Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #1101
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I didnt want my custom players that I created to be traded so once the season began of their rookie season, I edited each with a no trade clause. Come January of the following year, (might even have happened after arbitration hearings) none of my players had the no trade clause anymore and several were traded. Then I have to go back and reverse the trade.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #1102
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

When you call for a suicide squeeze with runners on first and third, both runners should take off on the pitch.

This doesn't happen in the game unless the bunt is put down. Therefore if the batter misses the bunt the runner is tagged out at home and the runner at first stays put, when he should be trying to get to second. (and succeeding most of the time)
funkadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #1103
beorn
All Star Starter

related to PT3552:

During the time between the end of the season and the beginning of free agency, projected payroll for the coming year remains incorrect, post-patch.

See the following images, taken from online NUEBL:

Current player payroll and the projected player payroll for the coming year are $88,382,500, although the salaries page shows that the correct total is $74.4 million.

Last edited by beorn; 10-02-2012 at 08:02 AM.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #1104
Cras
Hall Of Famer

I have come across an issue where a player signs a minor league contract, and instead of in his history listing that he "Signed a minor league contract with <insert random major league club here> organization.

it listed the minor league affiliate he was assigned to.
Attached Images
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!

Last edited by Cras; 10-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #1105
dankk
Bat Boy

contract and finance bug?

Its opening day in my fictional league. It is the inagural season. The game assigned contracts to my drafted players as expected. When I entered spring training i had 38 players on my 40 man roster. 23 of these players were assigned minor league contracts and even after I placed them on the 40 man roster they still had minor league contracts. I thought maybe their contracts would not change until openeing day of the regular season so i played through spring training. Now it is the opening day of the regular season. I checked my salary obligations screen and only 15 of the 37 guys on my 40 man roster had major league contracts. When I look at the contract screen of the players, who even though are on my active roster have minor league contracts, it shows that they have accumulated 1 day of major league service time this year as expected, but still have minor league contracts. I dont understand, Im almost positive they should have been given league minimum major league contracts (480k) by now. Is this a bug or what? I have the most recent version of the game.
dankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #1106
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadillo View Post
There's a major AI bug is in OOTP 13 that was in the game last year, and I can't believe it's still in this year's version.

For some reason the AI seems to be adding some players to the 40 man roster after they're drafted for no reason. Even high school players that are nowhere near close to ready. Then 3 years down the line the player's options are up and they're still nowhere near ready, and the AI is forced to either waive him or stick him on the big league roster, even though he currently only has single A talent.

This is crippling AI teams, robbing them of some of their best prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Cannot reproduce (as per the developer).
I've figured out specifically when this is happening. I'm playing with the 2012 Collective Bargaining rules on (which forbids drafted players from signing major league contracts.)

Nonetheless, when players are drafted that WOULD be demanding major league deals otherwise, they're immediately being listed as having a major league contract in the game.

They aren't put on the 40-man roster immediately, and their salary shows as $0, but their contract type is listed as "major league contract", and it shows in the editor that they have a major league contract for $0 and are signed to an extension for a major league contract. All this before their draft negations even begin.

Then after they're signed they're using up their options from day one, when they're sent to the minors.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #1107
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure if this is always incorrectly scored this way, but the first game of the playoffs I had a player hit a double and get thrown out trying to stretch it into a triple. That was his only hit of the game (in 2 at bats). He was never walked nor hit by a pitch.

Yet his OBP for the playoffs showed to be .500. It should've been 0.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #1108
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is always incorrectly scored this way, but the first game of the playoffs I had a player hit a double and get thrown out trying to stretch it into a triple. That was his only hit of the game (in 2 at bats). He was never walked nor hit by a pitch.

Yet his OBP for the playoffs showed to be .500. It should've been 0.
That is reported correctly. He gets credit for a double and an out.

From the official rules, a player is awarded a hit IF:
the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball hit with such force, or so slowly, that any fielder attempting to make a play with the ball has no opportunity to do so;

As soon as he is safe on 1st he has a hit, no matter what happens after that.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #1109
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
That is reported correctly. He gets credit for a double and an out.

From the official rules, a player is awarded a hit IF:
the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball hit with such force, or so slowly, that any fielder attempting to make a play with the ball has no opportunity to do so;

As soon as he is safe on 1st he has a hit, no matter what happens after that.
I'm 99% positive he gets credit for the double but not for being on base. This is how occasionally a player has a lower OBP than their average.

In this case I'm not arguing he shouldn't get credit for the double. His average was correct at .500. But his OBP should've been 0%.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1110
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

It can't be a hit and not be counted in OBP. The official forumula is here:

Baseball Basics: Stats 101 | MLB.com: Official Info

On-Base Percentage (OBP): Divide the total number of hits plus Bases on Balls plus hits by Pitch BY at Bats plus Bases on Balls plus hit by Pitch plus Sacrifice Flies
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1111
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
It can't be a hit and not be counted in OBP. The official forumula is here:

Baseball Basics: Stats 101 | MLB.com: Official Info

On-Base Percentage (OBP): Divide the total number of hits plus Bases on Balls plus hits by Pitch BY at Bats plus Bases on Balls plus hit by Pitch plus Sacrifice Flies
That's correct- the hit increases his OBP whether he stayed on base or not.

The "OBP lower than AVG" phenomenon is caused by having a good number of sacrifice flies, not by getting thrown out trying to stretch for an extra base.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #1112
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsport View Post
That's correct- the hit increases his OBP whether he stayed on base or not.

The "OBP lower than AVG" phenomenon is caused by having a good number of sacrifice flies, not by getting thrown out trying to stretch for an extra base.
Now I'm even more confused. How could a sacrifice fly affect either average or OBP?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1113
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Oh, I see. Wikipedia answered my question there. It still counts as a plate appearance, but not an at bat.

Learn something new every day ... I've been an avid baseball fan for many years, and always thought if a runner was thrown out advancing too far he wasn't credited as getting on base.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #1114
beorn
All Star Starter

Maybe not exactly a bug, but a design question to think about for 14:

This does not really make sense. The player says he will be extremely difficult to sign, but he is asking for less than slot? I understand that this is consistent with the system that has been set up, but I think the system needs some re-thinking.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #1115
The Game
Hall Of Famer

PBP mispelling

I think I posted another one that had to do with pie.
Attached Images
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #1116
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I think I posted another one that had to do with pie.
I think it was supposed to say pinata but was cut off. Probably by the special character in pinata.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #1117
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I think it was supposed to say pinata but was cut off. Probably by the special character in pinata.
Ha. I was wondering why someone would be whacking at a pie.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #1118
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha. I was wondering why someone would be whacking at a pie.
Apparently you have not seen the movie "American Pie".
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #1119
BallFan
Minors (Double A)

Somehow I accidentally turned off my computer while I was simulating stuff, and now when I try to load my league it gets stuck at "cleaning up text files", at which point it stops responding when it is at about 57 percent. I have to force quit to get out of it. While I do have a backup, it's about 4 years (in game) old and would be a pain in the neck to do. Does anybody have any suggestions or ways to "clean up" the text files manually so that I can start playing the game again?

BallFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #1120
kev24fan
Major Leagues

After the last patch 13.7 Build 28 When I went and started NEW MAJOR LEAGUE GAME. It no longer starts with all ML teams with the ballparks already in the game. I went to add on central but can not find what I need to have all the ML parks with the parks from the show loaded.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote