have the text box at the bottom that updates, nothing appears on the screen. (Is there suppose to be little shot ticks and such to appear on screen?)
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #99
anguscl

Crash

Can't sim pass 9/23/12 in first game as Toronto. I have the save game if you need it saved to the last day. I have tried auto-simming pass the date and simming a day at a time. I have also reinstalled the game with the new database.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #100
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

I got to May 21, 2013 in my game (first games of round 3) and can't sim past it without crashing. If you want the save game files, let me know.

Not sure if it's relevant but there is a crash_report.txt file in the Documents\OOTP\FHM2014\data folder that seems to get updated when it crashes. Contents are:
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_InstallEngineFromResource returned 0x20010000 (SDK_LATEST_ENGINE_ALREADY_INSTALLED)
Successfully run ESELLERATE_eSellerInstall
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ValidateActivation returned 0x20050001 (VALIDATEACTIVATION_MACHINE_MATCH)

I just saw on the previous page where somebody reported a similar error and the last message in the messages folder for me is also about the USHL Draft so that may be the issue. I've also tried going into commissioner mode and editing the USHL draft rules, but even if I don't change anything it crashes when I click on the Save Changes button.

Last edited by CalgaryCannons; 03-17-2013 at 12:55 AM.