Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 AM   #1141
Confucius Rex
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I could be wrong on this, but if Ghost players is on and create & maintain hidden players is on that might be the issue. Turn ghost players off for the offseason and see if the new teams sign enough players. i know I have seen this issue for minor leagues and Indy Leagues where they have no players at all.
Ghost players was already off, so I turned off hidden players, but that didn't help.
Confucius Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #1142
hfield007
All Star Starter

other than my twice unanswered problems with my one league not drafting players and sending them to free agency and no longer listing who retires I now have a new problem.

I don't know if it has been reported yet but when I am on a team's page and click front office i get an error code (something about scroll bar values) and the game immediately force closes.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #1143
Dreifort
Major Leagues

Bug/Error with fictional/custom/historical calendar & schedule.

Fictional league, 1896. I'm using default generated schedule. My fictional country is UTC-3 time zone, not EST.

Default generated schedule for games in 1896 in my league show 5:05pm EST start times for most games. If I go to league setup and edit schedule, the start times all show 7:05. If I sim/play a game and view box score, it says start time 7:05 EST.

Now I assume that since my country is 2 hrs ahead of EST in time zone, that the 7:05 start time is my UTC-3 time zone and not EST?

Which time is right? or which one is mislabeled?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #1144
Jeppi
Bat Boy

Online minor releases issues.

I play on ASBA's online league. And a bug happened to me.

I set my manager setup so that i only let the AI control Minor leagues demotions/promotions and Minor leagues Lineups/Depth/pitching.

Then i just noticed before last sim that it released players without me acting on them, those players were released during the 7days sim week, not on the day i can act on the sim (monday).

I had the commish of the league look at my setups and it looked fine to him. That should have not happened.

Last sim after my commish looked at the setup other players were released and someone looked again at my account the setup to see that they were unchanged.

Last edited by Jeppi; 10-29-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Jeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #1145
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

One of my leagues continues to be in 'Spring Training Mode' even after the regular season has begun.

I can see the real stats on my team page but the league page still shows ST stats.

In the games, the player stats remain static as the regular season stats don't change the displayed ST stats.

It is the same league that didn't do pre-season predictions, so that may be connected.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #1146
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

I get crashes sometimes (as in at least 4 or 5 times) when I change a pitcher's "suggested role in" from one league to another. It happens enough that I am now saving games very frequently.
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #1147
Isryion
Major Leagues

As I haven't yet received a response to my post in the other thread here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...finds-bug.html

I thought I'd post the short version here....In a league I'm in it appears that one GM is getting access to negotiate with players who are found by scouts that should be exclusive to the team.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or he's been able to find them some other way (and I know that these players can at least be accessed by searching by name), but that seems impractical. We don't think it's via the FA list (though that would be a problem, too), and are trying to figure out where this might be happening or if it is a bug.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1148
tkirch
Minors (Double A)

During PBP the widgets in the BNN Broadcast are all over the place and not lined up the way I set them up in the Ballpark editor screen. They are right on the ballpark screen but not during PBP
tkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #1149
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Typo!

Heh, I thought you were talking about the old Federal League.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #1150
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

uh...is this thread dead?

Is it too late to report a bug?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1151
primetime_09
Bat Boy

Real Time Simulation (Box Scores and Game Logs)

Why is there an option to broadcast "box scores" and "game logs" when it never works for other users watching the online live sim?

DETAILS: When I choose to broadcast online league live sim, box scores and game logs are set to "yes." However, an error page opens when someone clicks on this link in the browser.

If this is an option that we can use, it should work. Someone please help as I've tried to request this help and/or fix for several months.
primetime_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #1152
bertnorth
Bat Boy

Since I can't make threads and this is clearly if not a bug a huge f-up, I'll put it in here.

When cleaning my system last night, I went to delete the OOTP folder in my documents as I don't play your game anymore. Well, it tried deleting 270,000 files, 7.5 gigs, a quarter of a million files, hours ago and it's still deleting them. I haven't been on my system, no other files or programs are open(aside from me posting this), and it's been going on for hours.

I don't think I've ever had 280K files in my lifetime, let alone for a game, a game that has no graphics and very limited playability, I might add.

So what do I do? Want me to check in later today and let you know if your program has been deleted off my PC? Will it actually delete or will it crash my PC?

I know one thing, until you get rid of your bloated files I will never buy your game again. This is by far the lamest thing I've ever seen by a developer.

Last edited by bertnorth; 11-14-2012 at 07:32 AM.
bertnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #1153
Andreas Raht
Administrator

True, deleting so many files is a problem for many operating systems. It used to be easier but modern GUIs first count all the files before they start to delete them. I'm usually using the Windows cmd box and delete files with DOS commands. But you need to know what you're doing there

Obviously it's not OOTPs fault that deleting the files needs so long on your computer. OOTP is only responsible for the number of files. If you have a lot of big leagues and simulate several years in each of them, you'll have a big number of files on disk. We hear you and we're thinking about how to reduce the number of files which OOTP generates. It's not easy. But we're working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertnorth View Post
Since I can't make threads and this is clearly if not a bug a huge f-up, I'll put it in here.

When cleaning my system last night, I went to delete the OOTP folder in my documents as I don't play your game anymore. Well, it tried deleting 270,000 files, 7.5 gigs, a quarter of a million files, hours ago and it's still deleting them. I haven't been on my system, no other files or programs are open(aside from me posting this), and it's been going on for hours.

I don't think I've ever had 280K files in my lifetime, let alone for a game, a game that has no graphics and very limited playability, I might add.

So what do I do? Want me to check in later today and let you know if your program has been deleted off my PC? Will it actually delete or will it crash my PC?

I know one thing, until you get rid of your bloated files I will never buy your game again. This is by far the lamest thing I've ever seen by a developer.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #1154
bertnorth
Bat Boy

Thanks Andreas

I was just surprised by the amount of file, had never seen that many from a single program

I did go ahead and cancel the deletion dialog box after a couple hours and it seems to be gone.

Should I do a defrag or are all the files pretty much in the same spot?

Thanks again
bertnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #1155
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

To echo Andreas, deleting a lot of files in Windows always take forever. Just use the cmd prompt. If you aren't comfortable in DOS, there are programs available to delete mass amounts of documents. Also, don't put them in your recycling bin when deleting them. Select your files, and hold shift when you click delete. It will permanently delete them and save you a ton of time.

Finally, I've found selecting a league within OOTP and deleting it from there saves a ton of time. You might try that method going forward.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #1156
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Finally, I've found selecting a league within OOTP and deleting it from there saves a ton of time. You might try that method going forward.
Good idea. It's in the "load game" dialog in OOTP. Delete the leagues from there first.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #1157
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I having problems uploading my files to ootpsupport using ftp.

Anyone have any advice?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #1158
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I having problems uploading my files to ootpsupport using ftp.

Anyone have any advice?
How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1159
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I followed those instructions. They didn't work. Cyberduck just fails to make a connection and when I go the IE route the window I get is read only.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #1160
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

And I tried just one more time (after trying multiple times yesterday) and it worked. Go figure